rebel

Quote from: Jamie88 on October 28, 2021, 09:18:47 AM
Quote from: rebel on October 28, 2021, 05:58:26 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on October 26, 2021, 08:48:40 PM
Quote from: rebel on October 26, 2021, 03:53:05 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on October 25, 2021, 07:41:02 PM
Quote from: rebel on October 25, 2021, 02:00:04 PM
Quote from: bencher on October 25, 2021, 01:13:11 PM
If he gets a hat-trick that takes him to 16 for the season so far. It's still October. Quite astonishing really.

Why is it 'astonishing'? I've been saying it ever since Mitro signed, that the some parts of his goal contributions don't add up.
He should be scoring more against the number of chances created. I said the same when we were last in the Championship when he scored 26 goals.

If you don't understand why someone would think that 16 League goals before November is astonishing, then I don't know what to say!

To put it in perspective, Ivan Toney who broke the Championship goals record last season with 31, had 12 goals at this stage last season.

You just need to read my posts ever since we signed Mitro, I've always said he should be scoring more goals then he had been doing. So on that basis it's not 'astonishing'. He's doing exactly what he should be doing. Mitro is up there regards World Cup qualifiers.
I also posted that he should be scoring 'braces and hat-tricks' on a thread.

https://www.infogol.net/en/player/aleksandar-mitrovic/1373

His xG is currently 11.70, so he is surpassing expectations based on chances presented to him

To date he's had 49 opportunities (BBC website). You only need to look at the opportunities he's missed to see he could easily have had at least 10 more this season.

Whoa, hang on - are you genuinely saying that you expect Mitro to have scored around 25 goals for us already!?
Hahahahhaha

I'm saying, he's had the opportunities, nobody can say he hasn't. 

rebel

Quote from: ALG01 on October 28, 2021, 12:14:49 PM
to come back to the question. IMO it is clearly an OG, I am not sure there is not much doubt but Mitro did brilliantly at the near post and i have been saying for some years that if he would be less static in the box and make the near post runs he would be even more successful.

Regardiung the other talking point. Mitro is clearly a top goal scorer and this season a much improved team player. I think with this manager he would show himself to be a top man in the Prem.

Really good post, the key is keeping him interested. Mitro always has a 'flyer'.

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on October 28, 2021, 12:39:01 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on October 28, 2021, 08:53:57 AM
If he gets a hat-trick that takes him to 16 for the season so far. It's still October. Quite astonishing really.

Why is it 'astonishing'? I've been saying it ever since Mitro signed, that the some parts of his goal contributions don't add up.
He should be scoring more against the number of chances created. I said the same when we were last in the Championship when he scored 26 goals.

If you don't understand why someone would think that 16 League goals before November is astonishing, then I don't know what to say!

To put it in perspective, Ivan Toney who broke the Championship goals record last season with 31, had 12 goals at this stage last season.

You just need to read my posts ever since we signed Mitro, I've always said he should be scoring more goals then he had been doing. So on that basis it's not 'astonishing'. He's doing exactly what he should be doing. Mitro is up there regards World Cup qualifiers.

His xG is currently 11.70, so he is surpassing expectations based on chances presented to him

To date he's had 49 opportunities (BBC website). You only need to look at the opportunities he's missed to see he could easily have had at least 10 more this season.

I know we have had this debate before, and I remember that you believe that it is reasonable that Mitrovic should be more efficient than basically all other strikers in world football.  What I am yet to understand is what leads you to this conclusion, but I suspect I will never find out. Have you ever thought about putting Mitro's goal scoring into a wider perspective by comparing him to other strikers? Or can you see nothing except for the 'easy' chances he misses from time to time? In my opinion your conclusion seemingly lack context.

There are and have been more efficient strikers then Mitro, in better leagues then the Championship, that is a fact, because we all have a attachment and vested interest in the club, we focus on Mitro. If Ronaldo (Man Utd) had the same chances Mitro has had, how many would he score?

