more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri interview

Started by FFCBadger, October 19, 2021, 07:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCBadger

Loved it!!
So much passion, energy and drive I wasn't expecting. You watch most player interviews and they're just predictable and boring?! Loved that he likes his chant but doesn't know all the words 😅

colham

Just watched it on YouTube https://youtu.be/_xMF7yaBQbw

Brilliant.  Says we're aiming to be champions.  Seems very driven.

Interesting to hear that he wanted to go to Galatasaray, but didn't want to go out to Bordeaux. 

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Impressed with his English given that he hardly spoke any when he got here. The ambition to be champions struck me too.

grandad

Very impressive interview. Love his passion & wanting us to be champions.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Finnans Right Peg

JEEVES

filham

There has never been any doubt that Seri has natural quality in his play, it is now so good to hear him say with enthusiasm
that he really wants to play for Fulham.
If only we could have the same commitment from Carvalho we could have a promotion winning midfield of Reed/Seri/Carvalho.

Southcoastffc

Impressive. Sensible, intelligent, serious determination.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bassey the warrior

Great interview. Love that he's fast becoming a fan favourite, we're lucky to have him, especially at this level.

jayffc

Comes across so sincerely and super sweet.

To think some were so vile about him on here regardless of how his performances were

Milo

Seriously had given up hope of him coming good after many years of false hope in pre seasons etc.

Looks to be finally getting into his stride.

Up until now I was putting that down to Silva but he seems to make out he wanted to fight for his place last season? So who shipped him out, Parker? Hmm.. only one side of the story I guess.. as much as I'd like to blame Parker for something else.

I feel like there's more to come. More combative in midfield, making more tackles where it matters. Then getting up and playing more Haynes like passes out to the wing. You get a real sense with Seri that he can offer more than he is, he's got more potential.

Anyway, interesting interview. Must be a likeable player, clearly intelligent. Quietly ambitious and has high standards.

colinwhite

Said it straight. We want to be champions!!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: jayffc on October 20, 2021, 12:55:50 AM

To think some were so vile about him on here regardless of how his performances were

Yeah that annoyed me, he was always the scapegoat when it wasn't deserved. Glad I stuck to my guns and always felt he should be given more of a chance.

filham

Don't want to be negative as we are on a little high right now but a few more good performances from Seri and the premier clubs will come sniffing in January.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: filham on October 20, 2021, 10:49:09 AM
Don't want to be negative as we are on a little high right now but a few more good performances from Seri and the premier clubs will come sniffing in January.

He is playing to leave - no doubt in my mind - but if he plays well enough for a promotional bon voyage, that's okay with me!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Radiowhite

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 20, 2021, 12:40:59 PM

He is playing to leave - no doubt in my mind - but if he plays well enough for a promotional bon voyage, that's okay with me!
He's 30 now so if we get promoted I don't see him going.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Radiowhite on October 20, 2021, 03:34:40 PM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 20, 2021, 12:40:59 PM

He's 30 now so if we get promoted I don't see him going.
I'm sure I read somewhere that his family are happy here and that's why he wanted to stay. If he says he wants us to go up as champions, why would he be playing to leave?  That doesn't make sense. Maybe Silva has told him he'd definitely be in his plans if/when we get promoted? 

Jims Dentist

I believe I read that his contract is up in June.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: jayffc on October 20, 2021, 12:55:50 AM

While I was never vile about it, I hold my hands up to slating Seri in the past. When he went on loan to Galatasaray, and the 3 nil cup loss to Brentford last year in particular. I made assumptions about his character. This interview, but more importantly his commitment and contributions this season have made me do a 180. If he keeps up his performances, he will be serenaded by the fans as we secure promotion (fingers crossed). What a lovely redemption arc.