watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 13/11/21...

Started by WhiteJC, November 13, 2021, 12:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Liverpool could land 'fantastic' attacking starlet ahead of Real Madrid, fans should be thrilled - TBR View

Liverpool have some top attacking talent in their ranks, and according to the Daily Mail, there could be one more potentially heading to Anfield.

The outlet claims that Jorge Mendes is trying to push Fulham starlet Fabio Carvalho in the direction of Liverpool.

The 19-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Craven Cottage and recently rejected a new deal at his current club.

According to the Daily Mail, Mendes has spoken to a number of top European clubs over Carvalho, but believes Liverpool are more interested in him.

This is because the Reds struck gold with another Fulham graduate in Harvey Elliott, who has been a huge success so far at Anfield.

The same outlet reported back in September that Real Madrid were keeping close tabs on Carvalho, while a number of top 10 Premier League clubs were also interested.

That said, the Daily Mail has claimed that Mendes alerted Los Blancos and Barcelona "without joy".

This is baffling if true, as a player as good as Carvalho, with such a high ceiling and, best of all, soon to be a free agent, would surely pique the interest of the top clubs.

But if Liverpool could land him ahead of the likes of Real Madrid, it would be a huge coup for the Anfield outfit, and fans should be buzzing if this happened.

A "fantastic" player, in Marco Silva's words, Carvalho has even set his sights on winning the Ballon d'Or in future.

"I want to score goals and try to get Fulham back in the Premier League," he told the Fulham matchday programme in May, as per The Athletic.

"I'm taking it step by step, but in the next few years I want to be competing for the Ballon d'Or.

"That's my personal goal. I'm aiming high. You have to."

Joining Liverpool would certainly be an ideal first step to help Carvalho achieve his goal.

https://tbrfootball.com/liverpool-could-land-fantastic-attacking-starlet-ahead-of-real-madrid-fans-should-be-thrilled-tbr-view/

WhiteJC

Mitro Wins Player of the Month!

Aleksandar Mitrović has been named as Sky Bet's Championship Player of the Month for October.

It follows yesterday's news that he was named as the PFA Vertu Motors Fans' Player of the Month.

It was a prolific month for the striker, as he hit eight goals in our final four matches – all of which ended in victory.

After winning the award, Mitro said: "I have a lot of quality around me in this team, a lot of creative players who make a lot of chances for me, so I have to thank them for helping me to score as many goals as I did in October.

"Thank you also to the Manager for his trust in me, and the fans for their support. It is a nice award to win, but the most pleasing thing was that we also won lots of games."

His Head Coach Marco Silva added: "Aleksandar has been in great goal scoring form and deserves this award for October.

"His goals are a consequence of the team's work and he acknowledges the contribution of his teammates. As well as scoring goals, Aleksandar has been working hard in training to assist the team with his all-round play."

Sky Sports' EFL pundit Don Goodman said: "Can he be stopped? If he can, we're yet to see it happen.

"Mitrović added eight goals to his already impressive tally in October and the Fulham front man is showing few signs of slowing down.

"With the Championship goal-scoring record firmly in his sights, don't be surprised if he claims another player of the month award or two before the season is out."

Sky Bet EFL trader Ivor Davies said: "Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrović has consistently outperformed his expected goals in each of his three seasons playing in this division and October was no different.

"The Whites number nine netted eight goals in five games to take his tally to a jaw-dropping twenty goals already this campaign, seven clear of his nearest rival and brought him to 1/10 to finish the season as the Championship's top marksman (from 11/4 at the start of the month and 8/1 before a ball was kicked in August).

"The Serbian is on course to break the record of most goals scored in a Championship season (31 set by Ivan Toney last season) at some point early next year showing just how amazing his form has been so far this season."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/november/12/mitro-wins-player-of-the-month/

WhiteJC

Former Palace forward: Fulham's Mitrovic will score more than 40 goals this season

Former Crystal Palace striker Clinton Morrison is backing Aleksandar Mitrovic to score more than 40 goals for Fulham this season.

The Serbian striker became the quickest player to get to 20 Championship goals after heading in the only goal at Peterborough United last weekend.

Mitrovic has reached that haul in 17 league matches.

Morrison told EFL on Quest: "You're only as good as your strikers. You can keep as many clean sheets as you want but the hardest thing is to put the ball in the net.

At the moment Mitrovic is doing that. He's an outstanding centre-forward and he deserves all those goals because he gets in the right areas. I think he will score over 40 goals.

"It's frightening, we're only in November. It's ridiculous! He's in fantastic form and Fulham create chances for him."

