more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Forest

Started by Gezza, October 24, 2021, 07:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

Quote from: bencher on October 25, 2021, 08:51:55 AM
I found it odd that GJ kept criticising Seri's delivery of the corner that led to the goal as a poor corner. If it led to a goal, how can it be a poor delivery? The Odoi/Mitro move was clearly pre planned and then Seri had to deliver the ball to the near post. It worked.

Gj is very unglowing about Seri whenever I listen to him, he rarely gives him any praise at all.
The corner was pinpoint onto Mitro's run.

FFCBadger

Quote from: Jim© on October 25, 2021, 10:13:09 AM
Quote from: bencher on October 25, 2021, 08:51:55 AM
I found it odd that GJ kept criticising Seri's delivery of the corner that led to the goal as a poor corner. If it led to a goal, how can it be a poor delivery? The Odoi/Mitro move was clearly pre planned and then Seri had to deliver the ball to the near post. It worked.

Gj is very unglowing about Seri whenever I listen to him, he rarely gives him any praise at all.
The corner was pinpoint onto Mitro's run.

Apart from when he awarded Kebano's goal to Seri. Trip to specsavers on the cards I think!

cmg

Quote from: cookieg on October 25, 2021, 09:51:50 AM
Quote from: bobby01 on October 25, 2021, 09:07:57 AM
Quote from: Twig on October 25, 2021, 07:56:01 AM
Quote from: Cookie6262 on October 25, 2021, 07:37:55 AM
Quote from: cmg on October 24, 2021, 10:53:45 PM

Reasonable account, considering the circumstances.

We have now got away 3 times with the NFL-inspired, "Oh, I'm sorry you appear to have accidentally run into me" defender taking-out move. Very slickly done, resulting in a goal each time (although the defender's finishing touch was probably not part of the scheme) and unsurprisingly not shown on those fun training videos. I'm thinking we might not get away with it in future.

To be honest if our player just stops and holds his ground there is nothing wrong with this tactic and teams will have to work out how to stop it... if our blocking player steps across to block the defender then that's a different matter. I think it's a great tactic that we have used well one payer makes an early run and then just stops and a second players makes a run past him but so close to him it squeezes the defender out.

Yes, as long as the blocking player simply halts it's perfectly legitimate. Only obstruction if he actually moves to make the block.

Totally agree, Denis was standing still when the defender ran into him, good coaching imo, no foul committed.

There is an angle on the extended highlights which suggests that Denis made a move towards the defender to block him. Denis wasn't looking at the ball. If the goal had been disallowed I wouldn't have been surprised.

Maybe I am being overly cynical (my normal position).
I hope the refs keep thinking in tune with the majority.

It's just that I am reminded of the words of one of Ian Fleming's villains, "The first time, Mr Bond, is happenstance. The second time is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

Maidstone Lee

Even opposition fans are starting to agree that Mitro could make it in the Prem;

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
"I agree Dizzy
The scary thing is Mitrovic isn't even close to average in the prem, yet he absolutely rips the Championship every time hes in it...
The gap in standard to the Prem is just so wide now..."

"Mitrovic would be fine in the Prem uf he played in a better team. He'd score more goals if he had a better supply line. It's the likes of Bobby Reid who aren't Prem quality IMHO."
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

copthornemike

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on October 25, 2021, 08:54:40 AM
Forest are very average mid table side.
We played as well as we needed to to beat them, the early goal helped and allowed us to play comfortably within ourselves.
Some could say the ball fell nicely for us on occasions but good teams will generally get this through their work rate and teamwork.
I believe we are playing a cautious game at times with a view to the long and arduous season ahead.

Would respectfully disagree that Forest are a mid- table team!
They actually played pretty well yesterday and the improvement since Cooper has taken over from Hughton is actually astounding. Shows the value of an excellent coach.
Fortunately we were on our top game defensively yesterday and who knows how the game would have turned out if Grabban had not missed that sitter early in the second half which have brought the game back to 1-1 and all to play for both teams. Certainly their keeper was not overworked other than having to retrieve the ball from the net.
Well done to Marco & the team for beating a worthy opponent whom I can now see finish in the playoffs thanks to Cooper.

Mullers75

We made Forest look OK by us constantly giving the ball away.  Forest lost 4-0 to a team playing indifferently.

Bournemouth, WBA, Stoke and Swansea all better than Forest.

Still, plenty of time for them to improve.

