watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 09/10/21...

Started by WhiteJC, October 09, 2021, 12:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham issue cryptic response over Fabio Carvalho contract talks amid Southampton transfer links

Fulham striker Fabio Carvalho, 19, has been linked with a move to Southampton after starting the Championship season by scoring three goals in his opening four games

Southampton have been linked with a move for teenage Fulham striker Fabio Carvalho after the ex-Benfica goalscorer started the new Championship season with a bang.

The 19-year-old has scored three goals in his first four games, finding the net against Huddersfield, Millwall and Hull City before injury halted his progress.

His fine form poses something of a problem for Fulham who are currently in talks to extend his contract in West London, well aware of his obvious talents.

That contract has just nine months left to run, leave him free to a good home at the end of the season.

Saints fans may remember Carvalho as the teenager who scored his first Premier League goal at St Mary's last season, the consolation goals in a 3-1 win for Southampton against the relegation-bound Cottagers.

And now they have found themselves linked with his services with a report by TeamTalk who claim that Ralph Hasenhuttl has been 'tracking' the youngster for a number of months.

But what have Fulham said about talks with one of their brightest young stars and could Saints find themselves in pole position to capture him at the end of the season?

What have Fulham said?

Speaking about Carvlaho's contract situation, Silva last month urged his representatives to 'stay on the same page' as the club when it came to their hopes of striking a deal for him to stay at Craven Cottage.

His current contract will expire during the summer of 2021, meaning he can be signed for the price of a compensation fee, similar to the deal that saw Thierry Small swap Everton for Southampton earlier this season.

"That is something for inside our football club. I won't be updating at each step. We will only say something when we have something official," said Silva as he remained coy over Carvalho's future.

"Fabio is the same as at the beginning of the season. He is the same boy, a young player hungry to play and happy to work at Fulham every single day.

"All the speculation is for him, of course with my and our support, to deal with because he's a professional player. If there is speculation around him, that means that he's doing something well that provoked this speculation.

"I don't know what's happening off the training ground on a daily basis, with those advising him, but I hope everyone stays on the same page and that everyone really advises him in the right way - because he's a young player who deserves and needs it, and who we are supporting."

Would Carvalho play at Southampton?
Southampton are currently lacking firepower at both senior and under-23s level following the first seven rounds of the Premier League season.

In the league, midfielder James Ward-Prowse is their top goalscorer but both of his goals have come from the penalty spot.

Adam Armstrong has one goal to his name, scored on the opening day, while Che Adams and Armando Broja are yet to open their Premier League accounts.

Carvalho is at the beginning of an extremely important season for his own career - but few anticipated that Chelsea academy graduate Tino Livramento would become so important for Southampton at such a young age, an example that Carvalho could look to follow.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/fulham-fabio-carvalho-southampton-transfer-6027509

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Fulham concern growing as player contract impasse continues

Fulham are growing a little concerned over the lack of progress that is being made concerning Fabio Carvalho's contract with the player's current deal running out at the end of this season, Football League World has been told exclusively.

The young attacking midfielder looks a real gem and, naturally, Fulham want to try and keep hold of him and at least guard against losing him on the cheap, with that obviously quite possible at the moment as he approaches the final six months of his current contract.

Indeed, he's been linked heavily with some of Europe's biggest clubs in the recent past but Fulham had been hoping that the guaranteed first-team football he'd be getting at Craven Cottage would be enough to sway him to stay, though as yet we're no closer to finding out what's going to happen.

Football League World has been told that an offer of around £25k-a-week has been tabled for the player as part of his new deal but, of course, pen has not been put to paper and it just remains to be seen what's going to happen to bring this saga to a close.

The Mail reported earlier this week he might not sign a new deal until a change of his management company goes through, and so the waiting game appears to have a while to run yet.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-fulham-concern-growing-as-player-contract-impasse-continues/

WhiteJC

Matt Godden: Coventry City striker banned for two games for diving against Fulham

Matt Godden's tangle with Fulham defender Antonee Robinson was the key turning point of Coventry's 4-1 win

Coventry City's Matt Godden has been banned for two games by the Football Association for his dive in Saturday's 4-1 Championship win at home to Fulham.

The striker, 30, won a penalty, which he converted himself to make it 2-1, following a 50th-minute challenge from Fulham defender Antonee Robinson.

