watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin interview

Started by FFCBadger, October 29, 2021, 02:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCBadger

...compared to the Seri interview was tough to watch.

This is a guy who wants to do his talking on the pitch but I do find it surprising that, especially for a club interview, football players aren't given a bit of media training so in a safe space they can open up a bit. The bland "we just need to go out there and do it on the pitch" stuff is so underwhelming

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Jim©

Personally I couldn't really give a flying if he can be entertaining in an interview or not. I'm more bothered whether he can win all those headers from W Brom lumping the ball into the box.

Lordedmundo

I'm pretty crap at public speaking myself, although find video calls and presentations a bit easier - so I won't judge too harshly. However, I do completely agree that a some of the players should have more media training.  Some of their interviews are painful to watch and I often avoid watching dependent on who's turn it is in front of the camera.

To be fair, quite a number of the squad are decent - Ream, Cairney, Bryan, Cavaleiro, Reid, Wilson, Reed, Robinson, Hector, Mawson, Gazzaniga, Odoi, Christie and also (surprisingly) Carvalho and Francois. Also Muniz's one and only interview was very good (although it was of course in Portugues and appeared very rehearsed).

Other than that - Kebano, Chalobah, Rodak, Mitro, Seri, Knockaert, Sessegnon and Tete are ok but Tosin, Onomah and Stansfield really need some help!

I remember Wayne Rooney's interview for Everton when he signed his first pro contract. He was like a rabbit in the headlights and I really felt sorry for him.

FFCBadger

Quote from: Jim© on October 29, 2021, 02:54:55 PM
Personally I couldn't really give a flying if he can be entertaining in an interview or not. I'm more bothered whether he can win all those headers from W Brom lumping the ball into the box.

Oh me too - he could have delivered the whole interview in Mongolian throat song if it meant we kept a clean sheet!
Just seems like a missed opportunity

Southcoastffc

I thought he was fine, but just like managers/coaches/players who have a mike pushed in front of them just after a game, what was he supposed to say in 3 minutes at a training session?    He struck me as an intelligent guy who didn't particularly want to be interviewed - nothing wrong with that.   
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

WindyCity

This!

Much more concerned/interested in his performance on the pitch.  So far this season, he's been solid.  Hope it continues, especially during big team test tomorrow......

General

I agree with this. In tosin I just see a young player fully focused on his ambitions and achieving them and if that means less entertaining interviews then so be it.

cmg

I am disgusted at the way he ties his boot laces.

The Academy should be scrapped immediately for failing in this vital area of instruction.