watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

7-0: Conflicted

Started by terryr, November 03, 2021, 09:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Perhaps Coventry should have eased up on us when they went ahead. That result had the desired effect on us, on fire ever since!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

@jolslover

This is the worst post I've ever seen
STH H3

Mokes

Haha I'm sure it comes from a good place, but if I was a Blackburn fan I would be probably be more insulted at the opposition fans pitying us and and saying that should have eased off then the result itself. We're in the same division and a win for them would have put them in the top 6. It's not like they're a club in shambles.

If we were a top Prem team beating up on a lower league minnow in a cup game I would agree with the sentiment.

Cambridge Pete

Conflicted! Why? They will want to show it was a one off and will hopefully beat some of our contenders. I remember a Boxing Day many years ago when our opponents scored through Crawford and we cheered him. A couple of days later we went off to Ipswich expecting another rout. It did not happen. Complacency and they upped their game

MartyFFC

This has to be a wind-up surely, either that or snowflakery of unprecedented magnitude

Stevieboy

Shall we give Posh a two goal start on Saturday then  ??064.gif 064.gif

Colton F.C.

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on November 04, 2021, 12:57:50 AM
Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on November 04, 2021, 12:22:04 AM
I reckon you and I could trade quotes again and again and again, but I hear that once the mods get to disliking someone, they ain't around too long.

Bit of a dig at the mods, they do a great job and they don't get paid, don't be a dick and you'll be a life long member. 
Same as most boards but not run by Camp Commandants
Try the "Friends of Boxing" site and they "may" let you trade "punchy arguments"

I was a Mod back in the 60's and we got along with the Rockers, most of the time, except getting off the train at Windsor
and walking past the Ace Cafe to the Ricky Tick Club along the river, Then we crap*ed ourselves.
The Mods were Scooter boys ( who loved the Who) that went down to Brighton to 'front' the biker boys (who scared me Sh*tless out of me parker)
when I got there and before the "battle" started I was in Hove.
Mods were a bit wimpish, these Mods are not, but they are fair and keep this place decent.

Now: Logicalman and Love4ffc, you haven't sent me the stipend you promised me for being a creep and a crawler.

Sorry Roger I don't think there was any offence towards mods (sixties youth or FOF).  You may have been taken on a bit of a Missouri boat ride.

Tabby

Quote from: cookieg on November 04, 2021, 08:11:41 AM
As much as it isn't good for the nerves I almost wish we'd had a harder game where we've had to think about our game, keep possession and use the ball effectively. I know that sounds odd but I would rather we'd have dismantled a top 6 side rather than Blackburn.

They were just off of playoffs before yesterday, so theyr e not struggling in the bottom. But half the Championship is fighting for playoffs this season it seems.

Fulham 442

Quote from: MartyFFC on November 04, 2021, 09:50:17 AM
This has to be a wind-up surely, either that or snowflakery of unprecedented magnitude
Love it "snowflakery of unprecedented magnitude"!  I'll have to try and work that into a conversation!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Colton F.C. on November 04, 2021, 10:25:49 AM
Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on November 04, 2021, 12:57:50 AM
Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on November 04, 2021, 12:22:04 AM
I reckon you and I could trade quotes again and again and again, but I hear that once the mods get to disliking someone, they ain't around too long.

Bit of a dig at the mods, they do a great job and they don't get paid, don't be a dick and you'll be a life long member. 
Same as most boards but not run by Camp Commandants
Try the "Friends of Boxing" site and they "may" let you trade "punchy arguments"

I was a Mod back in the 60's and we got along with the Rockers, most of the time, except getting off the train at Windsor
and walking past the Ace Cafe to the Ricky Tick Club along the river, Then we crap*ed ourselves.
The Mods were Scooter boys ( who loved the Who) that went down to Brighton to 'front' the biker boys (who scared me Sh*tless out of me parker)
when I got there and before the "battle" started I was in Hove.
Mods were a bit wimpish, these Mods are not, but they are fair and keep this place decent.

Now: Logicalman and Love4ffc, you haven't sent me the stipend you promised me for being a creep and a crawler.

Sorry Roger I don't think there was any offence towards mods (sixties youth or FOF).  You may have been taken on a bit of a Missouri boat ride.

I know :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Donnie Lonegan

The worst post you've ever seen?

I reckon not.

Woolly Mammoth

I have just read the post again and I thought I had seen it all but I have never read such a load of old cobblers for a very long time than what the op has written, it beggars belief.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

richnj

It's clear we could have put in more goals.  Or let Mitro get a hat trick before taking him off.  I think the boys did well - they set up, played a good practice game.  In that I mean that they used the opportunity to be disciplined, pass and move, and generally play the game at their pace.  There was no carrying the ball into the corner of silly time wasting.  No one sat back and acted lazy, but they also were not acting desperate trying to put in as many goals as possible. 

I think it was as respectful and sportsman-like as you could be to the other side.

filham

This post does indicate a mental problem for Fulham fans, we are just having difficulty in handling such a long run of form and victories.
Perhaps the club should show understanding and arrange counselling for us fans of long standing.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Denver Fulham on November 03, 2021, 10:28:07 PM
I don't mind when pros play until the final whistle. We didn't pour it on egregiously or try to embarrass them with showboat stuff. We just held the ball and they tired and got picked apart. It happens. No one would take mercy on us if it were the other way.

That said, if I'm a Blackburn player, I would memory bank Muniz celebrating the seventh goal like it was 2-0. We have to see them again, and I'd imagine they'll be up for it.
I for one was pleased to see that Muniz is happy to score. He doesn't want to be a back-up and he wants to contribute. Very happy to have him in our squad. Of course Blackburn will be up for the game at Craven Cottage. They have been taken apart by the team who were some 6 or 7 places above them in the league prior to the game. They are professionals who will be very disappointed with their performance and they'll want to prove they are better than that.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 03, 2021, 10:29:43 PM
It's a competition and you are obligated to compete, take no prisoners, and be ruthless, that's what winners do, no mercy, keep good habits, we kept our boot firmly on Blackburn's neck because that is what a professional sportsman is paid for. The first 90 minutes are the most important.
If that scoreline upsets you then you need to contact the Samaritans.
Apparently the Samaritans line was a bit busy ....

Black and White Town

At the end of the season, that extra +7 GD might mean the difference between automatic promotion and playoff.
So that's why.
No team would ever "go easy" on the opposition. This isn't kid's football.

WindyCity

I had absolutely no problem with the score line.  FFC wasn't showboating and were simply taking what was given.  Let's face it, FFC could have had 9 or 10 goals, as I recall, both BDR and Robinson couldn't convert on easy 1 v 1 chances. 

CONFLICTED??

No, BUT what you might be concerned about here is complacency.  After a big, easy win such as this, always a chance for a let down the next game.  Very important for FFC to keep the pedal to the metal and not ease up, and that means Silva and the players need to come out determined and strong this Saturday and not let this 7 nil win go to their collective heads and make them think they're world beaters.  Hopefully FFC can build upon this sort of win and maintain a high level of play.  COYW!

colinwhite