https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: WBA v Brum

Started by SP, October 15, 2021, 09:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

How is this game still 0-0?

Fernhurst

What a lot of dross, awful game. If we ever get our first team on the park we would beat both these teams put together.

Bloody hell WBA score a worldie 1-0 75 th min
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Whitestone

Great finish from Karlan Grant. Cut in from the left and dispatched a powerful and accurate shot. Did exactly what we need Cavaleiro to do.

Caedal

It's amazing that WBA win so many games. They are not a good team to watch, just grind out results.

Ruislip White

Quote from: Caedal on October 15, 2021, 09:49:29 PM
It's amazing that WBA win so many games. They are not a good team to watch, just grind out results.
Championship winning quality.  Play poorly but grind out results.  They keep doing it.

Fernhurst

WBA win 1-0 and go back to the top of the league.

SP

Didn't see the whole game but was there one player even close to Premiership level playing?

Fernhurst

Don't wanna be disrespectful but NO

filham

Quote from: Ruislip White on October 15, 2021, 09:55:05 PM
Quote from: Caedal on October 15, 2021, 09:49:29 PM
Championship winning quality.  Play poorly but grind out results.  They keep doing it.
Players that score winning goals are worth their weight in gold.

FFC1987

Got all the hallmarks of a competent top 2 side. Bad news for us unfortunately.

Jules

We need to put together a run of wins. Get our form back and quickly. Five points doesn't seem like much but that gap will grow if we continue our inconsistent form. The likes of WBA and Bmth will keep clean sheets and grind out 1-0 wins despite not always playing well. That's what wins promotion in this league

RaySmith

Quote from: Jules on October 16, 2021, 07:14:06 AM
We need to put together a run of wins. Get our form back and quickly. Five points doesn't seem like much but that gap will grow if we continue our inconsistent form. The likes of WBA and Bmth will keep clean sheets and grind out 1-0 wins despite not always playing well. That's what wins promotion in this league

Yes, but it's better than boring Parkerball isn't it?
Sorry, couldn't resist.

You're right - we need to marry our free flowing, high scoring style at our best, with some consistency.
But early days yet - we have the manager and  players to do this.

Jules

Quote from: RaySmith on October 16, 2021, 07:39:29 AM
Quote from: Jules on October 16, 2021, 07:14:06 AM

Yes, but it's better than boring Parkerball isn't it?
Sorry, couldn't resist.

You're right - we need to marry our free flowing, high scoring style at our best, with some consistency.
But early days yet - we have the manager and  players to do this.
Haha yes I hated Parkerball don't get me wrong. But, I would like us to be much more solid than we have been recently. I agree there is a lot of football to be played yet, but the next few games are crucial to our season.

bog

From what I saw they were poor....but they won. Birmingham missed two clear openings at 0-0. Grr.  I have always rated that Karlan Grant. 

092.gif

filham

Lets not kid ourselves, right now our free flowing football is not there, our midfield is being outplayed and our attack is not scoring sufficient goals.
Let us hope that today Silva will get the team back to form with Mitro and Wilson tearing the Rangers defense to pieces.

SP

Quote from: filham on October 16, 2021, 10:10:11 AM

Let us hope that today Silva will get the team back to form with Mitro and Wilson tearing the Rangers defense to pieces.

You called that one right mate, let's hope for more of the same on Wednesday.