watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No complacency at Posh please

Started by Colton F.C., November 04, 2021, 06:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

No one will rollover in this league - every game is a tough one - away to a side like the Posh in unfamiliar ground, woah boy, could be a banana skin.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

copthornemike

Am I right in believing we have never beaten the Posh, they may even have a 100% record against us?
Also Posh have drawn with Bournemouth, and WBA only got past them with an extra time winner, this season!
I am sure there was an element of complacency involved in those games so the OP's caution is spot on!

TC's Sporran

is the best way to avoid complacency by NOT fielding the smae side and expecting them to trott out to another massive victory by just stepping on the turf. but by a few changes starting hungry players ie  muniz  the traitor and possibly cairney?
you can always sub them to be fielding the same side that started at ewood and the players coming on as subs must surely be hungrier to prove a point having sat on the bench for 60 mins?

i prefer to never change a winning team. but there is winning and winning.....

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: TC's Sporran on November 05, 2021, 10:07:12 PM
is the best way to avoid complacency by NOT fielding the smae side and expecting them to trott out to another massive victory by just stepping on the turf. but by a few changes starting hungry players ie  muniz  the traitor and possibly cairney?
you can always sub them to be fielding the same side that started at ewood and the players coming on as subs must surely be hungrier to prove a point having sat on the bench for 60 mins?

Thr traitor??

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: copthornemike on November 05, 2021, 08:59:27 PM
Am I right in believing we have never beaten the Posh, they may even have a 100% record against us?
Also Posh have drawn with Bournemouth, and WBA only got past them with an extra time winner, this season!
I am sure there was an element of complacency involved in those games so the OP's caution is spot on!

We beat them at their ground in a midweek League Cup replay in the mid 70s i was there, I think the score was 2 1 or 2 0 with George Best scoring an absolute peach of a goal.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffccornwall

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 06, 2021, 07:35:17 AM

We beat them at their ground in a midweek League Cup replay in the mid 70s i was there, I think the score was 2 1 or 2 0 with George Best scoring an absolute peach of a goal.

I was there and still remember that George Best goal, it was brilliant in it's cheekiness and skill, one of the best!

Motspur Park

Quote from: TC's Sporran on November 05, 2021, 10:07:12 PM

By that you obviously mean Carvalho. I wouldn't start him at the moment because (a) we don't need to and have other equally competent players and (b) it has the potential to upset squad harmony if he is intending to leave and we are playing him in front of players who we are going to rely on longer term. Until he gives a clear indication that he is committed to us, our priority is with those that are 100% committed to FFC. If we had no alternative to Mitro, then fine but Muniz also needs game time and he has just joined us. I am not anti Carvalho but issues like this can have a massive effect on squad harmony.

Dr Know

We've only played them twice in the league , losing both ! But have beaten them three times in cup ties !

JackHamlet90

If we are cocky we will lose we need to start fast.
Hard earned 2-1 win

Motspur Park

Quote from: Dr Know on November 06, 2021, 08:33:46 AM

We've only played them twice in the league , losing both ! But have beaten them three times in cup ties !

They were only elected into the football league in 1960. Our 2 league games against them were during one of the worst periods in our history.

Stevieboy

I remember the next away game after our record 8-0 at Halifax was 4-1 at Stockport with a 4-3 victory over Plymouth in between. I think Steve Earle got 8 goals in that period and Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Conway bagged 5. If we're looking for signs  049:gif 049:gif

bobby01

The amount of times recently when Marco has eluded to the Coventry defeat, I very much doubt there will be complacency on the pitch.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.