Whites head coach Marco Silva added: "It's fantastic what Mitrovic is doing.

"When you have a player with his capacity and ability to score goals, it's fantastic for us. We know as a team that Mitro is a fantastic player.

"It's a collective process, as Mitro can't score goals without us creating.

"It was a fantastic moment from [Neeskens] Kebano, the way he created the chance."

Mitrovic is one of seven players to be called up on international duty.

The other players selected are Bobby De Cordova-Reid (Jamaica), Neeskens Kebano (Congo), Antonee Robinson (USA), Marek Rodak (Slovakia), Jean Michel Seri (Ivory Coast) and Harry Wilson (Wales).

Real Madrid, Chelsea and Liverpool have all been linked with Fulham teenage star Fabio Carvalho.

The 19-year-old, who played for Balham Blazers before being picked up by the west Londoners, is out of contract at the end of the season and is yet to commit to new terms.

Carvalho has scored three goals in seven Championship outings this season.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/former-palace-forward-fulhams-mitrovic-will-score-more-than-40-goals-this-season/

WhiteJC

Under the microscope: Can Rodrigo Muniz's impressive substitution appearances earn him more game time at Fulham?

Rodrigo Muniz signed for Fulham from Brazilian club Flamingo in the summer. The centre forward is yet to start a match for the Cottagers but has made eight substitute appearances for his new club. The 20-years old player has already made his mark after coming off the bench and has given some impressive performances.

The young Brazilian has spent 164 minutes on the pitch and has scored three goals for Fulham. He has attempted nine shots towards the opponent's goal and created an expected goal rate of 1.37. Muniz has taken 12 touches inside the opposition penalty box and has attempted three dribbles. He has contested 13 aerial duels and made one recovery in the opposition half.

The above viz represents the shots taken by Muniz in the eight games played. He has attempted nine shots and all the shots have been taken from inside the opposition penalty box. The player has scored on three occasions and his five shots have been on target so far. Muniz was very productive against Blackburn Rovers as he scored two goals in the match. He attempted three shots and two shots were on target.

The 20-year-old has spent very little time on the pitch. The most time that he spent on the pitch was 41 minutes in the match against Reading. He has shown decent form with the minutes he got on the pitch, and has the highest goals per 90 rate in the league. He also leads the chart for the expected goal rate per 90. Aleksander Mitrovic's form has minimized the game time of the youngster. The Serbian has already scored 20 goals and looking at his current form, it is impossible to bench him. Fulham plays in a 4-2-3-1 formation, and it is difficult for the manager to play two players in the striker's position.

When looking at the above chart, the general rule is that the longer the bar, the better the performance – you can see the league average in the middle and the % is the percentile rank the player is in. The attacking and creativity stats chart represents the data in comparison to the other strikers in the Championship. Muniz has a very high percentile rank in goals per 90, expected goals per 90, shots per 90, and headed shots per 90. He also averages high when we look at the touches taken by the player inside the opposition's box. The player averages less for the dribbles attempted and the offensive duels contested in the league.

Rodrigo Muniz has impacted a lot after coming off the bench in eight matches. The player has proven to be an attacking threat and has contributed towards scoring goals. Scott Parker's team have scored the most number of goals in the Championship and he has made very few changes to the starting XI. The chances of Muniz starting a game are low due to the form of striker Mitrovic, but he can make more substitute appearances in the future.

https://eflanalysis.com/analysis/championship/rodrigo-muniz-fulham-efl-championship-2021-22-data-stats-analysis

WhiteJC

How is Luca De La Torre getting on ever since leaving Fulham?

Fulham have produced several quality youngsters from their academy over the years, with the club keen to keep developing talent.

The latest to come through is Fabio Carvalho, and whilst his future may lie away from Craven Cottage, it's positive that the players are there.

One player who was highly-rated a few years back was Luca De La Torre. The 23-year-old arrived in the capital eight years ago and would go on to play 14 games for the Cottagers.

Even though he couldn't break into the XI regularly, De La Torre would earn a call-up to USA national team, highlighting his potential.

Nevertheless, it wouldn't really work out for the midfielder at Fulham, with serious competition for places in the middle of the park meaning he couldn't get the regular run in the team he would've wanted.

Therefore, a move was needed to continue his development, and De La Torre signed for Dutch top-flight outfit Heracles last summer.

Since then, he's done reasonably well, getting minutes under his best, as he featured in 32 league games in the previous campaign, with the player missing just one game in the league so far.

It's been a tough season for the side, as they are just one point above the relegation zone, but a recent draw with Ajax shows they can be competitive.

