more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carvalho being chased by super-agent Jorge Mendes

Started by paulbrookersmazydribbles, November 10, 2021, 12:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: perry geyton on November 11, 2021, 12:52:56 AM
if he had any class whatsoever he'd  extend his contract, stay with us get us promoted then play it by ear
agents are the problem, he'll be feeding him all kinds of BS

Why should he though? You telling me, that if you were headhunted by a bigger and better company, who had  entered resources and offered you more money, you'd stay because you have class? Nonsense. I'd be out like a shot. Anyone would.

FulhamStu

I think the main issue for him is, does he want to play for the club he belongs to? To be a regular starter and minimum in the match day squad and earn very big money whilst developing ot does he want to to a top top club, probably not playing first team football, maybe being loaned out and earning enormous money.

I quite like the sell and loan back idea posted previously as this could be a nice solution for the time being as long as there was not a he must play RLC type agreement.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Denver Fulham on November 10, 2021, 04:36:10 PM
I thought we have a reasonable relationship with Mendes? Wasn't that touted when we signed Cavaleiro a couple years back?

I wonder if this could somehow lead to a more beneficial outcome for us, whether Fab stays or not.
Mendes is only interested in lining his own pockets.
With the alleged transfer fee and wages he did TK up like a kipper in the Cavaleiro deal.

Dougie

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 11, 2021, 07:07:53 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on November 11, 2021, 12:52:56 AM
if he had any class whatsoever he'd  extend his contract, stay with us get us promoted then play it by ear
agents are the problem, he'll be feeding him all kinds of BS

Why should he though? You telling me, that if you were headhunted by a bigger and better company, who had  entered resources and offered you more money, you'd stay because you have class? Nonsense. I'd be out like a shot. Anyone would.

Exactly. It's not as though we put any real faith in the kid until he broke his way into the first team. We might have showed our class by investing in him when there was actually some risk on our side.

We are not entitled to his loyalty simply because we gave him an academy education costing us a few tens of thousands of pounds and a 2-year contract on rookie wages that he is fulfilling with absolute professionalism, or because we finally picked him for the first team whereupon he delivered performances that suggested that if anything he ought to have been playing earlier.

HV71

Simple question- did we treat him well or badly ? Surely , depending on the answer  , it will determine what the young man should do or not do . I totally respect that it is entirely up to him - and so it should be . However values have to come into the equation at some stage - and  we don't know whether he has any or not - not until the final roll of the dice

bobby01

As far as I know he is not going to Mendes in January, therefore I am at a loss as to why he is involved as he is not even his current agent.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: bobby01 on November 12, 2021, 08:59:21 AM
As far as I know he is not going to Mendes in January, therefore I am at a loss as to why he is involved as he is not even his current agent.

Mendes loves to broker lots of deals that aren't his clients. He did the same with the Cavaleiro and Rui Fonte deals

davew

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on November 12, 2021, 12:25:28 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on November 12, 2021, 08:59:21 AM

Mendes loves to broker lots of deals that aren't his clients. He did the same with the Cavaleiro and Rui Fonte deals
That´s fine then, what wonderful players they turned out to be!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lordedmundo

Mendes looks like (and clearly is) a right slimy f**ker

WestSussexWhite