Video evidence suggested that Robinson did not make contact with Godden.

He admitted a breach of FA Rule E3 for improper conduct after being charged with "a clear act of simulation".

Godden will now miss the two away trips to Lancashire in five days to face Blackburn and Preston immediately following the international break.

Having come from 1-0 down, Mark Robins' Sky Blues were propelled up to third in the Championship table by the win over Fulham, their seventh in 11 games this season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58843445

WhiteJC

Fulham must make logical transfer decision amidst interest from Leeds United, Norwich City, Southampton and West Ham: Opinion

Once again Fulham have unearthed another rough diamond from their youth ranks in the form of attacking midfielder Fabio Carvalho.

The Portuguese born England youth international is one of the hottest properties in the Football League right now, and for that reason the Cottagers are understandably keen to hold onto him for as long as they can.

However after seeing the 19-year-old make a fine start to the current campaign, a spanner has seemingly been thrown in the works.

Carvalho's existing contract at Craven Cottage is due to expire in the summer of next year, thus heightening the possibility that he could move on to a new club in the not too distant future.

And it's fair to say that there has been nothing to dampen those expectations in the media, with Football League World exclusively reporting today that Fulham are growing concerned over the continued contract impasse, particularity after a recent report emerged over the fact that the player is looking to switch management companies.

Indeed speculation is also being heightened by the long list of clubs that are said to be keen on signing the youngster, with the likes of Leeds United, Norwich City, Southampton and West Ham all being linked during the summer, alongside foreign interest from European heavyweights Porto, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

It's a situation that Fulham are no strangers to, with this current wrangle with Carvalho and his representatives drawing comparisons to when Patrick Roberts left the club to join Manchester City in a much publicised deal.

On that occasion the Whites got a significant fee for selling Roberts at the right time and for that reason, their aims surely have to align with that outcome once again in the case of Carvalho.

At the time of writing, the club is almost certain to receive bids for the attacker come the turn of the new year, with the January window presenting what could be the last opportunity they have to cash in on a player who has all the hallmarks of a generational talent.

Losing him for free next summer would surely be a source of great disappointment for Fulham and for that reason they should strongly consider cashing in whilst there is still some value left to a deal being struck with another club.

As for the player's thoughts on his own situation, the 19-year-old is only focused on one thing:

"My aim is to perform well this season and help Fulham get promoted which is what we collectively aspire to do.

"On an individual basis, try to win as many awards as I can, score goals and help the team with my performances."

Driven by his desire to be the best player he can be, Carvalho is set up to enjoy a long and successful career, wherever he ends up further down the line.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-must-make-logical-transfer-decision-amidst-interest-from-leeds-united-norwich-city-southampton-and-west-ham-opinion/

WhiteJC

Blackburn Rovers ace Ben Brereton Diaz beats Fulham, Coventry City stars to Championship accolade

Blackburn Rovers star Ben Brereton Diaz as fended off tough competition to be named the Sky Bet Championship's Player of the Month for September.

There was stiff competition for the accolade of the Championship's Player of the Month for September.

Fulham hotshot Aleksandar Mitrovic, Coventry City talisman Viktor Gyokeres and Reading star John Swift were all up for the award after impressive months. However, it was Blackburn Rovers' Chilean star Ben Brereton Diaz who secured the award.

As confirmed on the EFL's official website, Brereton Diaz's performances saw off tough competition for the accolade.

It comes after the 22-year-old netted a thoroughly impressive six goals in five games for Tony Mowbray's side, including a brace and a hat-trick in his final two matches. Featuring as a left-winger or centre-forward, Brereton Diaz was a constant thorn in the side of Championship defences.

September saw him maintain his strong start to the campaign, taking him to 10 goals in 11 Championship outings this season.

What next for Brereton Diaz?

Now, the forward links up with Chile's national side for their upcoming fixtures against Paraguay and Venezuela, having already played Peru.

After that, Brereton Diaz's attention will turn back to club football. Blackburn Rovers will be determined to correct their form after back-to-back defeats against Huddersfield Town and Blackpool prior to the international break.

It will be interesting to see if he can keep up this strong form of late over the course of the 2021/22 campaign.

https://the72.co.uk/252700/blackburn-rovers-ace-ben-brereton-diaz-beats-fulham-coventry-city-stars-to-championship-accolade/

WhiteJC

Cairney back in training

Tom Cairney has resumed full training with Fulham, according to pictures from Motspur Park this afternoon.

The Fulham skipper has not featured for the first team since a 1-1 draw with Newcastle last December and had only previously completed a single training session since Marco Silva took over at Craven Cottage before being laid low by persistent knee trouble.

The 30 year-old Scottish international, who led Fulham to two Championship play-off triumphs, had been following his own individual training programme as he bids to make a comeback from his prolonged injury absence but has now joined in sessions with the rest of the senior squad who are not on international duty. Silva has been cautious about putting a timeframe on Cairney's potential return to first team action – with the playmaker likely to feature for the club's under 23 side first as he builds up his match sharpness.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/10/cairney-back-in-training/

WhiteJC

Francois rejects Fulham contract

Tyrese Francois has turned down Fulham's offer of a new contract, according to the Athletic.

The Australian midfielder, currently sidelined with a hip complaint, had impressed Marco Silva after the Portuguese head coach took over from Scott Parker at Craven Cottage this summer. Francois, who made his Premier League debut on the final day of last season as a substitute against Newcastle, started the opening game of the new campaign against Middlesbrough in central midfield and played in the League Cup at Birmingham City before slipping down the pecking order following Jean Michael Seri's return to the side.

The 21 year-old's current deal expires at the end of this season and Francois, who missed out on the Australian Olympic squad earlier this summer, is believed to be keen to find first team football to further his career.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/10/francois-rejects-fulham-contract/

WhiteJC

Mitrovic: Shearer, Drogba and Diego Costa inspired me

Aleksandar Mitrovic is Serbia's all-time leading scorer

Currently the joint top goalscorer in the European qualifiers for Qatar 2022

Exclusive interview with the White Eagles striker

Serbia trailed Group A rivals Portugal 2-0 at half-time in their FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ qualifying match back in March. Then everything changed, with Aleksandar Mitrovic pulling one back for the home side and setting them on the way to a vital 2-2 draw in their second game in the section.

In scoring against the Portuguese, Mitrovic - who had kicked off Serbia's campaign with a brace in a 3-2 defeat of Republic of Ireland - became his country's all-time leading goalscorer. His tally of 39 goals at the time beat a record held for 65 years by Stjepan Bobek, who represented the former Yugoslavia.

The Fulham front man did not stop there, however, scoring two more in a 2-1 defeat of Azerbaijan and two more again in a 4-1 victory over Luxembourg to move level with Memphis Depay as the top marksman in the European qualifiers for Qatar 2022.

With 43 international goals now to his name, the imposing 27-year-old forward spoke to FIFA.com ahead of the White Eagles' upcoming Group A matches against Luxembourg and Azerbaijan, the prelude to an all-important trip to Lisbon on the final matchday in November.

FIFA.com: How did it feel to become your country's all-time leading goalscorer?

Aleksandar Mitrovic: I was very proud. It's huge for me and my family. The record had stood since 1956, and it was an incredible feeling, one of the best moments of my life and my career.

How long had you had your eyes on the record?

I'd been thinking about it since I was young, since I started playing for the national team. There are some big names who've worn the jersey before me, and they didn't manage it. I've always believed in my abilities and have worked hard to make this dream come true.

Which is your favourite of the 43 you've scored for the national team?

I love them all. Every goal is different and special in its own way. If I had to choose, though, I'd go for my very first, against Croatia (a header from a corner in a 1-1 draw in the Brazil 2014 qualifiers on 6 September 2013) and the goal against Ireland (a sublime 25-metre lob in that 3-2 win on 24 March 2021).

Do you think stats are important?

Football is passion more than anything else. I don't get obsessed with stats. It's always great to have nice stats but I play out of love for the game. That's what pushes me to keep working hard and do my very best. As soon as I stop feeling that, I'll retire.

Which strikers inspired you when you were young?

I've always watched the best, especially at the start of my career. It's allowed me to understand the game better. I loved watching the likes of Alan Shearer and Didier Drogba. Later, Diego Costa was an inspiration for me. They're the three I've most enjoyed watching. I wouldn't say I've got the same style as them because they're all legends, but I always wanted to play like them and be like them.

