watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR..wages

Started by bobby01, October 24, 2021, 09:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Just browsing through the news items and see Pogba is desperate to play to prove he is worth a new 350k a week contract..
Next item says Man City Torres in line for a 100k a week contract, I thought wow that's not much.

Then reality hit that I would have to work 4 years to earn Torres weekly wage, I must have become immune to these figures.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

filham

Keep saying it but top footballers wages are obscene, time for a cap.

HobGoblin

Quote from: filham on October 24, 2021, 10:01:27 AM

0001.jpeg

bencher

I wonder if or how much non playing staff salaries have risen in the last 10 years or so,  e.g. physios, marketing department etc. We know some clubs treated their non playing/coaching staff poorly during the pandemic and I suspect their pay has barely risen at all while playing salaries have gone up around 500% in the last decade or so.

New Kid on the Block

I read today that Brighton has a wage cap. That's what I like to hear. That will go a long way to keeping the club sustainable.

blingo

NJFulham

Quote from: blingo on October 24, 2021, 02:34:29 PM
Is our wage cap 65k??
Mitro makes more than that. I think. Probably Cairney too. And Seri.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

bobbo

agree . Ruining our lovely game.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Definitely obscene and it is unsustainable, and in the meantime it is ruining the game.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sammyffc

a salary cap ? no. you don't get to determine what people should be paid if they generate x amount for the club or business. All you are saying is ' cap the players so the owners can make more money'.

Herbie

Not necessarily a cap on an individual player, but a cap on a team's total expenditure.  Then they are more than welcome to have a marquee player, but have to cut their cloth with the rest of the squad

fcfulham55

No way to a cap, sure they get paid well. But only for a limited time do most players earn high amounts. 10-15 years.

Don't forget the tax deductions! it sounds great, but the players need be sensible!
Sent from my Nokia 3310