News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Peterborough fans don't rate their chances.

Started by Southdowns White, November 06, 2021, 09:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

As I am stuck at home with Covid I had time to look up what the Peterborough fans are saying. I found this thread, some funny comments, obviously realists who really don't seem that bad.

https://londonroad.net/Forum/showthread.php?tid=20140

Whitesideup

Thanks for that Southdowns. Hope you are feeling better soon. Peterborough real football club with real supporters. Enjoyed their posts as they seem to have an almost Fulhamish sense of humour.

I think they are being unnecessarily pessimistic. My prediction is they will be hard to break down, and we have to concede at some stage. If they nick a goal to go ahead it could prove hard to get back in it. That's what I think, but as a Boro supporter predicting a win wrote, "but I'm not that bright".   

rebel

I can see the realms of double figures if we play to our strengths.

Milo

Pfft never underestimate a game.

That said, I think it'll be a similar story to recent games. They will play quite well with lots of spirit but we will be clinical with the odd chance we get and win comfortably 0-4.

Dunstable Fulham

Thanks for sharing- quite an entertaining read and a decent bunch. I was at that game in 1992 - bloody awful performance and I also saw us there in a midweek league cup game when we were also awful- in short we've been terrible there on the few occasions we have played there in my life time.
If we are not on it today we could easily mess up in my view- Coventry, Reading and Blackpool tell you that we have it in us to disappoint.
All that said I expect us to win today. I can't go due to family illness.
To all that are going have a great day out. COYW

Woolly Mammoth

It could or may turn out to be another goal feast, however my feelings tell me to be prepared for a tight close match Gentlemen.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 06, 2021, 10:56:11 AM
It could or may turn out to be another goal feast, however my feelings tell me to be prepared for a tight close match Gentlemen.

Did you play footie with the Dinosaurs? I know I have no respect for my elders.

Woolly Mammoth

When your only tool is a hammer, all problems look like nails.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Motspur Park

Holders

The must be quite down on themselves if they regard Fulham as "posh". Forest were similar a couple of weeks ago and yet Nottingham's quite a nice city.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

I Ronic

The later half of their comments was about the score and no mention of Blackburn playing with 10 men. I'd be happy with a 1-0 win. Keep the run going and keep the  pressure on Parker.

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Black, White and Fred

On paper highest scoreres against a defence that conceades on average 2 goals a game, means we should spank them. However would be very fulhamish to struggle and maybe scrape a win here.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Litrecola_

Oh that Posh thread made my morning. The do seem to be realists and quite funny at that.