watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackburn were absolutely rubbish though

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, November 04, 2021, 09:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I thought they showed a lot of character, didn't really give up even they were being totally outclassed. A special night for us as more than 1 player showed they could score goals, not all down to Mitro for a change and our "makeshift" defence looked good! As good as it was last night, I think there might be even better performances round the corner, wonder how many goals FFC and Mitro will have after the next 5 games, 50 and 25 respectively, maybe?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

flyingfish

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 04, 2021, 11:46:40 AM
They were not rubbish, no team is rubbish that is detrimental to both Blackburn and Fulham.
Obviously the sending off did not
Help their cause and being already 0 2 down, they had nothing to defend except pride, so it was a case of stick or twist.
I don't think they gave up, but they ran out of steam chasing the ball for most of the game.
What did not help them was that they
Got their tactics wrong both from the kick off and after they went down to ten men.
On top of that Fulham were ruthless and kicked a team when they were down which you have to do in these situations, you have to have the killer instinct to be successful.
So it is disrespectful to say Blackburn are rubbish, they are professional footballers who had prepared themselves for a tough match who came unstuck on the night like Man U did at home v Liverpool when they shipped as many goals, does that make Man U rubbish, they were beaten by a better team who wanted it more.
Plus you are taking away FULHAMS efforts in securing a comfortable win by sticking at it for 90 mins and not show boating or relaxing or taking their foot off the peddle, which made Blackburn look mediocre on the night.
So that is also disrespectful to Fulham.
Remember Blackburn were just outside the play offs so they are no mugs, but last night was a game they will wish to forget, it can happen to any team.
I cannot understand how some people are never satisfied, when Fulham lose people criticise and moan because the team did not play as well as they can, and you win 7 0 and then make a statement that the opponents were rubbish does not take the shine off it for me, we should be rubbing our hands and want to do it again, not belittle Fulhams 7 0 away victory on a cold autumn night by saying that the opponents were rubbish, that is Sunday morning mentality.
It's all on the day, goals change games and nothing is a certainty.
Fulham won 7 0 because they were mustard on the night and never gave Blackburn an even break and that is what I want to see in these circumstances.

Lovely post. I do enjoy your wisdom from time to time.

BestOfBrede

Well someone had to find a reason why the Whites got a result!
Shame it's a Fulham fan, as usually it's the BBC, Sky, newspapers etc.

Look - we outplayed them from start to finish and they have been doing ok..
It shows how good this squad is and that's it!
Long may it continue

WolverineFFC

Quote from: General on November 04, 2021, 12:42:54 PM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on November 04, 2021, 09:44:28 AM
They were really bad, especially for Wilson's goals were they seemed to have dispensed with a left back altogether.

Great performance from Fulham, but Blackburn were dreadful, and pretty much gave up when down to 10 men.

Great to see us so clinical against that though. 049:gif

Their left back was a former fulham academy player tayo edun. He got tormented by naive positioning, following the ball and being outclassed by Wilson.

In fairness it was made difficult by being down to 10 men.

Blackburn were made to look poor. They were 2-0 down before down to 10 and didn't look like threatening too much. Was destined to be a 3-0,4-0 or 3-1 etc.. their sending off made the scoreline 7.

Think we need to realise that whilst nothing is a given and we have to work hard and stay focused that theres a reason we beat most teams convincingly  and its not because they've automatically all failed to turn up.

We beat Stoke 3-0, qpr 4-1, West brom 3-0, forest 4-0.. Huddersfield 5-1.

The real challenge will be the second half of the season when teams have played us once and want to prove they're better then the first result we've got against them.

Blackburn for instance won't be another 7-0 game. They'll want to prove themselves and I imagine that will go for most teams too.

So, do we genuine have that much difference quality wise between us and the other teams in the league or are we living a charmed life on fine margins?

Many say the difference between playing in the championship vs playing in the premiership is that you get away with mistakes in the championship. Perhaps our forward line, coupled with players like seri in midfield and a good defence for this level is leaving us ahead of the pack legitimately, we have a strong squad and not really a single weak player or area unless we're choosing to be critical.

Not only for the first team either but in reserve. At RB, we have odoi, Christie who on his own is one of the better RBs for this level and then Tete, who the season we signed him had been playing recently as a Dutch international.

Our CB backups are a Jamaican and an ex England international. Rb we've got two of the best RBs in the league.

Let's hope we keep this up. Marco seems to be managing standards and expectations well. Let's hope it lasts.

"Think we need to realise that whilst nothing is a given and we have to work hard and stay focused that theres a reason we beat most teams convincingly  and its not because they've automatically all failed to turn up."

Spot on with that comment. If this club stays confident, avoids major long term injuries and keeps working together it is the class of the division. They are flat out smashing clubs in the top half of the division routinely. That stops being happenstance at some point.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: General on November 04, 2021, 12:42:54 PM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on November 04, 2021, 09:44:28 AM
They were really bad, especially for Wilson's goals were they seemed to have dispensed with a left back altogether.

Great performance from Fulham, but Blackburn were dreadful, and pretty much gave up when down to 10 men.

Great to see us so clinical against that though. 049:gif

Their left back was a former fulham academy player tayo edun. He got tormented by naive positioning, following the ball and being outclassed by Wilson.

In fairness it was made difficult by being down to 10 men.

Blackburn were made to look poor. They were 2-0 down before down to 10 and didn't look like threatening too much. Was destined to be a 3-0,4-0 or 3-1 etc.. their sending off made the scoreline 7.

