more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle hypocrasy from dissenters

Started by Nick Bateman, October 07, 2021, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 12, 2021, 10:29:11 AM
I don't want to appear too cynical. But it is very easy if you have tens of millions of pounds coming in and appear principled. It helps with the sponsorships and it helps that you don't have to sacrifice too much for any cause and appear right on and be popular. It is a win win. Especially when you can get publicity for anybody who is nasty to you on Twitter.

I honestly don't think that is the case. We will see who they will sign.

toshes mate

George Orwell was mightily prescient:

"War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength."

cmg

...or, if you dislike the Old Etonian viewpoint, how about Jello Biafra's:

"You're a Star-Belly Sneetch, you suck like a leech
You want everyone to act like you
Kiss ass while you bitch, so you can get rich
But your boss gets richer off you

Well, you'll work harder with a gun in your back
For a bowl of rice a day..."

Forever Fulham

If there's a bone saw in the medicine kit, run like hell. 

MartyFFC

Wouldn't it be great if the first thing they do is offer Steve Bruce a brand new 10-year contract

Steeeeeeeeeed

The guy at HTC Sevens is always good for such stories, he meanders quite a bit for the first few minutes of his videos, but very in-depth and I recommend looking at his other videos too...

https://youtu.be/YDzqc3mUQgs

But yeah can usually skip the first 2-3 minutes

blingo

Steve who??? They will appoint a top class manager and then rebuild. It really is that simple. But why begrudge them. I'd love to see that sort of investment at FFC.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: RaySmith on October 12, 2021, 01:12:45 PM
This might interest some - Guardian cartoonist David Squires's view-

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/oct/12/david-squires-on-newcastle-united-saudi-takeover

Interesting & humourous cartoon, RaySmith.  :plus one:
Quote from: blingo on October 12, 2021, 09:16:24 PM
Steve who??? They will appoint a top class manager and then rebuild. It really is that simple. But why begrudge them. I'd love to see that sort of investment at FFC.

Good point, Blingo.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

MartyFFC

Whoever the new manager is, I'm guessing if results aren't going too well; he'll be politely declining any invitation to attend a function at the Saudi Embassy

rebel

It's awful for everyone related / associated with the late Mr. Khashoggi and the wider world. Newcastle will be 'stained' for ever.

blingo

Quote from: rebel on October 14, 2021, 08:53:11 AM
It's awful for everyone related / associated with the late Mr. Khashoggi and the wider world. Newcastle will be 'stained' for ever.

Which Khashoggi Mr Rebel, the one they topped or the arms dealer associated with MAF ???????

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 07, 2021, 06:36:30 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on October 07, 2021, 06:32:29 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 07, 2021, 06:13:32 PM
I wouldn't bet on many of the female side of the human race going to watch them, just a ton of fat beer bellies.
Also as a one Club City they should have a lot of fans and they should have achieved much more on the field of play.
The last time rhey opened up Newcastles Trophy Cabinet Adam & Eve fell out.

Is it not a bit rich for any one of us to slate another clubs trophy cabinet?!

I did not know we even had a Trophy Cabinet, and no it is not at all rich. So I shall say it again, the last time they opened up Newcastles Trophy Cabinet a Witchfinder General fell out.

Yeah, we got it 'almost new' from Arsenal back in the MaF days!  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

epsomraver

Quote from: Jamie88 on October 07, 2021, 06:32:29 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 07, 2021, 06:13:32 PM
I wouldn't bet on many of the female side of the human race going to watch them, just a ton of fat beer bellies.
Also as a one Club City they should have a lot of fans and they should have achieved much more on the field of play.
The last time rhey opened up Newcastles Trophy Cabinet Adam & Eve fell out.

Is it not a bit rich for any one of us to slate another clubs trophy cabinet?!
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg