more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 12/10/21...

Started by WhiteJC, October 12, 2021, 12:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

125 Years At Craven Cottage!

To mark 125 years since our first ever match at Craven Cottage, the Club held a special anniversary tour on Sunday.

On 10th October 1896, Fulham defeated Minerva 4-0 in our first ever appearance at our now iconic home.

To celebrate, our tour guide Ed Vanson dressed up in Victorian clothing for the special occasion, and even led the cheers at 4.12pm which marked exactly 125 years from when the first goal was scored!

Club Historian Alex White was able to provide the following regarding that historic afternoon: "After two years of preparation, it was time for the big kick-off at 'the commodious new ground of Fulham FC on the site of Craven Cottage, Crabtree Lane near Bishop's Park' in a Middlesex Senior Cup tie.

"The attendance was described as 'large' for this 3.30pm start when Fulham kicked-off from 'the Bridge End'. Both sides were at full strength and Fulham made the historic breakthrough three minutes before half-time.

"Goalkeeper McTeare saved Harry Johnson's shot but the ball only went back to Johnson who then passed to Jimmy Lindsey to score the first ever goal at Craven Cottage.

"Two goals from Abon Sermon and a further goal from Eddie Witheridge gave 'the Reds a fine win.'"

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/october/11/125-years-at-craven-cottage-/

WhiteJC

How is Lucas Piazon getting on ever since leaving Fulham?

When Lucas Piazon joined Fulham on loan from Chelsea in 2016, he would have been hoping to make a major impact for the club in the Championship.

However, despite showing glimpses of talent during his debut season at Craven Cottage, he was unable to inspire the London-based outfit to promotion as they suffered defeat in the play-offs at the hands of Reading.

Undeterred by this setback, Fulham dusted themselves down and went on to secure a return to the Premier League in 2018.

Piazon was directly involved in 11 goals for the Cottagers in all competitions in this particular campaign as he produced some real moments of quality at Championship level.

The Brazilian's loan spell at Fulham ended in 2018 and he has since gone on to feature for several other clubs.

Here, we take a look at how Piazon is getting on following his Fulham departure...

After scoring 12 goals and providing nine assists in 58 appearances for the Cottagers, Piazon returned to Stamford Bridge before Chelsea opted to loan him out to Chievo in 2019.

During his temporary spell with the Italian side, the 27-year-old struggled to make an impact in Serie A as he only featured on four occasions for I Gialloblu.

Piazon was allowed to leave Chelsea on loan for the seventh time of his career as he joined Rio Ave for the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons.

In his debut season with the Portuguese side, Piazon only managed to find the back of the net on two occasions in the Liga Bwin despite making 19 appearances in this division.

Having started the previous campaign at Rio Ave, the winger secured a permanent move during the January transfer window to Braga.

After making this particular switch, Piazon was directly involved in 12 goals in 30 appearances for his new club.

The winger has yet to deliver the goods on a consistent basis this season as he has failed to score a goal or register an assist for Braga in the seven appearances that he has made for the club in all competitions.

Piazon will be hoping to kick-start his 2021/22 campaign by producing a positive performance for his side in their clash with Moitense on Sunday.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/how-is-lucas-piazon-getting-on-ever-since-leaving-fulham/

WhiteJC

Mark Warburton update emerges ahead of QPR's clash with Fulham

Queens Park Rangers boss Mark Warburton has tested positive for Covid-19, but could be set to return to the dugout for Saturday's lunchtime kick-off against Fulham with his isolation period coming to an end before the clash at Craven Cottage.

The 59-year-old tested positive for the virus last week after feeling unwell – and continues to remain in isolation whilst assistant manager John Eustace takes charge of training ahead of their important clash with the Cottagers.

Warburton's men have started the season in a promising fashion, losing their consistency after the last international break but recovering well in their last two games against Birmingham City and Preston North End to climb back into the play-off zone.

Currently, they sit in sixth place, one point above seven-placed Huddersfield Town and just four points away from the top two, as they look to cement their place as firm promotion candidates throughout the 2021/22 campaign.

This weekend's opponents Fulham also struggled at times after the previous international interval, but didn't finish their recent set of games well and fell to a humiliating 4-1 defeat to Coventry City in their last league match.

The two sides' promotion ambitions and their local rivalry sets up what looks set to be a mouth-watering tie in west London, with a win for either side boosting their Premier League aspirations ten-fold.

Mark Warburton is set to return to the dugout in time for this game though, saying to the club's media team on his current condition: "I tested positive after feeling unwell.

"Thankfully, I am double-jabbed and now appear to be over the worst of it.

"My time off last week coincided with the players having a pre-agreed few days off going into the international break.

"This week will see John Eustace prepare the squad for Saturday's game at Fulham. I have been in regular contact with John and will continue to be so until I resume my normal duties at the end of the week."

The Verdict:

Although Mark Warburton's Covid diagnosis is a blow and you can wish him nothing but the very in his recovery from the virus, they are in a safe pair of hands under John Eustace who is highly-rated at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium and previously looked set to set to join Swansea City as head coach in the summer.

That move didn't materialise in the end, but the Swans' loss is QPR's gain and the R's couldn't have hoped for anyone better to be in charge in the absence of Warburton ahead of what looks set to be a crucial game for them, with their place on the top six on the line.

It's still early days in the season, but fully establishing themselves as top-six candidates who are there to stay throughout the season will only give them more confidence and could help to avoid final-day heartbreak with play-off places often being decided in a dramatic fashion.