And what about now?

When it comes to stats, no one can top Ronaldo, who's out on his own. Lionel Messi's up there too. They're both on another level and there's no one who can compare with them. Then come Robert Lewandowski, Romelu Lukaku, Edinson Cavani, Sergio Aguero, and Mohamed Salah, to name but a few. There are so many good strikers around today and there's always something you can take inspiration from when you watch them. I always try to learn something when I watch a game, whether it's the very top level or the lower leagues.

With seven goals, you're the joint-top scorer in the European qualifiers with Memphis Depay. What's the secret behind your impressive form?

My secret? I don't really have one. It just comes down to hard work and dedication. I'm full of confidence right now and I've got some great players around me too. I'm lucky to be playing with people who like setting up their team-mates, who prefer to play the final pass than to score. When you've got the likes of Dusan Tadic, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Filip Kostic, and Nemanja Radonjic around you, you know when you walk out on the pitch that you're going to get decent service because they can keep playing those final balls. I just have to stay focused and convert the chances when they come my way.

Back in March, Serbia staged a second-half comeback to share the points with Portugal in a 2-2 draw. Has that result given you the confidence to push for top spot in the group and direct qualification for Qatar 2022?

We played really well against them. They had two chances and scored two goals. I wouldn't say we were the better team, but we did have the better chances. We respect them. They're a great team full of great players, but that game showed us we can match them. We've got two tough matches to play before we face them again: against Luxembourg and Azerbaijan. We have to concentrate on them first. They can both play and they can cause us problems. We're going to try and put ourselves in the best possible position before that last match against the Portuguese.

This is your third World Cup qualification campaign. Is this current team the best you've played in?

All the teams I've played in have been good and have had good players, but I think we're on an upward curve this time. We've got a new coach this year and we're playing good football. There's a good energy in and around the team and we're playing entertaining, attacking football. We're ambitious in every game, no matter who we play, and with a little luck we'll make it to the World Cup.

What memories do you have of your first world finals experience at Russia 2018?

There's no better feeling than representing your country at a major tournament. I've got some very happy memories of it and some less happy ones because we came close to reaching the second round. One thing that stands out for me is the 1-0 win over Costa Rica in our first match, and I was pleased to get a goal against Switzerland [a match Serbia lost 2-1]. The overall experience was amazing. The trip, the preparations, and that feeling before the first match... I hope I can experience it all again in the future.

Do you feel that you missed out at Russia 2018?

We've still got a bitter taste from that tournament. We had a really good side, and on paper I think we were the best team in the group behind Brazil. We made too many mistakes and didn't have much luck. We weren't able to fulfil all the potential we had.

https://www.fifa.com/news/mitrovic-shearer-drogba-diego-costa-inspired-me

WhiteJC

Aleksandar the Great: The stats behind Mitrovic's strong start to the Championship season

Fulham had started a very strong promotion campaign in the EFL Championship under new manager Marco Silva. But a series of unprecedented bad results have seen them slump and drop to fifth in the league. However, they are still in the playoffs spot and have one big reason to believe they will still be in the promotion mix.

Aleksandar Mitrovic has been in the midst of all this again with the Serbian scoring 10 goals and leading the goal scoring charts. During the 2019/20 season, he was the man who scored the most goals in the division and drove Fulham to a Premier League promotion. But after reaching the top flight, manager Scott Parker benched his number nine and Mitrovic failed to create an impact resulting in the Cottagers going down again after spending just one season in the Premier League.

With another promotion battle in front of them, new manager Silva has looked towards Mitrovic and the forward has repaid his trust with 13 goal contributions among 23 goals scored in 11 matches. The 27-year-old has come with all guns blazing and looks like Fulham's biggest threat in front of goal.

We take a look at his stats.

Mitrovic has covered a lot of ground playing from his defensive third to the opposition six-yard box. Quite surprisingly for a centre-forward, he has spent most of his time near the centre line in midfield -the red and orange zones in the above image shows that. Along with that, the Serbian has drifted towards both the wings time and again to provide width and support while others make runs into the box. Not just a predator in the box, Mitrovic has been really versatile during his time on the pitch, even dropping deep to push the ball forward to create attacks.

He has played passes throughout the pitch but the majority of them have been outside the opposition box in the attacking third and near the centre. Mitrovic has always looked for chances to create attacks and most of his passes have been of a progressive manner. Averaging 32 passes and 49 touches per 90, he has completed a total of 345 passes racking up an accuracy of 78%. Though he has not delivered any crosses, he has attempted to play in a lot of through balls into the box with xT as high as 0.2750 while managing to provide three assists as well.

He has taken loads of shots, most of them from the left side of the penalty area. He has been really precise in front of goal making the goalkeepers try hard every time with a shot accuracy of 50%. All of his 10 goals have come from inside the box and he has been averaging a goal every 96 minutes in the league, which roughly translates into a goal every match. His work rate has been tremendous and though he has spent most of his time near the centre, he has always been able to get back up into good goal scoring positions and is on a real hot spree of nagging up goals.

With an xG of 10.400, he leads the metric for the most xG accumulated by any player in the league and is way ahead of Ben Brereton in second position with 8.060. His total number of goals scored and xG has been on par and he has been absolutely dangerous with the ball at his feet.

With an expected goal contribution of 11.330, the highest in the league, he has clearly overperformed the metric with 13 direct goal contributions – 10 goals and three assists. Needless to say, he has been the most influential player among all and has made things happen for the Cottagers whenever required.

Mitrovic ranks second in the league with the most shots on target with 20, just one behind Viktor Gyokeres. He has been the most clinical player of all scoring 10 goals from 20 shots, boasting an extremely effective goal conversion rate.

A really hardworking player, he holds the second-most touches in the penalty box with 59, even after spending a lot of time away from the penalty box. He has rarely failed to be in the correct positions till now.

Aleksandar Mitrovic has arguably been the best player in the division with the most goals and goal contributions. He has rarely failed to rise up to the occasion and always been the go-to man for Fulham. He most certainly leads the ranks in being the Championship player of the season, though a lot of the season is yet to be played. But Craven Cottage needs Mitrovic to perform consistently like he has if they hope of getting back in the Premier League again.

https://eflanalysis.com/analysis/aleksandar-mitrovic-2021-22-fulham-data-stats

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney returns to Fulham training after almost a year out

Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney has finally returned to training after 10 months out due to a knee injury (via HammyEnd.com).

The 30-year-old attacking midfielder hasn't featured for the Cottagers since last December in a 1-1 draw against Newcastle United in the Premier League.

His long-awaited return will be a blessing for Fulham fans and manager Marco Silva – Fulham have had a shaky start to life back in the Championship, currently sitting 5th.

The Whites have been quite inconsistent over the opening 11 games and former Everton boss Silva will be hoping for a run of consistent wins before the top two get even further away and the pressure begins to mount.

Cairney to the rescue?
Cairney will be a useful asset for Silva to have at his disposal again. Last time Cairney had a campaign in the Championship he showed eight goals and three assists across the course of 39 games. He could provide the key Fulham are missing to break defences down at the moment.

The former Scotland international has led Fulham to two Championship promotions and we have no doubt he will be hoping to make that a third upon his return.

Fulham's next outing is against QPR next weekend. The R's have started the season in tremendous fashion and Mark Warburton's side sit just behind Fulham in 6th.

The international break has come at a good time for Cairney as it allows him a long, extended period of training with the squad before the next game.

https://the72.co.uk/252733/tom-cairney-returns-to-fulham-training-after-almost-a-year-out/

WhiteJC

Fulham hit road block in fresh contract talks with midfielder

Young midfielder Tyrese Francois has turned down a new contract with Fulham, according to The Athletic's Peter Rutzler.

Unlike his fellow team-mate Fabio Carvalho, who is yet to decide on his future at Craven Cottage, Francois has opted not to sign the current offer on the table, with his deal set to expire in the summer of 2022.

21-year-old Francois has been at Fulham since 2013 having moved from Australia and made his professional debut for the club in August 2019 in the Carabao Cup against Southampton.

For the most part since then the Aussie has been a part of Fulham's under-23 squad in the Premier League 2 competition but after making his Premier League debut in the final match of the 2020-21 season and impressing in pre-season, Francois was given his first league start when lining up against Middlesbrough on the opening day of the current campaign.

