https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Todays key games

Started by grandad, October 23, 2021, 03:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 23, 2021, 06:35:51 PM
Quote from: General on October 23, 2021, 06:29:47 PM
Don't understand how he's managed the consistency at Bournemouth when he was average to poor for what he had available squad wise both in the championship and premiership for us.
From a Bournemouth board:
"Our work rate is absolutely phenomenal. This team is so well drilled in what to do when not in possession as well as in it. The counter pressing on show is akin Man City and Liverpool levels at times. Look at the way we swarm the ball in packs immediately after losing it. The wingers tuck in to press centrally and the full backs push right up to pressure the out ball on the wing, knowing that if it does go in behind them then Kelly and Cahill will likely clean up. It's just as good to watch off the ball as it is on it. Especially after the lacklustre approach off the ball in the last year under Howe and under JT."

They make themselves sound like the best thing since sliced bread.. did we just hire the wrong players? Is that TKs fault.

Feels like the only two games that I have no clue about how they'll play out are against West brom and Bournemouth and until those games we're in a mini three way league against those two this season.

West brom have been a bit shakier recently but still scored 3 today and didn't concede, Bournemouth won by the same margin although the first time they've scored that many this season (or second).. that being said though we had a man sent off against Huddersfield and beat them 5-1, and their recent match against Stoke they won 1-0, where we won 3-0..

Who knows how they'll play out. Have West brom tickets so will be there to see it.

Jules

Scary that Bmth just keep winning and keeping clean sheets. They are 8 points clear of us, albeit our game tomorrow in hand. I think they'll go up, which leaves a shoot out between us and WBA for the other auto place. Our next few games are huge for the season ahead. The likes of Coventry, Luton, QPR, Boro below won't affect the auto spots in my opinion

SuffolkWhite

Parker learnt a lot with us and is doing well but it is a marathon this league. Interestingly SP seems to have got the consistency going and that is something we have to do to get an automatic place. Time will tell.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

General

Watched the Bournemouth highlights and Huddersfield were pretty sloppy with two of their goals. Their first a penalty which on first look gives an impression solanke was looking for it and their third, the Huddersfield marker was shockingly poor and almost seemed to put no effort to match the goalscorer.

Would like to think we wouldn't do the same.

filham

Quote from: General on October 23, 2021, 06:29:47 PM

Don't understand how he's managed the consistency at Bournemouth when he was average to poor for what he had available squad wise both in the championship and premiership for us.
Obviously he has learnt from his mistakes. The difference between winning and losing is small and can be corrected between seasons.

Stevieboy

Why do people say Scotty is so good now but inconsistent with us, he was only inconsistent in the Premier League, in the Championship he did exactly what he was paid to do.....get us promotion.
Comparisons can only be made if or when Bournemouth get back into the Premier League.