watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ha! Fulham Duo Nearly Hookup for Tally in USA v Jam

Started by WindyCity, November 17, 2021, 05:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Wow!  Antonee Robinson perfectly set up BDR for a sitter!  And of course, BDR sailed it well over the crossbar.  Quite the collaboration.

Sidebar.....For anyone watching that game, I thought AR was very poor.  Way off his game, missed accepting easy passes and such, looked overworked/tired.  I happen to be a fan of his, but quite frankly, I think maybe he should sit out v Barnsley.  Or at the very least come in late.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

WindyCity

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Not that many here watched that game, but that was a poor game of football, particularly from USA.  Dreadful, really.
Although Antonio's goal was a master strike, a real cracker. 

filham

Robinson now has a long journey home and a time adjustment to make. How on earth does his manager decide whether or not to play him in a couple of days time.
I think if I was manager and with Bryan available I would take no chances and rest Robinson.

MikeTheCubed

Denver Fulham

Antonee had a rough game in Jamaica. His knockdown to Bobby would have been exquisite if Bobby actually was his national team teammate rather than an opposing striker. Fortunately for us Yanks, Bobby did a Bobby and smashed it miles over from like three yards out. Then Jamaica was absolutely robbed of a late go-ahead goal on a phantom foul. Not the best USA performance, for sure.

Anyway, I'd start Bryan on Saturday.

Forever Fulham

That U.S 2-0 win over Mexico, though, was really special. 

FulhamStu

bencher

Quote from: FulhamStu on November 18, 2021, 08:27:10 AM
Yes, rest Bobby and Jedi

If we can ignore the contract situation, Carvalho looked impressive in the training video. I'd put him in and rest BDR for the weekend.

JimOG

Quote from: bencher on November 18, 2021, 01:05:59 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on November 18, 2021, 08:27:10 AM
Yes, rest Bobby and Jedi

If we can ignore the contract situation, Carvalho looked impressive in the training video. I'd put him in and rest BDR for the weekend.

Yep put him in the zone near Mitro...think he could be just what we need this weekend

bobbo

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on November 18, 2021, 01:58:36 PM
Robinson is better than Bryan
I think they are almost the same each has very different attributes to the game . One isa better crosser/passer,
One has better pace, one gives the ball away more than the other . None of which is a secret you all know which is which.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

WindyCity

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on November 18, 2021, 01:58:36 PM
Robinson is better than Bryan

All things being equal, I would normally choose AR over Bryan.  However, after a rather poor show v Jamaica and all the necessary travel to get back to the UK, I think it might make sense to give him a blow.

Forever Fulham

We'll know in the first 15 minutes if he's satisfactorily recovered  or not. 

RaySmith

Do they not have  facilities to scientifically test them, to determine whether they are   physically tired or not?

Plus they travel first class, etc., aren't  humping heavy cases, then cramped in Economy Class, with a screaming baby next to them!

In my Sunday League league side in the  70's, some of the players would play for another side on the Sunday morning, then turn out for us in a League game in the afternoon - they  recovered fine when we met pre-game in the  pub we played for,  after burger and chips, a couple of fags,  and rehydrating with a pint or two  of cold lager.

All Snowflakes today!!!!:)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on November 19, 2021, 07:32:04 AM
Do they not have  facilities to scientifically test them, to determine whether they are   physically tired or not?

Plus they travel first class, etc., aren't  humping heavy cases, then cramped in Economy Class, with a screaming baby next to them!

In my Sunday League league side in the  70's, some of the players would play for another side on the Sunday morning, then turn out for us in a League game in the afternoon - they  recovered fine when we met pre-game in the  pub we played for,  after burger and chips, a couple of fags,  and rehydrating with a pint or two  of cold lager.

They certainly are snowflakes, a generation of wimps.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

In my Sunday League league side in the  70's, some of the players would play for another side on the Sunday morning, then turn out for us in a League game in the afternoon - they  recovered fine when we met pre-game in the  pub we played for,  after burger and chips, a couple of fags,  and rehydrating with a pint or two  of cold lager.  All Snowflakes today!!!!:)

I do tend to agree with your overall premise.  These guys are well paid and highly skilled professional athletes, with the best training and conditioning available, and they should really be able to play anytime called upon, barring a knock.  That said, my primary reason for 'maybe' holding AR back tomorrow is his inconsistent play, not so much the rigors of first class travel and running around the world to get back to the UK to play.  I like AR and feel he can be a positive asset in the future for FFC, he is young, learning and will get better.  My issue though with him is that he is too inconsistent in his quality of play.  He can have several real good games in a row, and then a real rotter.  And he did play the full 90 in two recent games for his country so might be time for a rest?

Denver Fulham

There is a lot of research on how travel impacts NBA players, despite "traveling first class" or "on charters." Mostly, it involves dehydration/muscles tightening up on flights, time zone changes and lack of good sleep/weird meal times, etc. Part of the reason the scoring was so crazy the summer they did the playoffs "in a bubble" at Disney was there was no travel involved. Everyone was fresher. (Well, that and there weren't fans in the buildings.)

Soccer players aren't 6-foot-9 or whatever, but they experience the same things we all do when we travel. While I salute the Over-70 team mentioned above for their dedication to the sport, it's not quite the same as asking a guy to play two matches for his national team, fly back over five time zones, and be ready to go again for his club three days later.

Mokes

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 19, 2021, 08:46:27 AM

They certainly are snowflakes, a generation of wimps.

The difference is professional play v Sunday league play. Generation has nothing to to with it. Old geezers like to throw out that the back in my day line. But Sunday league shannanigans are no different today. In Sunday league cricket the boys keep an esky behind the stumps.

Professional sports now days with sports science is a little bit different, and the athletes themselves get little to to no say in whether they want to participate in it. It's not like theyre told to have their five a day and Gatorade anymore and that's it.

Modern day footballers are contracted to take part in the programs set out by the nutritionists and sport scientist. They would also get shredded by the fans and media if they didn't. The players aren't people, they're assets now. I'm sure a huge percentage of the players would love to sneak off down to the Mitre for a fish and chips, but they have ridiculous contracts to protect.

Phil Kessel in the NHL is pretty much the only living exception to this rule in modern sports. Even baseball players have the adhere to it now days

bobby01

I cannot remember mark shwartzer ever coming back jaded after his many trips back and forth from Australia. I think he once said he kept himself to uk time whilst he was away to avoid jet lag.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.