watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

U23s

Started by res, October 23, 2021, 01:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Does anyone watch the U23 games live? I've only seen the highlights, from what I've seen from those there are a number of promising players (mostly U21), playing decent football, and producing good results. I think there's promotion if we retain our current top position. I assume there are sparse "crowds", a couple of other teams (e.g. Norwich) gave an attendance figure (just over 100) but we don't show ours. Are there more genuine potential first teamers coming through e.g. Hilton ?

Jamie88

I personally think Ollie O'Neill would be the one most likely to get some first team exposure in the future from our current crop of U23's.

As we've seen so often in the past though, no matter how well some players perform at academy level, the difference in class to playing men's Championship or Premier League football is huge.

Baston White

Good to see Kongolo getting 90mins for U23's.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Baston White on October 23, 2021, 01:43:42 PM

Yes absolutely, hope he's available for first team selection soon.

AJW48361

Hilton looks 5 star.

MickTheBeard

I was there,the subs changed the game with a better goal threat.1st half forest were the better side,we had the second half,it wasn't one of our better games.

Fulham 442

Quote from: MickTheBeard on October 23, 2021, 09:06:53 PM
I was there,the subs changed the game with a better goal threat.1st half forest were the better side,we had the second half,it wasn't one of our better games.
How did Kongolo look?

bobby01

Quote from: MickTheBeard on October 23, 2021, 09:06:53 PM

Mick just a question for you re Bowie. The lad was a regular starter for Raith, were Abrahams never got a look in, but seems to have fallen well down the pecking order.

Do you think it is because he is not as good as expected, injury problems , I would be really interested in your opinion of him as he is a big lad and came with decent credentials.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MickTheBeard

reply to bobby01.Bowie is a strange one,last year he played for 18s took him a few months to be regular,adjusting to academy football from shall we say raith  rovers don't want to be disrespectful non league standard and he will have to adjust again to 23s if he progresses.As of covid I was not allowed to attend under18s last year only family and scouts,same this season so I haven't seen him live so I cannot be too critical.To see 23s you have to send them a email to ask if you can go and wait for a reply.In the 18s last year with the threat of Crystal Palace last year,by the way we won the league on last game on goal difference.We dropped stanfield back down to 18s as a deep no9 more a inside forward with Bowie on the left Mika biereth on the right who left us for arsenal in the summer turned us down with apro contract,my person belief was a big loss.Stanfield fed balls to Bowie and mika got approx 25 goals Bowie 12+.You must remember sess,Elliott,young dem belle and roberts went from 18s to 1st team avoiding 23s as they were to good.Some players get sold or released like aderboyo of Luton,woodrow of Barnsley and the full back for forest who scored own goal sat on loan from Middlesbrough we released him he supposed to have issues off the pitch.Any players from 23s can they make it ,no one hits you in the face,fossey did 3years ago but 3knee operations later and now 23 needs to go on loan.

bencher

Quote from: MickTheBeard on October 26, 2021, 12:27:44 PM
reply to bobby01.Bowie is a strange one,last year he played for 18s took him a few months to be regular,adjusting to academy football from shall we say raith  rovers don't want to be disrespectful non league standard and he will have to adjust again to 23s if he progresses.As of covid I was not allowed to attend under18s last year only family and scouts,same this season so I haven't seen him live so I cannot be too critical.To see 23s you have to send them a email to ask if you can go and wait for a reply.In the 18s last year with the threat of Crystal Palace last year,by the way we won the league on last game on goal difference.We dropped stanfield back down to 18s as a deep no9 more a inside forward with Bowie on the left Mika biereth on the right who left us for arsenal in the summer turned us down with apro contract,my person belief was a big loss.Stanfield fed balls to Bowie and mika got approx 25 goals Bowie 12+.You must remember sess,Elliott,young dem belle and roberts went from 18s to 1st team avoiding 23s as they were to good.Some players get sold or released like aderboyo of Luton,woodrow of Barnsley and the full back for forest who scored own goal sat on loan from Middlesbrough we released him he supposed to have issues off the pitch.Any players from 23s can they make it ,no one hits you in the face,fossey did 3years ago but 3knee operations later and now 23 needs to go on loan.

Thanks Mick. Any feedback on Kongolo's performance?

MickTheBeard

Reply to bencher.As you see kongolo played the full 90 mins the longest I've seen him play since charlton away.He played on the right side of defence as 18 year old odertayo played his usual left side defence and mcovoy went on loan to Wealdstone.Most important played Full game .Was caught in possession a couple of times will need plenty of game time to get anywhere near ready for 1st team action as he hasn't played football for approx 2years this season will be make or break for him.

bobby01

Thanks Mick. Much appreciated.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

StannardsBestEnd

I go regularly to the home games for U23s. Stansfield looked awesome a couple of weeks' ago. Impressed he was quickly moved to 1st team bench. Fossey is nowhere close to his best - nor is Kongolo. But Sonny Hilton is still getting better, Larkeche, McAvoy, Odutayo, O'Neill and Harris look serious players. But strongest of all, to me, is Pajaziti. Other points: Bowie is developing all the time - looks far better than Tiehi - and Terry Ablade' speed keeps him very useful.
From the U18s, in a cup game for the 23s - I thought Lanquedoc looked terrific.

filham

Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 23, 2021, 03:43:22 PM

With Ream, Tosin and and Mawson looking so good it is going to require a couple of bad injuries for Kongolo to get a first team place.

Fulham 442

Quote from: filham on October 26, 2021, 06:27:56 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 23, 2021, 03:43:22 PM

With Ream, Tosin and and Mawson looking so good it is going to require a couple of bad injuries for Kongolo to get a first team place.
As he is part of our squad and a good defender when fit, rarely I'll admit, I dont think my observation was too out there!

simplyfulham

Quote from: MickTheBeard on October 26, 2021, 02:03:16 PM
Reply to bencher.As you see kongolo played the full 90 mins the longest I've seen him play since charlton away.He played on the right side of defence as 18 year old odertayo played his usual left side defence and mcovoy went on loan to Wealdstone.Most important played Full game .Was caught in possession a couple of times will need plenty of game time to get anywhere near ready for 1st team action as he hasn't played football for approx 2years this season will be make or break for him.

Kongolo played last season in the premier league. So it's not quite two years, more like 6 months.

davew

Sad as it sounds, I think we can forget about Kongolo and Fossey, the latter I have seen play a few times on FFCTV a while back and he looked good, Kongolo came to us with a reputation of being a good player, never really seen him play before he joined us and of course not really seen him play since he joined us! 2 players on our payroll that we don't really need, wish them well for the future!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

shepperton white

I'd love to catch a few  U23/18 games at MP, but is there anywhere to park reasonably close?

Montague

Quote from: shepperton white on October 27, 2021, 03:55:59 PM
I'd love to catch a few  U23/18 games at MP, but is there anywhere to park reasonably close?

Lots of free parking in nearby roads or in the MP car park but I think they are only letting in a limited number of family / relatives at the moment who have to be pre-registered for match day entrance.

With Covid on the rise again I wouldn't be surprised if this gets tightened up again to no spectators on site in the near future.

shepperton white

Thanks for that Monty