For De La Torre, it seems like the right club for him as he continues to play and considering his age, he has time on his side in terms of those next steps.

Whether a return to England happens remains to be seen, but some Fulham fans will be watching on with interest at how his career plays out.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/how-is-luca-de-la-torre-getting-on-ever-since-leaving-fulham/

WhiteJC

Mitrovic named Championship player of the month

Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has been named the Championship player of the month for October.

The in-form Serbian international scored eight goals in four games as Marco Silva's side responded impressively to the disappointing defeat by Coventry to finish the month with four wins in a row. The 27 year old has notched up an incredible twenty goals in seventeen games so far this season.

Mitrovic told Fulham's official website: "I have a lot of quality around me in this team, a lot of creative players who make a lot of chances for me, so I have to thank them for helping me to score as many goals as I did in October. Thank you also to the manager for his trust in me, and the fans for their support. It is a nice award to win, but the most pleasing thing was that we also won lots of games."

Marco Silva also added his congratulations to his prolific goalscorer:

"Aleksandar has been in great goal scoring form and deserves this award for October. His goals are a consequence of the team's work and he acknowledges the contribution of his teammates. As well as scoring goals, Aleksandar has been working hard in training to assist the team with his all-round play."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/11/mitrovic-named-championship-player-of-the-month/

WhiteJC

Barcelona make first move for Fulham star as Real Madrid, Chelsea and Liverpool also circle

Barcelona have submitted an offer to rising Fulham star Fabio Carvalho as they aim to beat off the competition for the attacker's signature, according to journalist Ekrem Konur.

Carvalho has emerged as one of the most in-demand young talents in Europe over the course of the first few months of the campaign thanks to his impressive emergence on the scene for Fulham.

That had seen the 19-year-old fire home three goals in his opening five Championship appearances before an injury kept him out of action until the end of October.

Fulham's chances of keeping hold of Carvalho in the long-term are not being helped by his current contract situation at Craven Cottage. It has been reported that despite their efforts, the 19-year-old is no nearer to committing his long-term future to the club and that might mean a departure looms.

Football League World revealed back in September that Barcelona were amongst the sides to be monitoring the attacker's situation at Fulham ahead of a potential move for him.

While there have been reports from TEAMtalk that both Chelsea and Liverpool are also in the mix of teams that are aiming to try and secure his signature.

The latest update from Konur on his personal Twitter account reveals that Barcelona are now thought to have made an offer to Carvalho. While he also added that Real Madrid are also still in the race to try and secure a move for the attacker.

The verdict

It is now looking even more unlikely that Fulham will be able to convince Carvalho to sign a new deal now because if Barcelona have made him an actual offer then it is going to give the 19-year-old a major headache over what he should do.

Barcelona might be enduring a difficult period at the moment on and off the field, but the fact remains that they are one of the largest clubs in the world and are famed for their development of bright young talents such as Carvalho. Therefore, it would be very difficult for him to turn them down you would imagine if an offer has come his way as reported here.

This move from Barcelona might well speed up the process of Real Madrid, Chelsea and Liverpool as they will now need to move swiftly to rival Barcelona for his signature.

Fulham will hope that they can convince him that his long-term development is best served to play regularly for them, but it would be tough for them to deny him a move to one of Europe's biggest sides.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/barcelona-make-first-move-for-fulham-star-as-real-madrid-chelsea-and-liverpool-also-circle/

WhiteJC

Roy Keane is spotted showing off his acting skills filming a Sky Bet advert outside Fulham's Craven Cottage - with the Manchester United legend displaying his softer side days after a clash with a fan at Old Trafford

Roy Keane is renowned for tough talking in his role as a Sky Sports pundit
    And after Manchester United's loss to Manchester City on Saturday, Keane was filmed bickering with a tetchy supporter at Old Trafford
    But he looked in a far more relaxed mood while filming a Sky advert this week

He may have clashed with a Manchester United supporter last weekend but Roy Keane does have a softer and more polished side - even if it is rarely seen.

Keane was spotted outside Craven Cottage, Fulham's stadium, filming an advert for Sky Bet, who he works for as a pundit and is renowned for his no-nonsense approach.

The legendary United midfielder was spotted chatting away to extras and other people watching on before taking on his acting duties, running down the streets around the Fulham stadium in west London.

Roy Keane was spotted brushing off his acting skills filming a Sky Bet commercial

Keane showed a different side to the no-nonsense approach that he is renowned for on Sky

Keane looked in good spirits, chatting and laughing away with the extras and onlookers while he filmed the advert outside Fulham's Craven Cottage stadium

While it isn't known precisely what role Keane was playing in the advert, the scene around him appeared to recreate a matchday with fans flocking around the stadium shortly before kick-off.

