https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It has to be said about Mitrovic.

Started by colinwhite, October 17, 2021, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plodder

Quote from: Milo on October 17, 2021, 12:25:49 PM
Not sure he's had a fair crack at PL.
He scored 10 goals in that one season we were struggling, and then was never played by Parker.

Not sure that's enough for an analysis personally.
I agree that if you put Mitrovic up front for eg Chelsea he scores close to 20 goals a season.

I don't think "Never played by Parker" reflects the facts accurately.  Mitrovic made 13 full appearances, with another 14 as substitute, 3 goals scored.  In my opinion (and I know others disagree), Mitrovic was badly out of sorts, and his struggles were exacerbated by the much better quality of defenders in the Premier League. We'll almost certainly never know, but I don't think he would be scoring anywhere near 20 goals a season for Chelsea.  If any Chelsea manager had thought there was even a slim chance of that, they would have snapped him up at some time in the last couple of years.

If we go up, maybe it will be different next year and he'll have a superb season in the Premier League  - let's hope so.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: ffcthereligion on October 17, 2021, 04:30:46 PM
He is proven at premier league level. There is no debate about that. He scored 11 goals for us in the shambles 18/19 season. Parker absolutely ruined him last season and chose to play Ivan cavalerio who is one the worst players in our squad this year as a lone striker at PL level. Says it all. He would walk into a Southampton easily.

The mitro haters need to give it a rest

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

colinwhite

One of the main points of the OP was that Parker failed not just to get the best out of Mitro but to help him in his develpoment into becoming abetter player. the player that we have seen (and I m not talking about his goals) in the last 10 or so games .

Twig

Quote from: WindyCity on October 17, 2021, 04:49:09 PM
Quote from: Milo on October 17, 2021, 12:25:49 PM
Not sure he's had a fair crack at PL.
He scored 10 goals in that one season we were struggling, and then was never played by Parker.
Not sure that's enough for an analysis personally.
I agree that if you put Mitrovic up front for eg Chelsea he scores close to 20 goals a season.

Yeah, I think the jury's still out on Mitro's usefulness at PL level.  I would like to think that he can be a force.  Great at Champ level and for his country.  He may need some more supportive players alongside him to shine at PL level?

He had a decent 18/19 season and last season Parker handled him poorly. I don't think he's a proven Prem level striker but neither do I think anyone can say he's not good enough for that level. Basically the jury's out.

He needs a settled season (hopefully next season) playing the way Silva has got him going right now. If he's good enough he'll thrive.

YankeeJim

Last years team had no options in the attack. Mitro needs service and he got absolutely none (no one did). If the only weapon you have is Mitro and the defense knows it, you have no hope of generating any sort of goal threat since all they have to do is deny him the ball. Now, with Wilson, there is an alternative. Plus, this management team seems ready to try different things which is something Parker was incapable of. To me, a capable manger puts his team out there with options. last year's team played ticky-tach across the back and was no threat to score. Last year was the first time I've found Fulham boring. In the past, there was always something someone who could make a difference. Parker ball was excruciatingly boring to the point where I skipped matches several times, something that I've never done in the past.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.