Seri

Started by 70sPimlico, October 17, 2021, 08:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 18, 2021, 08:09:53 PM
Quote from: Twig on October 18, 2021, 04:53:50 PM
Quote from: MartyFFC on October 18, 2021, 12:30:12 PM
He's head and shoulders the best ball-playing midfield player in the division

Do you think he could dovetail with Cairney (if fit)?  Two players capable of such defence splitting passes and blessed with great football brains has the potential to destroy other sides in this division.
Twig - I suspect this may be a bit of a dilemma. I see both as playmakers, ie performing the same role. In the premier it didn't work with both of them in the same side. If I remember correctly Ranieri moved Cearney to right-midfield/wing and that didn't work either. So this will be something for the Silva to work on and hopefully sort as a fit Cearney is a tremendous player in the Championship.  And I agree with MartyFFC that Seri at the moment is head and shoulders above any other midfielder in the division .. that I've seen in any case.

One thing I think we can all agree, it's a fantastic conundrum to have!

Whitesideup

Quote from: Twig on October 18, 2021, 08:22:18 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on October 18, 2021, 08:09:53 PM
Quote from: Twig on October 18, 2021, 04:53:50 PM
Quote from: MartyFFC on October 18, 2021, 12:30:12 PM
He's head and shoulders the best ball-playing midfield player in the division

Do you think he could dovetail with Cairney (if fit)?  Two players capable of such defence splitting passes and blessed with great football brains has the potential to destroy other sides in this division.
Twig - I suspect this may be a bit of a dilemma. I see both as playmakers, ie performing the same role. In the premier it didn't work with both of them in the same side. If I remember correctly Ranieri moved Cearney to right-midfield/wing and that didn't work either. So this will be something for the Silva to work on and hopefully sort as a fit Cearney is a tremendous player in the Championship.  And I agree with MartyFFC that Seri at the moment is head and shoulders above any other midfielder in the division .. that I've seen in any case.

One thing I think we can all agree, it's a fantastic conundrum to have!
And potentially a great alternative option when Seri is away on African Cup duties ???

perry geyton

Reed, Seri & Cairney could well be the ultimate midfield

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on October 19, 2021, 12:49:36 AM
Reed, Seri & Cairney could well be the ultimate midfield

On paper it's mouthwatering but how do we then fit in Wilson and Carvalho? Talk about an embarrassment of riches!

FulhamStu

Chalobah should really be playing in a championship side as well.

AnotherOldgit

I seem to recall that when Seri first appeared it seemed pretty clear that playing both him and Cairney in midfield didn't work out too well?

Sting of the North

Quote from: AnotherOldgit on October 19, 2021, 10:43:57 AM
I seem to recall that when Seri first appeared it seemed pretty clear that playing both him and Cairney in midfield didn't work out too well?

There were occasions that season in which we looked great with them both playing together. At other times we looked to be lacking too much defensively with them both, and opted to bring in a centre back in Chambers instead to kick things in the middle of the park. In the Championship I am sure that the positives with having the two best ball playing midfielders in the division playing together will far outweigh the negatives. It could also relieve Reed from trying to do too much with the ball and concentrate instead on things that he is better at (like running around and pressing and being an easy passing option when needed).

spoonffc

MITRO
CAV                      WILSON
TC
REED SERI
ROBINSON TOSIN REAM TETE
RODAK

spoonffc

Potentially a little light weight looking at it actually

Bassey the warrior

With Seri and Cairney the problem is neither will make runs beyond the striker, unless Cairney they adapt their game.

Maidstone Lee

Have just listened to Seri's interview on the Fulham website, he comes across very well and speaks good English. Is very much enjoying his football and is really appreciative of the fans backing him. Has been one of my players of the season so far, has almost been like a new signing. Hope he stays next season.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

General

Quote from: spoonffc on October 19, 2021, 11:53:42 AM
MITRO
TC
REED SERI
ROBINSON TOSIN REAM TETE
RODAK

CAV? wahh?.. over carvalho, neeskenz and BDR? Must be unwell. What a weird thought.

Fernhurst

Keep thinking of that pass to BDR for the third goal and it makes me shiver. Nearest thing to Johnny Haynes since............ Johnny Haynes.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Twig

Quote from: FulhamStu on October 19, 2021, 08:50:01 AM
Chalobah should really be playing in a championship side as well.

To be honest I don't think he's shown enough yet to justify a starting place. Perhaps needs to come off the bench a couple of times and hopefully show just what he can contribute.

General

Just heard him speak and think it's the first time? He's had a video interview since joining us.. he seems really positive about the season, being at the club, the fans and squad and seems genuinely ambitious. Great to finally see content like that and be able to get a greater appreciation of what he's like as a player and person.

He's doing really well so far this season and I hope it continues and then if we get into the premiership it boosts his confidence even more. His raw ability is clearly there.. just needs confidence and perhaps a bit of support from fans, which he's only really just starting to get.

filham

I have always felt that there was never room for both Cairney and Seri in the same mid field triangle as it would lack physical strength and pace. Serii has shown good tackling ability in recent games and I am starting to think maybe he could perform with Cairney.
However right now our best midfield would clearly be Seri/Reed/Carvalho with Cairney providing cover for injury or tiredness.

spoonffc

Quote from: General on October 19, 2021, 01:27:00 PM
Quote from: spoonffc on October 19, 2021, 11:53:42 AM
MITRO
TC
REED SERI
ROBINSON TOSIN REAM TETE
RODAK

Sorry CARV WAS MEANT

CAV? wahh?.. over carvalho, neeskenz and BDR? Must be unwell. What a weird thought.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 19, 2021, 01:43:56 PM
Keep thinking of that pass to BDR for the third goal and it makes me shiver. Nearest thing to Johnny Haynes since............ Johnny Haynes.

He played that same pass again for Wilson who should have scored.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: spoonffc on October 19, 2021, 11:54:33 AM
Potentially a little light weight looking at it actually

Very light with an average height of 4 foot and a fag paper. Not even the best 11.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

itombomb

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 20, 2021, 08:37:39 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on October 19, 2021, 01:43:56 PM

He played that same pass again for Wilson who should have scored.
And there was another brilliant one in behind a bit wider for BDR who was put in one on one with the keeper (when he tried to flick it but missed the connection).

He's a very good footballer.