Thankfully for the rest of the squad, they didn't seem to be in contact with Warburton at the time he contracted the virus so there doesn't seem to have seen a Covid outbreak across the whole camp, the last thing they needed ahead of an important tie.

And most importantly, Mark Warburton seems to be on the mend. Having him back in the dugout would be a huge boost, so a return to full fitness for the manager will be at the top of their wishlist this week.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/mark-warburton-update-emerges-ahead-of-qprs-clash-with-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham score Asiabet33 as Asian betting partner

Fulham Football Club is pleased to announce a partnership with Asiabet33 as our official Asian betting partner for the remainder of the 2021/2022 season.

Established in 2017, Asiabet33 is a pioneer for gaming technology in Asia. The organisation's cutting-edge technological framework has been adopted by various industry players in the market across the continent. Asiabet33 and its subsidiaries currently operate in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, and Japan with expansion plans in place for the rest of Asia.

"Asiabet33 is thrilled to be partnered with Fulham Football Club's to service the Asian market. This partnership is a monumental opportunity for us to grow from strength to strength as a prominent player in the Asian gaming technology industry," said Leo Li, Managing Director and Co-Founder of Asiabet33. "Working with Fulham provides us with the necessary resources to hone the skill sets of our team members and deliver the best possible experience for our clients."

Jon Don-Carolis, Fulham FC Sales Director, said:
"We are delighted to have Asiabet33 on board as our betting partner in the Asian region and look forward to working with them further to develop our global fanbase."

https://5star.media/2021/10/11/fulham-score-asiabet33-as-asian-betting-partner/

WhiteJC

Southampton: Saints eye January move for Fabio Carvalho

Southampton are interested a January move for Fulham star Fabio Carvalho who has yet to sign a new contract with the Championship side.

The 19-year-old's contract is set to expire at the end of the season and it does not look like he will sign a new deal with Fulham.

If that is the case, Southampton could bring him in during the January transfer window for cheap as Fulham will want to receive some sort of compensation for him.

This report comes from teamtalk.com, and Fulham are trying to resign the youngster but clubs are lurking. Southampton could be an appealing landing spot for the player as they have shown that age does not matter. If you are good enough you are going to play. Just look at Livramento.

The attacking midfielder has 3 goals and an assist in the championship this season and that has come in just 5 appearances. He is clearly a very talented player and the Saints would love to add a little more depth to their attacking ranks.

Southampton's transfer strategy has become quite clear over the past six months and that is to buy young talent for cheap in hopes of developing them into stars.

This is a risky strategy but if they get it right it means a healthy flow of cash in the future and the team can build from there.

I still believe they will be safe this year from relegation easily but there will be some stressful moments with such a young squad. The next 5 or so matches are the most important stretch so far this year and they need to start winning matches and collecting points.

https://saintsmarching.com/2021/10/11/southampton-saints-eye-january-move-fabio-carvalho/

WhiteJC

Kevin McDonald given Dundee career revival chance as he kickstarts comeback after kidney transplant

McDonald hasn't played senior football in more than a year but he's training with his boyhood club to rebuild fitness.

Kevin McDonald is training with boyhood club Dundee as he looks to get back playing football after a kidney transplant.

The midfielder most recently played for Fulham but missed the entirety of last season at Craven Cottage.

In March this year, he lifted the lid on his health problems, announcing he would undergo a kidney transplant in April.

McDonald's brother Fraser donated his kidney so the surgery could take place and after a period of recuperation, he was let go by Fulham in the summer.

The Courier are now reporting the 32-year-old has returned to Dundee in a bid to get it back off the ground.

In June, he paid an emotional tribute to his brother and the hospital staff who took care of him as he recovered from a complicated procedure.

He wrote on Instagram: "So after longer than expected in hospital following my kidney transplant; it's been great to spend the past couple of weeks at home recovering and feeling better each day building up my fitness.

"I would like to give a huge thanks to everyone involved in my care at Guys' Hospital, I really can't thank them enough.

"A special thanks to my surgeon Prof Mamode who went above and beyond to ensure I had the best possible care at all times.

"And finally to the unsung hero of this all my brother Fraser, there are literally no words in this world to describe how grateful I am for this unbelievable gesture. You have given me a gift that I can never repay. I am forever thankful, I love you."

It's reported the deal is strictly to build fitness with no plans to sign McDonald, who would have been earning a Premier League salary at Fulham.

McDonald's last appearance came shortly after football returned from the pandemic in June last year. At his peak, he was a full Scotland international, earning five caps under Alex McLeish.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/kevin-mcdonald-given-dundee-career-25187537

WhiteJC

Gallen: QPR look like promotion contenders

Kevin Gallen believes QPR's performances so far this season suggest they are genuine promotion contenders.

They went into the international break with a healthy 18 points, although their defending has been a cause for some concern.

"I do think QPR have got a real good chance of being in the top six," said Gallen, but he added that this weekend's derby against Fulham will be an important test of Rangers' credentials.

"I think we need to tighten up at the back. That's quite a big thing because we have got goals in the team – we're always going to score.

"The performances have been there. If you're consistently putting in performances then you'll win more than you lose.

"I think we're well in with a good chance of being in the top six."

Former Rangers striker Gallen was joined by West London Sport's Ian McCullough and Ben Kosky.

They also discussed the Fulham game, keeper Seny Dieng's form and QPR's new training ground.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/gallen-qpr-look-like-promotion-contenders-but-fulham-game-is-a-big-test