more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tom Cairney

Started by perry geyton, October 20, 2021, 09:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ss12white

Hoping Marco gives him a bit of freedom, when he drops to deep he less impact on the game.

TC's Sporran

shamelessy stolen off fulhamish sums up the difference he made.

For proof, just take a look at the numbers. In the first half we had 63% of the ball and registered 10 shots, only one of which was on target. In the second, we had 70% of the ball while taking 14 shots, five of which were on target. In 45 minutes, Cairney registered 52 touches (19 more than Reed's 33 and two more than De Cordova-Reid made in 90 minutes on the pitch), completed 39 accurate passes (compared to Reed's 25 and De Cordova-Reid's 32), while also registering two key passes and the one blistering shot on goal.

It goes without saying that all three are completely different players and that the direct comparison above isn't entirely fair, given that each would have received very different instructions heading into the match. What it does illustrate though is how much more impactful we were in the final third with Cairney on the pitch. His ability to shift the ball quickly and incisively gives us something we've lacked at times in recent games, allowing us to play with both an urgency and directness that we've only seen in glimpses since Fabio Carvalho got injured.

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on October 21, 2021, 04:59:25 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on October 21, 2021, 03:42:42 PM
THE MISSING LINK

Give it time Piri. It's early days 😜
Is that what your girlfriend keeps telling you Bongo ?

perry geyton

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on October 21, 2021, 11:09:16 PM
Quote from: blingo on October 21, 2021, 04:59:25 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on October 21, 2021, 03:42:42 PM
THE MISSING LINK

Give it time Piri. It's early days 😜
Is that what your girlfriend keeps telling you Bongo ?

What makes you think I've got a girlfriend Piri😂😂😂😂

bobbo

Forget the goal , as good as it was , I was specifically watching him play and he made every pass an tackle look so simple.
He always does the easy move rather than get himself into trouble , my god how we've missed him.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bobby01

Quote from: TC's Sporran on October 21, 2021, 08:17:21 PM
shamelessy stolen off fulhamish sums up the difference he made.

For proof, just take a look at the numbers. In the first half we had 63% of the ball and registered 10 shots, only one of which was on target. In the second, we had 70% of the ball while taking 14 shots, five of which were on target. In 45 minutes, Cairney registered 52 touches (19 more than Reed's 33 and two more than De Cordova-Reid made in 90 minutes on the pitch), completed 39 accurate passes (compared to Reed's 25 and De Cordova-Reid's 32), while also registering two key passes and the one blistering shot on goal.

It goes without saying that all three are completely different players and that the direct comparison above isn't entirely fair, given that each would have received very different instructions heading into the match. What it does illustrate though is how much more impactful we were in the final third with Cairney on the pitch. His ability to shift the ball quickly and incisively gives us something we've lacked at times in recent games, allowing us to play with both an urgency and directness that we've only seen in glimpses since Fabio Carvalho got injured.

After me just having a moan on the Robinson thread, how nice to read a balanced post. I especially like "it goes without saying all three are completely different players".
This is the point I was trying to make about a balanced view on a players performance, it does not have to contain disparaging remarks about another player to make your point.
I agree also he did seem to make a big difference to our play, I just hope people don't expect to much to soon.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Cookie6262

It's great to see him back, we have def missed Carvalho, I'm not saying Carvalho is a world beater at 18 years old but he does things in a position that we don't have and can't replace.... Until now with TC back it gives us that extra bit of creativity and I would love it if he can stay fit all season and play plenty of games.

FulhamStu

Can we afford or find a way to play Tom and Fabio in the same 11, esp with Fab in the 10 role which is I think his best.  Certainly if we are chasing a game this could be an option, but we would need to do something like go 3 at the back allowing an extra midfield player maybe.  Seri and Cairney with Mitro, Fab and Wilson in front would be some watch.

———Tosin ——Mawson———Ream
Tete—————-Seri———Robinson
————Cairney——Carvalho———-
———————Wilson———————-
———————-Mitro———————-

In this team Wilson would be given a free roll and told to make runs towards the wings, Fabio would make runs past Mitro and the extra central defenders gives freedom to Cairney who we know is not the best at tracking back.  Tete and Robinson true wing backs giving width.