As for the following total garbage, 'Or can you see nothing except for the 'easy' chances he misses from time to time? In my opinion your conclusion seemingly lack context.'

If it is a fact, maybe you could look into actual numbers to see if Mitro's conversion rate is bad compared to top scorers in other leagues? I believe that you will find that his 30% conversion rate compares favorably regardless of league. So instead of dismissing my post as total garbage, maybe you can contribute something to support your stance.

By the way, nobody has stated that Mitro hasn't missed chances. It is just that most posters seem to understand that even the best goal scorers miss their fair share of chances.

Tabby

30% is about the same conversion rate as Erling Haaland for reference.

rebel

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 28, 2021, 01:09:17 PM
Quote from: rebel on October 28, 2021, 12:39:01 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on October 28, 2021, 08:53:57 AM

I know we have had this debate before, and I remember that you believe that it is reasonable that Mitrovic should be more efficient than basically all other strikers in world football.  What I am yet to understand is what leads you to this conclusion, but I suspect I will never find out. Have you ever thought about putting Mitro's goal scoring into a wider perspective by comparing him to other strikers? Or can you see nothing except for the 'easy' chances he misses from time to time? In my opinion your conclusion seemingly lack context.

There are and have been more efficient strikers then Mitro, in better leagues then the Championship, that is a fact, because we all have a attachment and vested interest in the club, we focus on Mitro. If Ronaldo (Man Utd) had the same chances Mitro has had, how many would he score?

As for the following total garbage, 'Or can you see nothing except for the 'easy' chances he misses from time to time? In my opinion your conclusion seemingly lack context.'

If it is a fact, maybe you could look into actual numbers to see if Mitro's conversion rate is bad compared to top scorers in other leagues? I believe that you will find that his 30% conversion rate compares favorably regardless of league. So instead of dismissing my post as total garbage, maybe you can contribute something to support your stance.

By the way, nobody has stated that Mitro hasn't missed chances. It is just that most posters seem to understand that even the best goal scorers miss their fair share of chances.

I haven't dismissed your whole post as garbage only the bit I quoted. I think you'll find that 'the league' matters, simply because of the quality of players throughout the team. 'Most posters', that one. 

rebel

Quote from: Tabby on October 28, 2021, 03:40:01 PM

Who does he play for? Which league?

Jamie88

Quote from: rebel on October 28, 2021, 03:50:29 PM

Dortmund. Bundesliga. Probably amongst one of the best strikers in world football right now

Cookie6262

Rebel he is probably the most sort after striker in World football and has arguably been the best striker in the world over the last two years 😳

Beamer

Isn't there some guy stood between the posts who gets paid a lot of money to keep strikers from scoring. If we are going to get bogged down on stats then we should analyse the keepers shot stopping numbers and factor that into the equation. I bet without a keeper Mitros numbers would be much higher - no really they would.

rebel

Quote from: Cookie6262 on October 29, 2021, 07:02:01 AM

Rebel he is probably the most sort after striker in World football and has arguably been the best striker in the world over the last two years 😳

If Haaland played for us, would his conversion rate be 30%?

bencher

Quote from: rebel on October 28, 2021, 12:42:48 PM
to come back to the question. IMO it is clearly an OG, I am not sure there is not much doubt but Mitro did brilliantly at the near post and i have been saying for some years that if he would be less static in the box and make the near post runs he would be even more successful.

Regardiung the other talking point. Mitro is clearly a top goal scorer and this season a much improved team player. I think with this manager he would show himself to be a top man in the Prem.

Really good post, the key is keeping him interested. Mitro always has a 'flyer'.

