Previous topic - Next topic

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: Motspur Park on October 24, 2021, 02:15:23 PM
Quote from: Jurassic Parker on October 24, 2021, 02:09:06 PM
>Palace fans make banner about a nation/racial group/government/whatever

>complaint made

>police investigate complaint

>article gets written to say complaint is investigated

>people on the internet: OmG WHy iS thIS 'CRIME' PRIoritised, its POLiTiCaL CorReCtNeSs goNE BaRMy!!!!! I oNcE hAd My Bike StoLeN iN 1987 WheRE WeRe tHe PoLiCe ThEn??!!!!!

The police investigating a complaint isn't news just because the BBC have called it news, it's just daily business. The police investigate complaints every day that most of consider non-issues, it's just part of the job.
Come back when someones prosecuted then I'll eat my words and get the pitchforks with you, but come on stop letting outrage journalism live in your head rent free

Completely missing the point. I didn't mention anything about prosecution. The issue is that this is being investigated because of political agenda whereas real crimes aren't being investigated. Not a hard concept to understand, is it?

No it's not. But you're missing my point.

The police investigate hundreds of complaints every day that we all consider non-issues, they have to to make sure they don't miss anything.

The only reason people care about this one is because the BBC have written an article about it, thus declaring it news.

It's just another day at the office.

With that said, I take big issues with the police force currently and we all know they have massive issues. Investigating a complaint isn't one of them, that's their job.

Jurassic Parker

Are we meant to say police force these days? As I typed it I heard Simon Pegg from Hot Fuzz in my head there  :005:

Oakeshott

"Police say no further action will be taken after a banner displayed by Crystal Palace fans targeted the Saudi Arabian-led takeover of Newcastle United."

BBC website.

As always all but certain.

Wolf

Quote from: Holders on October 24, 2021, 11:57:29 AM
I think the question they should be asking is "was it racist?". If so, investigate it. If not (as I believe), move on. Whether political protests are acceptable within football grounds is a question for the clubs themselves and the football authorities. I doubt if they'd be well-disposed towards this one as it was a bit close to home and may trigger a reaction if it continues at other grounds. .

The genie is well and truly out the bottle for political statements with the ever-increasing Remembrance Day profile at football and the ongoing Taking the Knee.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

john dempsey

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on October 24, 2021, 02:20:12 PM
Are we meant to say police force these days? As I typed it I heard Simon Pegg from Hot Fuzz in my head there  :005:

Change the O in force to A would be more accurate

Logicalman

Motspur Park, perhaps you might have missed the point that JP made, inasmuch that ALL complaints, however trivial, can be subject to being investigated, and without understanding either the priority or resources that have been assigned to this Investigation, then to claim this has an elevated priority over more serious crime maybe, perhaps, jumping the speculation gun somewhat, and therefore, if a prosecution should follow that might be the more appropriate time to consider the time and resources are being wasted.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Motspur Park

Quote from: Logicalman on October 25, 2021, 08:12:28 PM
Motspur Park, perhaps you might have missed the point that JP made, inasmuch that ALL complaints, however trivial, can be subject to being investigated, and without understanding either the priority or resources that have been assigned to this Investigation, then to claim this has an elevated priority over more serious crime maybe, perhaps, jumping the speculation gun somewhat, and therefore, if a prosecution should follow that might be the more appropriate time to consider the time and resources are being wasted.

Perhaps I didn't misunderstand. It has nothing to do with potential outcomes but everything do with what is actually happening every day in this country. The police are instructed to and make decisions NOT to investigate actual crimes. A crime reference number is issued and you are then informed that no further action is to be taken.....even when there is overwhelming evidence to be able to catch and hold a criminal to account. The point that I made was that in the case of the banner, the matter was investigated. This had nothing to do with the case ultimately being dropped but highlighting an outrageous fact that actual crimes are ignored but so called political incidents get time, money and resources spent on them.

Again, not difficult to understand, is it?

Somerset Fulham

Is that an actual fact or a point of view?

I am absolutely not having a go at you here, but would be interested to read up on how this is happening etc.

Motspur Park

Facts. Based on several incidents through dealing with my job. Not digging the police out because I help them when I can but frustrates the hell out of me trying to get justice for my clients only to learn that an administrator decides cases won't be pursued.

Somerset Fulham

Ah, I see.  Cheers for that.

Rupert

Quote from: ffcne on October 24, 2021, 01:01:59 PM

Unless you steal a car and then you will have about 8 coppers ,4 cars, a helicopter and a sniffer dog on your tail.

Are you speaking from personal experience, here? Did they catch up with you? Just asking.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Logicalman

Quote from: Motspur Park on October 25, 2021, 09:03:52 PM
Facts. Based on several incidents through dealing with my job. Not digging the police out because I help them when I can but frustrates the hell out of me trying to get justice for my clients only to learn that an administrator decides cases won't be pursued.

Are you referring to the CPS?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Mince n Tatties

They are not Bobbies on the beat old fashioned coppers anymore,they are political correct officers who are taught and instructed that their main priority is to catch people who call someone by a name they think is offensive.
Catching actual criminals is way down the line,82% of all burglaries unsolved,incredible.
Old boy lives down the lane from us burgled twice in 6 months,first time took them 3 weeks to come round to him,in that time all evidence disappeared.
They are frightened to stop and search now for knives,because it might cause an offence,and so daily you read of young men stabbing each other to death.
An instance at a shop entrance where I live last week,a lass standing in doorway of a shop texting on phone,bloke asked her to move to get in shop,she carried on texting,so he said move you silly tart or whatever and brushed past her.
5 minutes in shop and she returned with copper
and he gets a lecture on how to talk to people.
He lost the plot and told copper shouldn't you be out doing more important things like catching criminals instead of lecturing the public in trivial nonsense,in the meantime her that caused it all by not moving out of doorway is standing there smirking as he gets lecture from Political Correct Copper.
They are a joke.

If Cressida Dick and Priti Patel were men,they would have lost their jobs by now.

toshes mate

The fact that the banner made it onto our so called 'free media' and then worms its way here, there and everywhere is far more worrying.  The mere suggestion that there was anything wrong with the banner is just as frightening as the regime the banner is itself questionning.  Cancel culture offers us nothing more than censorship, misinformation and propaganda and we all should resist it no matter how many times you see your stuff removed because it does not fit an agenda.  The police have been politicised as there is nothing new in that. 

We all know that the football authorities are not very virtuous when it comes to who they share their beds with, whose blood money they'll gladly receive, but they do not like to be reminded of their sins and that is their problem.   As fans we should be under no illusions about what is wrong with the game and that hypocrisy solves nothing.

Motspur Park

Quote from: Logicalman on October 26, 2021, 12:20:08 AM
Quote from: Motspur Park on October 25, 2021, 09:03:52 PM

Are you referring to the CPS?

No. These incidents will not get anywhere near CPS because they aren't investigated. I repeat that crimes are committed and reported. The person reporting is issued with a crime reference number. Then, as an update, you are informed that the case is closed and not being investigated.