News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Whoscored stats on championship so far..

Started by General, October 23, 2021, 06:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/8619/Stages/19794/TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2021-2022

Interestingly despite their unbeaten season so far and us having lost three games and having conceded more goals we apparently come out statistically on top of Bournemouth in most areas. Go figure.

Jim©

I guess the biggest worry there is the aerial battles we have won (lost). 23rd! Might make the west brom game a bit scary!

General

We've got a pretty small squad.. seri, Reed, Reid, kebano, Bryan, Wilson are all pretty small. Tosin, Ream and mitro are our only players with real height.

Tete is decent size when fit though.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jim© on October 23, 2021, 09:05:14 PM
I guess the biggest worry there is the aerial battles we have won (lost). 23rd! Might make the west brom game a bit scary!

Based on Fulham's statistics, every opposition coach should be recommending the best way to stop an attack is to put the ball out for a corner. Maybe adding Hector to the starting XI might make that option less attractive.

filham

In several matches our opponents have concentrated on quick high crosses into our box , I think all managers are aware of our weakness in the air.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on October 23, 2021, 09:56:23 PM
In several matches our opponents have concentrated on quick high crosses into our box , I think all managers are aware of our weakness in the air.

Our current lack of height and physical presence and arial weakness is an Achilles heal opponents will try and exploit, it needs to be addressed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 23, 2021, 09:51:49 PM

Based on Fulham's statistics, every opposition coach should be recommending the best way to stop an attack is to put the ball out for a corner. Maybe adding Hector to the starting XI might make that option less attractive.

Hector did well for us in the championship- remember he was very dominant when he did play the season we went up. Surely he can also do a decent job for us this season. His height could be a huge positive for us us he's got some pace

simplyfulham

To be fair that table is slightly misleading. It's only counted the number of aerial dukes we've won per game.

It's more of an Indication that we play the ball on the deck more than most teams in the division.

If you dig a bit there is a column there for aerial lost. We're actually 7th best in the division for duels lost per game. Conversely West Brom have lost the most duels per game (they've also won the most).

It's more an indicator of our style of play under Silva than highlighting a major weakness.

Jim©

Quote from: simplyfulham on October 23, 2021, 11:22:44 PM

To be fair that table is slightly misleading. It's only counted the number of aerial dukes we've won per game.

It's more of an Indication that we play the ball on the deck more than most teams in the division.

If you dig a bit there is a column there for aerial lost. We're actually 7th best in the division for duels lost per game. Conversely West Brom have lost the most duels per game (they've also won the most).

It's more an indicator of our style of play under Silva than highlighting a major weakness.
Fair point actually. Most of our stats are excellent which only backs up what we see with the naked eye.
The only game we genuinely deserved to get nothing from was Coventry and the ref had a part to play in that.

RaySmith

So are we really playing better than Bournemouth, but they have  been lucky, and our quality will out? as stats  seem to show.

I hope this is the case - we shall see, and we will improve in the most important stat - getting more points an Bournemouth.

I think there could be  a lot of changes amongst the top six as the season progresses, anyway.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 23, 2021, 09:51:49 PM

This is nonsense. We are far from as bad at aerial duels as the gross misuse of these statistics suggests. There are however sensible posts as well in this thread explaining this thankfully.

We have also scored several goals from corners already this season. How many goals have we conceded from corners and crosses?

Bill2

Quote from: filham on October 23, 2021, 09:56:23 PM
Our height weakness is more obvious in midfield, at the back we are OK.