Think we need to realise that whilst nothing is a given and we have to work hard and stay focused that theres a reason we beat most teams convincingly  and its not because they've automatically all failed to turn up.

We beat Stoke 3-0, qpr 4-1, West brom 3-0, forest 4-0.. Huddersfield 5-1.

The real challenge will be the second half of the season when teams have played us once and want to prove they're better then the first result we've got against them.

Blackburn for instance won't be another 7-0 game. They'll want to prove themselves and I imagine that will go for most teams too.

So, do we genuine have that much difference quality wise between us and the other teams in the league or are we living a charmed life on fine margins?

Many say the difference between playing in the championship vs playing in the premiership is that you get away with mistakes in the championship. Perhaps our forward line, coupled with players like seri in midfield and a good defence for this level is leaving us ahead of the pack legitimately, we have a strong squad and not really a single weak player or area unless we're choosing to be critical.

Not only for the first team either but in reserve. At RB, we have odoi, Christie who on his own is one of the better RBs for this level and then Tete, who the season we signed him had been playing recently as a Dutch international.

Our CB backups are a Jamaican and an ex England international. Rb we've got two of the best RBs in the league.

Let's hope we keep this up. Marco seems to be managing standards and expectations well. Let's hope it lasts.

That matchup was a kid who left us to join a League 1 side vs. a 12M winger who we bought from Liverpool.

Blackburn are a solid outfit in this division, but the gulf in class in many matches this season is goofy. Our *subs* yesterday were one of the hottest teenage prospects in Europe, an 8M young Brazilian striker and Tom Cairney. And that was without Tete, Tosin, Onomah, Cavaleiro, Chalobah, Bryan, Mawson, etc featuring.

I don't mind being Man City Light for one season, but I don't think I'd enjoy this every year where we have players worth 20-50x what the opponent has. Where's the sport in that?

Motspur Park

That matchup was a kid who left us to join a League 1 side vs. a 12M winger who we bought from Liverpool.

Blackburn are a solid outfit in this division, but the gulf in class in many matches this season is goofy. Our *subs* yesterday were one of the hottest teenage prospects in Europe, an 8M young Brazilian striker and Tom Cairney. And that was without Tete, Tosin, Onomah, Cavaleiro, Chalobah, Bryan, Mawson, etc featuring.

I don't mind being Man City Light for one season, but I don't think I'd enjoy this every year where we have players worth 20-50x what the opponent has. Where's the sport in that?
[/quote]

That is exactly what supporting Man City, Liverpool & Utd is all about. Okay not so for older City supporters but for the life of me I can't see the point in going to games guessing how many we will win rather than if we win and the excitement of that. I think that is why we support a club like Fulham. Absolutely have no time for plastic fans of 'bigger' clubs.

Cambridge Pete

Thought they showed character. Yes as a contest it was over after the sending off, which was the right decision. Me I'm still enjoying the after glow of victory.

RaySmith

Quote from: flyingfish on November 04, 2021, 06:50:47 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 04, 2021, 11:46:40 AM
They were not rubbish, no team is rubbish that is detrimental to both Blackburn and Fulham.
Obviously the sending off did not
Help their cause and being already 0 2 down, they had nothing to defend except pride, so it was a case of stick or twist.
I don't think they gave up, but they ran out of steam chasing the ball for most of the game.
What did not help them was that they
Got their tactics wrong both from the kick off and after they went down to ten men.
On top of that Fulham were ruthless and kicked a team when they were down which you have to do in these situations, you have to have the killer instinct to be successful.
So it is disrespectful to say Blackburn are rubbish, they are professional footballers who had prepared themselves for a tough match who came unstuck on the night like Man U did at home v Liverpool when they shipped as many goals, does that make Man U rubbish, they were beaten by a better team who wanted it more.
Plus you are taking away FULHAMS efforts in securing a comfortable win by sticking at it for 90 mins and not show boating or relaxing or taking their foot off the peddle, which made Blackburn look mediocre on the night.
So that is also disrespectful to Fulham.
Remember Blackburn were just outside the play offs so they are no mugs, but last night was a game they will wish to forget, it can happen to any team.
I cannot understand how some people are never satisfied, when Fulham lose people criticise and moan because the team did not play as well as they can, and you win 7 0 and then make a statement that the opponents were rubbish does not take the shine off it for me, we should be rubbing our hands and want to do it again, not belittle Fulhams 7 0 away victory on a cold autumn night by saying that the opponents were rubbish, that is Sunday morning mentality.
It's all on the day, goals change games and nothing is a certainty.
Fulham won 7 0 because they were mustard on the night and never gave Blackburn an even break and that is what I want to see in these circumstances.

Lovely post. I do enjoy your wisdom from time to time.

0001.jpeg

Bassey the warrior

They were bad because we made them bad with a sensational display of fluid attacking football.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: filham on November 04, 2021, 10:53:50 AM
A team that loses 0-7 can't really be called anything other than rubbish. However they were on the fringe of a play off place so what are second from bottom Hull going to look like against us on Saturday.

posh?

Enfield

I thought they looked quite good when attacking us, it was just that we were outstanding and could have done that to any team on that form

MikeCdawg

They had only lost one league game, at home, all season. I know they went down to 10 men but we ruthlessly disposed of them.

I think that game, in particular, was a reflection of how great we were and not how poor the opposition were