He's only made two further senior appearances though and in an under-23's match against Southampton last month he picked up an injury and is now sidelined.

Fulham now face a race against time to try and tie Francois down to a new deal as in January clubs who aren't based in England can approach him on a pre-contract arrangement.

The Verdict

Having put so much work into his development and giving him his first-team opportunity, Fulham will be desperate to keep Francois.

But he faces a lot of competition in the engine room, with the likes of Harrison Reed, Jean Michael Seri and now Nathaniel Chalobah featuring under Marco Silva.

It feels as though he won't get much game-time in the near future when he's fit and that may be playing on his mind when he decides on his future and the fact he could potentially get regular minutes elsewhere.

There's still time for an agreement to be ironed out but as of right now on Fulham's end things do not look too promising.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-hit-road-block-in-fresh-contract-talks-with-midfielder/

WhiteJC

STH Offer: Two Tickets For £10!

Fulham take on Cardiff City later this month, with tickets currently on sale to Season Ticket Holder, Members and supporters with a Booking History.

Prices for the midweek clash on Wednesday 20th October (7:45pm) are priced from £15 juniors and £30 adults. Members recieve a discount of up to £5 on their match ticket.
Exclusive 2021/22 Season Ticket Holder Offer

Our popular two tickets for just £10 offer returns for this match!

Season Ticket Holders are able to take advantage of this exclusive offer in the Johnny Haynes Stand, Hammersmith and Putney Ends. Fans can secure a maximum of two tickets each at the special price.

Fans can secure their seats now online, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (opt. 1) or - from Monday 11th October - in person from the Fulham Ticket Office. 

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/october/08/sth-offer--two-tickets-for--10-/

WhiteJC

Fulham: Fans react to picture of Tom Cairney in training

Fulham fans have been reacting to an image of Tom Cairney that has emerged on social media.

The Fulham captain has been out for the best part of a year through injury, with his last appearance for the club coming in December 2020 in their 1-1 draw with Newcastle United.

Cairney has certainly proved a valuable member of the side, with the 30-year-old Scot having racked up a total of 37 goals and 28 assists during his time at the club since signing from Blackburn Rovers in 2015.

And even though Fulham are doing well at the moment, sitting just two points off automatic promotion, you can't help but wonder how much better they could be if he'd have been available to strut his stuff.

It was no surprise then, that when the Fulham Twitter account put out a photo of him in training, there were plenty of fans that were delighted to see him getting back to full fitness:

"I was actually certain I would never see Tom play again"
@fabtweetr
"I was thinking we'd never see him again. Fantastic to see him training."
@StuartHultgren
"Oh here he is"
@UTF1879
"GET OUT OF MY DREAMS! GET INTO MY SQUAD"
@EmzyFFC
"Omds"
@CairneyhelpyouV
"Hallelujah"
@gerrypimm

Getting back to training is one thing, but hopefully it isn't too long before he is back to being ready enough to play once again.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/10/blogs/championship/fulham/fulham-fans-react-to-picture-of-tom-cairney-in-training/

WhiteJC

How is Aboubakar Kamara getting on ever since leaving Fulham?

Aboubakar Kamara's summer exit brought to an end an up-and-down four-year spell at Fulham.

The Mauritanian forward spent a fair bit of that time out of favour or away from the club on loan but also played an important role in two promotion-winning seasons.

Kamara was rarely a mainstay in the Fulham starting XI but his contributions in the final third in both the 2017/18 and 2019/20 campaigns helped the Craven Cottage outfit reach the Premier League.

He didn't last long following the arrival of Marco Silva, however, playing just once under the Portuguese boss before his departure in the final month of the summer window.

The 26-year-old signed for Greek top tier club Aris Saloniki for a fee in the region of £3.15 million – more than two million less than they paid for him from Amiens in 2017 as per Transfermarkt.

If Kamara left Fulham in pursuit of a more central role then that is exactly what he has got.

Since his debut in September, the forward has started all five of Aris' games in the Greek top flight – helping them take eight points from a possible 15.

He opened his account for his new club by scoring the winner in a 1-0 victory against Panathinaikos, linking up well with a teammate before sweeping a low cross in at the back post, but that remains his only goal for the club so far.