It comes in the aftermath of Keane being filmed arguing with a United supporter after the club's dismal 2-0 defeat against Manchester City at Old Trafford in the Premier League.

The 50-year-old was signing an autograph for a supporter outside Old Trafford when another approached appearing to criticise him.

Keane then responded: 'What am I trying to do? Hang around all day and sign autographs? I've signed autographs!'

The fan then responded: 'Why are you being like that?' to which Keane angrily said with his arms open: 'Like what? Like what? What did I do?'

The former Manchester United midfielder is now best known for his pundit work on Sky Sports

The advert appeared to be recreating the scene of a matchday around Craven Cottage

The supporter jibed: 'An absolute pr***' which angered Keane even more.

The former United midfielder took a couple of steps forward saying: 'Oh, because you've had a few drinks and they (United) got beat you're taking it out on me? What's that got to do with me?

'You've had a few drinks, I can tell. What have you had, two pints? Tell all your mates not to lecture me.'

United are sixth in the Premier League table, five points outside the top four after Saturday's 2-0 defeat by fierce rivals Manchester City.

Their Premier League campaign resumes after the international break on November 20, away against Watford.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10194807/Roy-Keane-spotted-showing-acting-skills-filming-Sky-Sports-advert-Craven-Cottage.html

WhiteJC

Fulham player has taken key decision about his future – Player's wife backs up transfer wish

Following André Zambo Anguissa's loan from Fulham to Napoli in the summer, it didn't take long until the Italian media started saying the midfielder would end up moving on a permanent deal.

The agreement allows the Serie A side to buy the player for around €15m, and after only a few appearances, that was apparently enough to convince them to trigger the clause.

Of course Anguissa's wish is also crucial for the operation to be done, and according to the latest updates from the local media, it seems he's indeed keen on the transfer.

Il Matino (via Area Napoli) today claims that the 25-year-old has made a decision on the future and should sign a long-term contract with Napoli.

One of the main reasons for it is that his wife and children had a good adaptation to Posilipo, and their desire is also stay there.

It's claimed that once Napoli buy Anguissa from Fulham, then he'll sign a three-year contract with the Serie A side, where he'll make €2m per season plus bonuses.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-player-taken-key-decision-future-players-wife-backs-transfer-wish/

WhiteJC

Real Madrid Keeping A Keen Eye On This English Youngster: Should Ancelotti Move In For Him?

In a recent tweet, respected journalist Ekrem Konur claimed that Real Madrid are keeping a keen eye on Fulham youngster Fabio Carvalho. It is understood that Los Blancos are facing competition in the form of Barcelona in pursuit of the English whizkid.

Carvalho's Impressive Numbers At Craven Cottage This Season

Carvalho has enjoyed a good run of form for the Cottagers in the EFL Championship this season as he has been responsible for putting in some dazzling displays for them in the final third. The 19-year-old has registered three goals and one assist in seven matches for the London side so far in this campaign in multiple competitions.

The Fulham youth product has given a good account of himself by averaging 1.9 shots, 1.7 key passes and 1.0 dribbles per 90 minutes in the English Championship. He has even distributed the ball relatively well in the opposition half based on his pass success rate of 80.7% in the English second tier (stats via whoscored).

Should Real Madrid Move In For Carvalho?

Carvalho is a moderately-paced attacking midfielder who can make some exciting runs with the ball towards the opponent's penalty box. He has also got the vision to play a decisive pass in the final third and can even shoot the ball with power and accuracy which makes him a threat from long range. Carvalho primarily operates in the number ten position but can also fill in as a winger on either flank if required.

The Portugal-born youngster is also quite effective at retaining possession for his team but is still quite inexperienced at the highest level. Even then, a playmaker of Carvalho's potential will be a good, long-term acquisition for Los Blancos next year.

We can expect Carvalho to serve as a decent successor to Eden Hazard, who has failed to justify his worth at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium thus far. There is no doubt that the English prospect is good enough to add a few goals and assists to Carlo Ancelotti's frontline. Thus, the Madrid giants should think about moving in for Carvalho when the transfer window commences at the start of next year.

https://the4thofficial.net/2021/11/real-madrid-keeping-a-keen-eye-on-this-english-youngster/

filham

It looks as if Anquissa and Carvalho will not be with us next season but with careful management during the January window we should be able to nicely top up our transfer chest ready to strengthen the team next summer.
No way do we want these two players to leave but it seems inevitable and we must ensure they are not snatched away at low value.