watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loft for Words

Started by Motspur Park, October 17, 2021, 12:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motspur Park

Just had a quick look at their offerings and quite mild compared to what it used to be. 14 page thread about us and around pages 11 or 12, there are 2 comments about them getting 'bummed in the gob' by us. That's a new one on me, but reading on, there is one of the funniest responses I have read for some time, questioning the meaning of that very phrase. Turns out I am probably not the only one who thought it was a weird saying.

Can't post the content of what was said as it would offend many but I found it hilarious.

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Woolly Mammoth

We know how they must feel, all of them may not agree but they were beaten by a very good Fulham side today. Although I will add that we are not the finished article and there will be tougher matches to come. I just hope this is the beginning of a winning run as we will need a good run at some stage and the sooner the better.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Perhaps this is what we should have been doing against Reading and Coventry. Novel, but effective.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

Well I think the meaning of the term could be classed as pretty graphic.... :022: :005:

092.gif

HillingdonFFC

Almost spat my coffee out when one said 4-1 flattered us??🤣. They were absolutely battered, could've been out of sight at halftime

Jules

Indeed we did batter them and could and should have had more goals. I know QPRs style is to dictate the play slowly and retain possession, but it surprised me that they didn't change that approach and look at our games where we have been caused problems when we get pressed and harried high up the pitch. Instead they sat off us and it was a very straightforward win for us.

Shredhead

Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

tslyon

RaySmith

But, although we should have been well in front after the first half, if they'd scored another in their period of threat in the second half, things might have been a lot different.

Though Rodak didn't have much to do, so a good defensive display by us overall, as well as attacking obviously, and we were  well deserving of our win.

SP

Loved this quote:

'No other ground comes close and is more like a cricket crowd than anything where bar the away fans nobody really cares who wins and just there for the day out'

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SP on October 19, 2021, 08:08:45 PM
Loved this quote:

'No other ground comes close and is more like a cricket crowd than anything where bar the away fans nobody really cares who wins and just there for the day out'

He makes a salient point.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 19, 2021, 08:25:22 PM
Quote from: SP on October 19, 2021, 08:08:45 PM
Loved this quote:

He makes a salient point.

Except it's not true.