watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bad result for Fulham

Started by The Swan, October 19, 2021, 09:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

I don't think it's a bad result for Fulham, it is of course a good result for both Bournemouth & Boscombe.
I don't get the obsession of worrying about what other teams do, it is what Fulham do is that counts. If we drop points all over the shop we don't deserve to go up anyway because we are showing we are not good enough.
So it is down to us to do what Bournemouth are doing quite successfully is to make them selves difficult to score against and make themselves difficult to beat. Whereas Fulham are not, so it is down to us to put a good winning run together and don't concern yourselves with what Bournemouth are doing, that sort of thing is for serial gossips.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H3Matt

I've gotten into the annoying habit of keeping an eyes on their results and letting the fact they're doing well get me down. I still don't rate Parker as a manager. I think he's just got a better squad to work with.

Annoying to see them up there and (so far) not becoming victim to the manager of the month curse. I think we've got a fair chance of top 2 but we need to concentrate on getting our own points rather than looking at who Bournemouth beat and who WBA scored against in the dying seconds.

Rupert

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 20, 2021, 03:03:28 PM

There was a certain ship that people were all aboard on after about three games, I seem to recall.

It struck a rock and sank. Mind you, if we carry on putting on decent performances and getting results, I half expect it to reappear, like the Flying Dutchman. I really hope it does not.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FFC1987

Someone posted analysis in a thread about how everyone is doing comparatively to previous seasons. What's clear for me is, we're doing ok, Bournemouth doing over the odds. Unless Bournemouth are going to take the crown of the best points return team ever in championship (or close to it anyway) they will likely, falter at some point in form. It's still 5 points and performances wise, they've just about earned some draws from defeats and wins from marginal performances, but ultimately, they grinded it out. I personally don't think it'll continue forever. That said, its more about how we deal with it now. We've had a bad blip already. We can't afford too many more. (I don't mean a bad result or two, I mean a spell between say 4-6 games where we lose and draw a handful).