I re-watched Mitro's goal against Cardiff last week. It was mentioned on another post that goal was said by someone to be "one of his easiest ever goals" or something similar. If you watch Mitro when Wilson and BDR close down the two defenders on the right flank, he and the CB a few yards from him are both watching events, but Mitro is both nearer to play, and also makes a move towards the ball a fraction before the defender sniffs the danger. As a result when BDR has the ball and is ready to pass, Mitro is very well placed to attack the ball unopposed.

It was a real striker's goal.

Jim©

Quote from: bencher on October 29, 2021, 09:14:56 AM
Quote from: rebel on October 28, 2021, 12:42:48 PM

I re-watched Mitro's goal against Cardiff last week. It was mentioned on another post that goal was said by someone to be "one of his easiest ever goals" or something similar. If you watch Mitro when Wilson and BDR close down the two defenders on the right flank, he and the CB a few yards from him are both watching events, but Mitro is both nearer to play, and also makes a move towards the ball a fraction before the defender sniffs the danger. As a result when BDR has the ball and is ready to pass, Mitro is very well placed to attack the ball unopposed.

It was a real striker's goal.

It was mentioned on here- but I didn't see that as an easy goal or whatever the sky highlights said. It was smashed in, to a small area at the keepers near post following some excellent movement from Mitro. I thought it was a top class finish by him.

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on October 29, 2021, 08:52:40 AM

His conversion rate would probably not increase drastically, but he would likely find it easier to create chances and find scoring opportunities resulting in more goals. I doubt that he would convert about 50% of his chances just because he dropped down to a league that is still probably in the top 10 leagues in the world. He would also have less talented teammates.

But even if he did get a conversion rate higher than almost any player ever for some reason, what would that prove to you? That he is better than Mitro? I guess that would show all those that believe that Mitro is a top ten candidate for the Ballon d'or...

Marcel_Gecov

This thread looks like a WUM on the loose.

How anyone can either a) think we havent had sufficient output out of Mitro yet is clearly on the wind up. Haaland may have scored more this season, but in the championship, at this level, Mitrovic is on fire.

My biggest fear is if we get a suspension, injury then where are the goals coming from? I think Muniz could do with a start relatively soon to see how he shapes up in this league and if he can be relied upon.

rebel

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 29, 2021, 12:24:49 PM
This thread looks like a WUM on the loose.

How anyone can either a) think we havent had sufficient output out of Mitro yet is clearly on the wind up. Haaland may have scored more this season, but in the championship, at this level, Mitrovic is on fire.

My biggest fear is if we get a suspension, injury then where are the goals coming from? I think Muniz could do with a start relatively soon to see how he shapes up in this league and if he can be relied upon.

We got (a) where's (b)? I got it, a bit like the rest of your post missing in the thought process. 

rebel

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 29, 2021, 11:31:56 AM

His conversion rate would probably not increase drastically, but he would likely find it easier to create chances and find scoring opportunities resulting in more goals. I doubt that he would convert about 50% of his chances just because he dropped down to a league that is still probably in the top 10 leagues in the world. He would also have less talented teammates.

But even if he did get a conversion rate higher than almost any player ever for some reason, what would that prove to you? That he is better than Mitro? I guess that would show all those that believe that Mitro is a top ten candidate for the Ballon d'or...

Can you think of 10 strikers better then Mitro from a neutral perspective?

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on October 29, 2021, 12:46:16 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on October 29, 2021, 11:31:56 AM

Can you think of 10 strikers better then Mitro from a neutral perspective?

I think almost everyone can. Do you have a point to make with that question?

Sgt Fulham

If Mitro was Haaland then he would be playing for Dortmund, not Fulham.

Tabby

The conversion rate of Louis Saha hovered between 15-25%. The standards we are holding Mitro to are pretty damn high. And it isn't like Mitro gets a lot of clear cut one on one chances with keepers, he is usually in a crowded area with little space.

I'll keep being happy while he keeps up scoring more than one goal per game though, even if he isn't Robert Lewandowski.  :wine:

PaulJ123

This thread has taken a real turn from my original question  :Get Coat gif: