more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are you braced?

Started by Fernhurst, October 24, 2021, 11:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Tough, tough game this afternoon.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

General

Agreed. Going to be the first proper litmus test for us and our credentials. They've got a manager who's proven at this level, they're top of the form table and not lost in 6 games.. really turned it around.

Very much a case of whether we'll be shown wanting and as inconsistent or whether perhaps we are a strong outfit and that West brom, ourselves and Bournemouth are in a mini league of our own.. with Coventry kind of there or thereabouts but without the squad depth etc.

shepperton white

You're correct about it being a tough one - nothing less than 3 pts is needed to maintain our 2nd spot. If you look at the table, there are more than just the top six capable of promotion

Fernhurst

Wonder if it will all come down to our games against WBA and Bournemouth?

bog

Yes I am Fernhurst! Are we flirting with the top two places or are we for real? Games like this will give us some idea.   COYW!  :yay:

092.gif

blingo

Don't see why the panic has set in. 1-3 win for us this afternoon with Mitro scoring twice.

FFC In Oz

I'm expecting quite an entertaining game.

Should be plenty of goals - Hopefully we can be on the right end of a 2-1 or 3-2 result.

Now I've said that it's going to be a drab 0-0 :)

Somerset Fulham

If we turn up then we win, it's as simple as that.

Their toughest opponent in this run of their has been Huddersfield and their form is up and down like a whores drawers. We got this.

FFC1987

In normal circumstances, these are the types of games where I'd expect maybe a net loss on rivals and wouldn't be too concerned. Seeing as we had a string of bad results previously, this now isn't the case.

blingo

We obviously did not read the script 😂😂😂😂😂

Fernhurst

My expectations were completely unfounded.
Great 0-4 result....... Bring on The Albion.

YOU WHITES

ChesterTheTabby

We played 6/10 on average all game and came away 4-0 worthy winners. What a time to be alive.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RaySmith

Solid, professional performance.

COYW :wine: 049:gif

Ruislip White

Not too shabby at all.
Also sorts our goal difference out. 
We have a real chance now to put early pressure on Bournemouth next weekend and open up a gap between 2nd and 3rd.
COYWS

LittleErn

Quote from: FFC In Oz on October 24, 2021, 12:26:58 PM
I'm expecting quite an entertaining game.

Should be plenty of goals - Hopefully we can be on the right end of a 2-1 or 3-2 result.

Now I've said that it's going to be a drab 0-0 :)

Remind me not to bet on your predictions!

filham

Quote from: bog on October 24, 2021, 12:12:30 PM
Yes I am Fernhurst! Are we flirting with the top two places or are we for real? Games like this will give us some idea.   COYW!  :yay:
A great result that none of us really expected.
However lady luck was with us today and I think the question of whether we are just flirting with the 2nd place or whether we are for real has to remain unanswered until after the West Brom game.

092.gif

grandad

The only thing I am now braced for are the professional moaners still at it even after a thoroughly professional performance in the thrashing of the in form team.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

Quote from: grandad on October 24, 2021, 06:15:37 PM
The only thing I am now braced for are the professional moaners still at it even after a thoroughly professional performance in the thrashing of the in form team.

I'm often commented as a generally pessimistic person but I can't really fault anything at the moment. Great result, entertaining football, key players coming back with no injuries and a goal scorer firing on all cylinders, with a back up striker that constantly looks active and eager to get stuck in and make a name for himself. Everything right now is rosy. Cherry on top at this point is a win next week and I might even start riding the train.....

Deeping_white

One thing I will say is that it is about 2x quieter on here after we win compared to a loss (certainly over the last week where we've won 3). Certain low post total individuals appear to go on hiatus and only re-appear when we lose again which is a curious phenomenon, either they're genuinely that negative in life that they revel in us losing for the "I told you so" moment, or we've managed to find ourselves inundated by trolls who are currently short of some ammo.

Andy S

That I'm afraid is human nature