more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pele in Tolworth - Fulham vs Santos

Started by RoyTund, November 18, 2021, 08:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyTund

https://medium.com/soccer-stories/pel%C3%A9-in-tolworth-d8cbb5cc29ea

I think they were in town for the game to open the then new Riverside Stand. Made me wonder if they will do something similar for this Riverside Stand.

Woolly Mammoth

Rumour has it Michael Brown is the favourite.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Opening game of the season against Man.U. would do nicely.

70sPimlico

Good thinking re first openents for new stand.

I'd suggest

Atletico
Juve
Santos
Fulham Legends v FFC - (inc, Dempsey, Davis, Davies, Steed, Luis, Louis, Ivor, McBride, VDS etc)

Who I wouldn't want it to be against.

Any of the top 6 in premier (boring)
CFC
Any of the Glasgow teams
Any London team (not worthy)

MickTheBeard

Who ever they get to play at the opening of the new stand,will they open the ticket office to buy tickets or do we go to the opposition's club to buy tickets.There has been no reports on the ground lately, I know a lot of work is internal so it is hard to show,but a little report on progress would be nice,so as we don't start worrying it's another cross rail.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham33

v Rest of the World - All players fees and large percentage of ticket price (ie all profit element) to go to local charities

Rupert

I thought the old Riverside stand was opened against Benfica, hence the Benfica Bar was a standard hospitality option for many years. I was at the Santos game, which I admit I barely recall (I was only a nipper), so I have seen Pele play. That match was more to do with Santos trying to cash in on having Pele on their books, they travelled around playing anyone who would pay the fee they demanded.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

RoyTund

Quote from: Rupert on November 18, 2021, 03:39:48 PM
I thought the old Riverside stand was opened against Benfica, hence the Benfica Bar was a standard hospitality option for many years. I was at the Santos game, which I admit I barely recall (I was only a nipper), so I have seen Pele play. That match was more to do with Santos trying to cash in on having Pele on their books, they travelled around playing anyone who would pay the fee they demanded.

Ah, thank you, I think you are correct on Benfica being the opening game the year before, 72?

SP

Quote from: filham on November 18, 2021, 10:01:22 AM

The worry for me is that there'd be more United fans in the new stand than FFC?

bigalffc

Yes and another world superstar in Eusebio played.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

filham

Quote from: SP on November 18, 2021, 05:19:54 PM

If we are in the Premier league there should be a good demand for seats and it is interesting to speculate how the seats will be allocated among, real fans from the old stand, away supporters and VIP's.

Fernhurst

Ah, thank you, I think you are correct on Benfica being the opening game the year before, 72?

Definitely Benfica, last game I attended with my Dad and Brother.

Very fond memories, just had to attend the last game (vNewcastle) in the Riverside.
Next big ambition is to attend first game in The New Shahid Khan Riverside stand.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SP

Quote from: filham on November 18, 2021, 06:38:03 PM
Quote from: SP on November 18, 2021, 05:19:54 PM

If we are in the Premier league there should be a good demand for seats and it is interesting to speculate how the seats will be allocated among, real fans from the old stand, away supporters and VIP's.

The last premiership season we could attend was weird in the Riverside Stand with perhaps some of the strangest people I've encountered at a game.  Many of them what I suspect were neutrals so perhaps using a firm's season ticket?

Logicalman

Quote from: bigalffc on November 18, 2021, 05:27:20 PM
Yes and another world superstar in Eusebio played.

I was fortunate enough to be at both, like Rupert though, I cannot say I recall so many highlights.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Motspur Park

I have posted this before..... highlights with dodgy music link. I also don't remember much about the game or us playing in red. I do remember Pele's penalty. I used to sit in the Stevenage Rd stand those days and was roughly level with the penalty area at the Putney end.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XVAduuQHsX0

Mr White

F(f)CUK

My brother is standing behind the goal