News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mason Mount mistake costs England, AGAIN......

Started by Nick Bateman, September 08, 2021, 11:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Mason Mount, who walks into England without any evaluation or critique of any of his performances once again let England down.

His 94th minute BLUNDER was highlighted by the woman on the panel, while the Englishman & Irishman both sat silent.

ITV's commentary virtually celebrated Poland's goal. They really should not have exclusivety to screening England men's games, as their panel is very club/country orientated, Dixon often critical of Harry Kane whatever he does - even his goal received complaints.

But little was made of Mason Mount's "blind" clearance straight to a Pole, which eventually found it's way into England's net. The Chelsea Woman's manager highlighted this after the match, the point missed by the two dodo men on the panel.

Once again Mount's virtual invisibility and occasional mistakes are a hindrance to England. Some on here may feel one is overly judgemental on the Chelsea player (what is he?) but I am annoyed a good victory was stolen from England and ITV enjoyed our frustration. They are not fit to represent England in their poor coverage.

And Mount should never wear an England shirt again if we are to beat the likes of Brazil and Argentina in the coming World Cup.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Blawarmy

Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 08, 2021, 11:03:09 PM
Mason Mount, who walks into England without any evaluation or critique of any of his performances once again let England down.

His 94th minute BLUNDER was highlighted by the woman on the panel, while the Englishman & Irishman both sat silent.

ITV's commentary virtually celebrated Poland's goal. They really should not have exclusivety to screening England men's games, as their panel is very club/country orientated, Dixon often critical of Harry Kane whatever he does - even his goal received complaints.

But little was made of Mason Mount's "blind" clearance straight to a Pole, which eventually found it's way into England's net. The Chelsea Woman's manager highlighted this after the match, the point missed by the two dodo men on the panel.

Once again Mount's virtual invisibility and occasional mistakes are a hindrance to England. Some on here may feel one is overly judgemental on the Chelsea player (what is he?) but I am annoyed a good victory was stolen from England and ITV enjoyed our frustration. They are not fit to represent England in their poor coverage.

And Mount should never wear an England shirt again if we are to beat the likes of Brazil and Argentina in the coming World Cup.
Southgate getting pelters for making 0 subs. I forgot Mount was on the pitch tbh. I thought he was supposed to be creative? Maybe he is for Chelsea but I don't watch them so wouldn't know.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Blawarmy on September 09, 2021, 12:46:10 AM

Southgate getting pelters for making 0 subs. I forgot Mount was on the pitch tbh. I thought he was supposed to be creative? Maybe he is for Chelsea but I don't watch them so wouldn't know.

Well said. The Russian has bought the UK media so when Mount barely earns his place somebody else is blamed. Do you believe Mount even turned his back when the player he gave the ball to shot???

jarv

When I have seen Mount on tv, for Chelsea of course, I don't see what he brings to the game. Very ordinary player imo.

Jurassic Parker

I see it's computer room time at the asylum again

keithh

Afraid tiredness led to the goal; Poland used five substitutions (for various reasons), we put on zero.

Allegedly one of the deepest squads?

Our fullbacks play forward a lot so they're bound to get tired.

filham

Defensive blunders happen over the course of 90 minutes, the worst one in that match was by our keeper and we got away with it.
The reason for not winning was that we scored but a single goal and this was due to persisting with tactics that were showing no signs of creating goal scoring opportunities.

Blawarmy

Quote from: keithh on September 09, 2021, 04:50:07 PM
Afraid tiredness led to the goal; Poland used five substitutions (for various reasons), we put on zero.

Southgate game management then?

cottage expat

Quote from: Blawarmy on September 09, 2021, 05:45:24 PM
Quote from: keithh on September 09, 2021, 04:50:07 PM

Southgate game management then?

Yes. Saka, Lingard, and Henderson all warming up for quite a while but zero subs! When the final 3 Polish subs came on, it seemed only a matter of time before England got pushed back

MartyFFC

I actually thought Mount linked up really well with Grealish, albeit with little end product. And I agree the introduction of fresh legs with someone like Henderson might have been an idea to help see out the last 10 minutes, however we were in full control and I don't think a team should necessarily make substitutions for the sake of substitutions. That said, I also agree that Southgate is tactically inept.....

Whitestone

I'm really surprised that Southgate hasn't been held to account before now. Other managers have easily out manoeuvred him tactically. Not sure why the media seem to lay off him. We have a fantastic group of players who would have won the Euros with a more forward thinking dynamic manager.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Southgate is the issue, not the players. Doesn't have a clue.

RaySmith

Mason Mount is a count,
or a fount-
ain of footballing skill,
gushing from his feet.
Or should Southgate be called
to account, for 
crimes against
football formation
and tactical nous.

Opinions differ!

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Colton F.C. on October 11, 2021, 08:25:51 PM
Now nominated for Ballon D'Or

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mason-mount-ballon-dor-england-chelsea-b959917.html

It's like nominating a statue. Watch how little he does tonight yet still never gets criticism. Tuchel doesn't rate him and Chelsea are top of the league. 'Nuff said!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on October 12, 2021, 02:45:55 PM
Quote from: Colton F.C. on October 11, 2021, 08:25:51 PM
Now nominated for Ballon D'Or

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mason-mount-ballon-dor-england-chelsea-b959917.html

It's like nominating a statue. Watch how little he does tonight yet still never gets criticism. Tuchel doesn't rate him and Chelsea are top of the league. 'Nuff said!

Did your girlfriend dump you for Mason Mount ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.