Aris are 11th in Super League 1 as things stand and will likely need their summer arrival to find his form in front of goal if they're to rise up the table further.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/how-is-aboubakar-kamara-getting-on-ever-since-leaving-fulham/

WhiteJC

Sanderson sees off Stoke

Ollie Sanderson grabbed a late winner as Fulham's under 23s made it two wins from two in the Premier League Cup by beating Stoke City 2-1 at Motspur Park this evening.

The young striker smashed home from close range with eight minutes to play, keeping his goal after an almighty scramble in the penalty area after Charlie Robinson had headed goalwards from a corner. Taye Ashby-Hammond then made a superb save to deny Tashan Oakley-Boothe as Steve Wigley's side clung onto three precious points.

Wigley's side had a different look about it tonight with Luciano D'Auria-Henry making only his second appearance of an injury-hit campaign and Jean-Pierre Tiehi handed his first start since rejoining the club earlier this month. Robinson and Devan Tanton stepped up from the under 18s with several regulars away on international duty.

Stoke made a bright start with their former Charlton winger Alfie Doughty looking particularly lively. The visitors forced a few early set-pieces but Taye Ashby-Hammond dealt easily with several crosses. Fulham registered their first attempt on goal when Imani Lanquedoc, operating on the left in place of Ollie O'Neill, pounced on some ponderous defending but his tame strike was comfortably saved by Nathan Broome.

The visitors continued to cause problems for Fulham at the back. Teenage striker Emre Tezgel, linked with a number of Premier League clubs already this summer, saw his dangerous run snuffed out by the home defence in the nick of time after he had darted in from the left wing. The home side's football largely lacked its usual fluency, and Sanderson came the closest to breaking the deadlock before the interval. D'Auria-Henry surged through the centre and located Lanquedoc before the ball fell kindly for Sanderson, whose left-footed drive drifted fractionally wide.

Fulham did take the lead a couple of minutes after half time. Tiehi's first goal of his second spell with the club was a peach: the French forward rifled an unstoppable effort into the top corner from about sixteen yards out. But Stoke hit back just before the half mark with a sensational strike of their own. Midfielder Adam Porter, fed by Demeaco Duhaney, powered a wonderful drive into the far corner to level matters.

It looked like it would remain that way until Sanderson showcased his poacher's instincts to ensure Fulham hold maximum points from their first two matches.

FULHAM UNDER 23s (4-2-3-1): T. Ashby-Hammond; Tanton, Odutayo, McAvoy, C. Robinson; D'Auria-Henry (Caton 65), Page (Bowie 60); Hilton, Sanderson, Lanquedoc; Tiehi (Wildbore 74). Sub (not used): Borto.

GOALS: Tiehi (48), Sanderson (82).

STOKE CITY UNDER 23s (4-2-3-1): Broome; Duhaney, Coates, Macari, Trialist; Sparrow, Campbell; Doughty, Oakley-Boothe, Porter; Tezgel. Subs: Hemfrey, Roney, Malone, Wright-Phillips, Taylor.

GOAL: Porter (57).

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/10/sanderson-sees-off-stoke/

WhiteJC

McKennie, Steffen, Robinson left off US roster for Panama

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Midfielder Weston McKennie, goalkeeper Zack Steffen and defender Antonee Robinson were left behind when the United States traveled to Panama on Friday for a World Cup qualifier.

McKennie has a sore right quadriceps after playing 90 minutes in the 2-0 victory over Jamaica on Thursday night. An MRI was negative.

Steffen plays for Manchester City and Robinson for Fulham, and they would have had to quarantine when returning to Britain next week because Panama is on the U.K.'s red list of nations with high rates of COVID-19.

The three players will head to Columbus, Ohio, where the U.S. team arrives Monday, a day after the game in Central America. The Americans play their third match of the FIFA window against Costa Rica at Lower.com Field on Oct. 13.

McKennie played 90 minutes in the U.S. qualifying opener, a 0-0 draw at El Salvador. He was held out of the 1-1 tie against Canada after violating team COVID-19 protocols, then was sent home before the 4-1 victory at Honduras.

Steffen has been displaced by New England's Matt Turner as the starting American goalkeeper in qualifying. Robinson started two matches and entered two as a substitute.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-10074401/McKennie-Steffen-Robinson-left-US-roster-Panama.html