more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri

Started by 70sPimlico, October 17, 2021, 08:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

That pass.

When he walks into training tomorrow morning the players applaud him in.

Its that good

bog

The Maestro would have been proud of that one.  :Haynes The Maestro:

092.gif

HV71

The pass was amazing - but also watch Harry ' s run which helps create space

Fernhurst

Saw some wonderful real class yesterday, starting in the tunnel with our players greeting StefJo. Mitro's turn and shot for the opener and then Seri's sumptuous pass to BDR for the third goal a real throwback to a different time but same place.

With players this good it was a bit of a blow to hear Nigel Pearson describe Bournemouth as "Champions"
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Milo

Long season ahead Fernhurst. However we've sadly seen some inconsistency from our team already this year which isn't really an automatic promotion trait for a squad.

Finnans Right Peg

What I loved about the pass was when bobby scored Harrison reed ran right for Seri as he know how good a pass that was

Bill2

Was my MOTM, he had a great game. Long may it continue.

bobby01

The pass up the right for Dennis to cross for Mitro first wasn't to shabby either.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Jim©

The guy is so classy and calm, I really am enjoying watching him.
One error in 90 mins and when he made it he went tearing off after the ball like it was a £50 note blowing down the street.

JimmyConway

Should he not be class in this division? Would be a major worry if he was not influential in Championship.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

According to the Rangers Fan site three of their players managed to miss the ball!

bencher

Thank G-d BDR made no mistake with his finish (done very nicely), as it would have been almost criminal for that pass not to assist a goal.

MartyFFC

He's head and shoulders the best ball-playing midfield player in the division

Twig

Quote from: MartyFFC on October 18, 2021, 12:30:12 PM

Do you think he could dovetail with Cairney (if fit)?  Two players capable of such defence splitting passes and blessed with great football brains has the potential to destroy other sides in this division.

General

Quote from: Twig on October 18, 2021, 04:53:50 PM

Do you think he could dovetail with Cairney (if fit)?  Two players capable of such defence splitting passes and blessed with great football brains has the potential to destroy other sides in this division.

I think we should hold on him dovetailing with cairney. Cairney is currently on form and fitness arguably our fourth choice behind carvalho, Reed and seri.  And realistically our style with reed, carvalho and seri was at times unplayable... my memory of cairney was a capable, goalscoring midfielder who did get injured but also needed more time on the ball and could slow the game down far too often. Something which isn't an issue with seri, reed and carvalho in the lineup.

Twig

Quote from: General on October 18, 2021, 05:31:31 PM

I think we should hold on him dovetailing with cairney. Cairney is currently on form and fitness arguably our fourth choice behind carvalho, Reed and seri.  And realistically our style with reed, carvalho and seri was at times unplayable... my memory of cairney was a capable, goalscoring midfielder who did get injured but also needed more time on the ball and could slow the game down far too often. Something which isn't an issue with seri, reed and carvalho in the lineup.

Hmmm I've never agreed with the "slows the game down" point of view. His ability to pick a forward pass is what creates the opportunities for others to then get forward quickly. As to his position in the pecking order he's clearly different to Reed but I agree he potentially faces completion from Carvalho.

MartyFFC

I like the idea of Reed, Cairney and Seri in the middle; with Mitro, Carvalho and Wilson as the front 3. Reed would certainly have to put a shift in but as we've seen, he's more than capable of doing so.....

cmg

Every Seri needs a Reed.

Twig

Quote from: MartyFFC on October 18, 2021, 05:43:41 PM

I like the idea of Reed, Cairney and Seri in the middle; with Mitro, Carvalho and Wilson as the front 3. Reed would certainly have to put a shift in but as we've seen, he's more than capable of doing so.....

That's the centre midfield I was thinking of. And at first glance that also looks a potent strike force but, and it's a big but, that line up would surely push Wilson and Carv out wide. Which does not seem to be their most effective position.

Whitesideup

Twig - I suspect this may be a bit of a dilemma. I see both as playmakers, ie performing the same role. In the premier it didn't work with both of them in the same side. If I remember correctly Ranieri moved Cearney to right-midfield/wing and that didn't work either. So this will be something for the Silva to work on and hopefully sort as a fit Cearney is a tremendous player in the Championship.  And I agree with MartyFFC that Seri at the moment is head and shoulders above any other midfielder in the division .. that I've seen in any case.