watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

official web site

Started by ALG01, October 28, 2021, 04:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

I noticed recently i visit the site less and less because a) most of the interviews are behind a pay wall and b) there is not much else content.
BUT
I was looking at the recent reults page which is bizarrely written like a childrens first reading book meaning you have to scroll way to much which led me to want to look at the league table.

Again set out in a great expanse of nothing they do not show the goals F and A.
Of all the things they are two stats  I do want to see.

years ago in the paper they would show WDL FA for hoime and away and total and that was legible in a rather smaller space.

Does anyone at the club that creates the web site actually support a football team.

Jim©

Most websites are now designed to be more mobile friendly than desktop friendly- hence designs you talk about on the results page I'd imagine.

General

Yeah, website I go to and tend to just check what content is coming out. It's all quite generic but obviously in first instance behind a paywall. For fulham content these days you're better off just sticking to the youtube channel, which promotes the same content a day or so later, or twitter - which is more regularly updated over Instagram and more interesting.

Used to get most info from whitenoise on twitter... but he's seemingly disappeared for personal reasons at the end of last season and hasn't come back.

It just goes to show the extra negative knock on effects on the club by putting content behind a paywall (only for first day or two).. less visits, less cross marketing, less likely to build relationships with the club etc.

ALG01

Quote from: Jim© on October 28, 2021, 04:29:11 PM
Most websites are now designed to be more mobile friendly than desktop friendly- hence designs you talk about on the results page I'd imagine.

Yes good points but on the offal we get 5 results on a fully expanded page spread over the whole screen,m the BBC has 12.
T
The league table is particularly pointless as it does not show goals scored or conceeded, over the uyears that has been a big deal in terms of stats.

It's been a long day, i have a cpold and I am getting way to grumppy but surely I should find my team's web site useful... it really hardly has naything worth looking at.

dgnffc

I only go on there for the highlights of the u18/23s matches.

simplyfulham

I do think you've got a point. In most versions of the league table these days the goals for and goals against column is usually dropped.

It's become the norm to not show it now for some reason and it is annoying.

filham

Agree the website is not at all fan friendly but no doubt the designers think it is artistic and at the same time a useful cash cow.