watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bad result for Fulham

Started by The Swan, October 19, 2021, 09:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Stoke lost at home for the first this season to Bournemouth .
Hopefully we can win at home tomorrow and close the gap.
The Swan

NJFulham

Quote from: The Swan on October 19, 2021, 09:50:38 PM
Stoke lost at home for the first this season to Bournemouth .
Hopefully we can win at home tomorrow and close the gap.
Bournemouth is going to lose at some point. We will see how they react.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Ruislip White

They played  OK, but just had a different level of intensity and desire to grind out a result.  Similar to what I keep seeing with West Brom.  I've yet to see us turn a bad performance into a win or even a draw.  Heads go down any we seem to lose any game where we're not quite at the races.
Championship winning teams can play badly at times and scrape results.  This is why I think we'll struggle for automatic promotion. 

Andy S

Come on now injuries and suspensions play a part as well. There are so many factors and nothing is decided for months yet

Ruislip White

Would just love us nick one we don't deserve. 

copthornemike

Well shows Scott is a good manager. At the moment Bournemouth are showing excellent consistency unlike ourselves!
Still a long way to go and plenty to play for.

ChesterTheTabby

I have seen nothing to suggest Bournemouth will falter. Unbeaten after 15 games - already making a case that 1 of 2 auto positions are gone, and to be fair they are ostensibly the best in the league based on points to date.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Somerset Fulham

Stop flapping people.

If we concentrate on winning our games then we'll be fine.

General

Have to admit reading the Stoke board they don't seem to think they played particularly well, they seem to be frustrated at their manager for making simple mistakes, and whilst they admit Bournemouth and us are the better teams they faced, some think it should have been a draw and that unlike the game against us they could've and arguably shouldve got something.

I didn't watch the game though, but it was much more they did poorly instead of Bournemouth were incredible.

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 19, 2021, 10:23:29 PM
I have seen nothing to suggest Bournemouth will falter. Unbeaten after 15 games - already making a case that 1 of 2 auto positions are gone, and to be fair they are ostensibly the best in the league based on points to date.
Good job teams don't get promoted after 14 games then, maybe look at history and the difficulty teams like Leeds and Brentford have had in getting over the line.....there is a very long way to go

Enfield

The goal was a goalkeepers error.

Jim©

Quote from: Ruislip White on October 19, 2021, 10:03:53 PM
They played  OK, but just had a different level of intensity and desire to grind out a result.  Similar to what I keep seeing with West Brom.  I've yet to see us turn a bad performance into a win or even a draw.  Heads go down any we seem to lose any game where we're not quite at the races.
Championship winning teams can play badly at times and scrape results.  This is why I think we'll struggle for automatic promotion. 

The issue here is that West Brom seem (I've watched them 4 times) to play awful football but come away with the points. Bournemouth from what i've seen and read (and looking at expected goals etc) are not playing well but scraping through. We look bar the Blackpool and Coventry games so much better than opponents that we're likely to score a load each time. You can't say we never look like winning any game we're not playing well in, as it's only happened twice IMO. Wheareas W Brom & B'mouth are playing badly more often than not.
I know which way round I'd prefer things to be going.

mrmicawbers

Appreciate Parkers the manager but the Bournemouth banters bloody boring.

filham

So Bournmouth are eight points ahead of us right now. Wish the positions were reversed but we are no longer favourites for promotion which is a weight of our shoulders.

FFC1987

I don't think that's a bad result to be honest. A top two side would be needing to probably pick up points in those sort of games. It's more about what we do and how many games we win. That said, 'bad results' for us are Reading, Blackpool, Coventry and Bristol.

No point looking at what others are doing unless we produce ourselves consistently.

jarv

Bournemouth haave some decent premier players so expect them to continue. Fulham dropped the ball a couple of times. I am confident they will come to terms with that and push on. Like horse racing, being the pace setter often does not win the race.  A long way to go.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Come on you lot don't you think that you would be crowing if you had a record like Bournemouth's to date?
May be they have been lucky sometimes but any team with those points on the board at this stage of the season have reason to be confident.
The sickening thing is that we have got to catch them before we can overhaul them.

FFC1987

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on October 20, 2021, 02:06:28 PM
Come on you lot don't you think that you would be crowing if you had a record like Bournemouth's to date?
May be they have been lucky sometimes but any team with those points on the board at this stage of the season have reason to be confident.
The sickening thing is that we have got to catch them before we can overhaul them.

I'd hazard a guess the same negative posters towards Bournemouth are the same ones riding a certain bus not long ago......

H4usuallysitting

Long way to go.... January is a benchmark....wait until other team's start having injuries....our team/squad is still bedding in

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on October 20, 2021, 02:06:28 PM

There was a certain ship that people were all aboard on after about three games, I seem to recall.