Shredhead

A reasonably fair report, although Forest really gifted us 3 goals. The final score should have been Forest -3 Fulham 1.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Jules

Quote from: Shredhead on October 25, 2021, 04:57:59 PM
A reasonably fair report, although Forest really gifted us 3 goals. The final score should have been Forest -3 Fulham 1.
Eh? What game were you watching? Fulham by far the better side

jayffc

Quote from: bobby01 on October 25, 2021, 09:07:57 AM
Quote from: Twig on October 25, 2021, 07:56:01 AM
Quote from: Cookie6262 on October 25, 2021, 07:37:55 AM
Quote from: cmg on October 24, 2021, 10:53:45 PM

Reasonable account, considering the circumstances.

We have now got away 3 times with the NFL-inspired, "Oh, I'm sorry you appear to have accidentally run into me" defender taking-out move. Very slickly done, resulting in a goal each time (although the defender's finishing touch was probably not part of the scheme) and unsurprisingly not shown on those fun training videos. I'm thinking we might not get away with it in future.

To be honest if our player just stops and holds his ground there is nothing wrong with this tactic and teams will have to work out how to stop it... if our blocking player steps across to block the defender then that's a different matter. I think it's a great tactic that we have used well one payer makes an early run and then just stops and a second players makes a run past him but so close to him it squeezes the defender out.

Yes, as long as the blocking player simply halts it's perfectly legitimate. Only obstruction if he actually moves to make the block.

Totally agree, Denis was standing still when the defender ran into him, good coaching imo, no foul committed.

There is another topic on this but watch it back.
As the corner is taken Odoi looks for Mitros marker- moves one step towards him to close the gap then takes a step to his left to be sure he obstructs their attacker. It's very smart and well-executed , but certainly premeditated/rehearsed, especially given this is the 3rd or 4th time weve seen this tactic already this season

Jim©

Quote from: Shredhead on October 25, 2021, 04:57:59 PM

Is that a minus infront of Forest's "3"? If so, that's the only way i can read your email in order for it to make sense.
You did watch the game?

Ronnief

(There is another topic on this but watch it back.
As the corner is taken Odoi looks for Mitros marker- moves one step towards him to close the gap then takes a step to his left to be sure he obstructs their attacker. It's very smart and well-executed , but certainly premeditated/rehearsed, especially given this is the 3rd or 4th time weve seen this tactic already this season)

I've watched this a few times now and don't see anything wrong in what Dennis did. If his actions are deemed a foul then all the myriad of fouls in the penalty box by defenders would result in penalties.

If anybody is moaning about this, the shirt pull on Mitro causing him to shoot over when he was in the penalty area was a stone wall penalty.

Somerset Fulham

This utter clown got a good shoeing on Twitter for his views.

?s=20

SP

I don't know Tom Head but I can assure him none of our foibles are as utterly embarrassing as they way their fans celebrated their flukey win at the Cottage a couple,e of years ago. Charging around the Putney concourse like a group of children on a suger rush. Their promotion was assured apparently......

Black and White Town

I really can't fathom what the issue is with what used to be called our "neutral" section.

Oh, how utterly appalling that supporters of different teams can enjoy a match together.

My brother in law is a big Blades fan, so guess what? On December 18th we'll sit together in the Putney end.

We should be rightly proud that we're a civilised club who don't get much crowd trouble.

Bill2

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 25, 2021, 05:36:12 PM

?s=20
Should change his name to Dick.

Twig

Quote from: Black and White Town on October 25, 2021, 09:35:01 PM
I really can't fathom what the issue is with what used to be called our "neutral" section.

Oh, how utterly appalling that supporters of different teams can enjoy a match together.

My brother in law is a big Blades fan, so guess what? On December 18th we'll sit together in the Putney end.

We should be rightly proud that we're a civilised club who don't get much crowd trouble.

Exactly this. I think the issue is that FFC began to move into the 21st century with MAF and are continuing to do so with Shad, whilst many football supporters are deeply rooted in the mid 1960's!

Fulham 442

Quote from: Twig on October 26, 2021, 02:26:40 PM
Quote from: Black and White Town on October 25, 2021, 09:35:01 PM

Exactly this. I think the issue is that FFC began to move into the 21st century with MAF and are continuing to do so with Shad, whilst many football supporters are deeply rooted in the mid 1960's!
Plus 1.  I too have sat in the Putney End with friends that support the team we are playing and I think it is brilliant that we can do so.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Bill2 on October 26, 2021, 02:14:09 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 25, 2021, 05:36:12 PM

?s=20
Should change his name to Dick.

:005:

terryr

hovewhite

Thought the OP was an accurate account.