I would say let them be optimistic, hopefully they are over confident

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 21, 2021, 01:32:20 PM
I would say let them be optimistic, hopefully they are over confident

Here, here!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Rupert

It looks like the usual mix of pessimists, realists, optimists and the simply delusional. Much the same as us. Given their general expectations of a high scoring game, with us failing to keep clean sheets, etc, I'm going for a scrappy 1-0, hopefully to us. Cairney with a last minute bundle over the line.
And while I am at it, this weekend the Lottery numbers will be 2, 16, 24, 33, 34 and 42, the bonus ball will be 25.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Bill2

Never big up your team or Diss the opposition. We have dropped points and wiped the floor with other teams. I think the Coventry game was a blip and the award of the dodgy penalty was the turning point in that we had to chase the game and Blackpool was a game we smashed but couldn't find the back of the net.

Whitestone

Interesting that the opposition fans are switched on to our weaknesses describing Ream and Odoi as 'like the bloody chuckle brothers at the back'.

davew

Quote from: Rupert on October 21, 2021, 04:00:05 PM
It looks like the usual mix of pessimists, realists, optimists and the simply delusional. Much the same as us. Given their general expectations of a high scoring game, with us failing to keep clean sheets, etc, I'm going for a scrappy 1-0, hopefully to us. Cairney with a last minute bundle over the line.
And while I am at it, this weekend the Lottery numbers will be 2, 16, 24, 33, 34 and 42, the bonus ball will be 25.
I will have to change my numbers then, don't fancy sharing the jackpot!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Rupert

Quote from: davew on October 21, 2021, 06:39:49 PM
Quote from: Rupert on October 21, 2021, 04:00:05 PM
I will have to change my numbers then, don't fancy sharing the jackpot!

Oh don't worry, nobody pays any attention to anything I ever say, and with good reason.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Carborundum

Just been chatting with a Forest fan.  Enjoying the style and quality of play as much as the results.  Should be a cracking match.

filham

I for one will not take notice of this post.
The Forrest match has to be treated with the same respect, nothing more ,nothing less than all recent matches. We have to match the opponents in all respect, take our chances and try to play our brand of football for 90 minutes.

bog

Good to see that Roy Dwight has not been forgotten.  :54:

092.gif 

bencher

Quote from: Whitestone on October 21, 2021, 06:21:33 PM
Interesting that the opposition fans are switched on to our weaknesses describing Ream and Odoi as 'like the bloody chuckle brothers at the back'.

I think this perception is totally informed by how they have done at PL level. At Championship level, they've generally been effective defenders, with the occasional error like all defenders at this level.

PaulJ123

The 'WestSussexWhite Derby' with Steve Cooper in charge of Forest now.

Jim©

They have won 1 (ONE!) of their last 6 home games in the league- against Blackpool. Drew against Millwall and lost to Cardiff, Stoke and Blackburn and Bournemouth.
They almost got beat last weekend by Bristol City when they scored in the 90th & 95th mins to win it.
I don't think they're anything other than utterly beatable.

SP

LittleErn

Quote from: bog on October 22, 2021, 09:31:54 AM
Good to see that Roy Dwight has not been forgotten.  :54:

092.gif 

+1 much better player than Reg! 😇

Steven Ageroad

Noticed that the attendance was big 27,000, we had about 1500 there. It was a Sunday afternoon KO, with Forest on a roll so probably a lot of fair weather Forest supporters turned up to watch them turn over a top team, WRONG!
A lot their "supporters" left with 15 minutes to the final whistle.
Bring on the "Baggies".