more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 20/11/21...

Started by WhiteJC, November 20, 2021, 12:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Sky Sports pundit shares score prediction as Fulham host Barnsley

Barnsley perhaps face the most daunting task in the entire EFL at the moment, and that is to travel to Fulham in an attempt to take points back to Yorkshire.

The Tykes will have a new man in the dugout tomorrow, with Poya Asbahi preparing for his first match in charge of the Championship strugglers.

Barnsley are currently four points from second-tier safety, losing eight out of their last eight games.

Whilst The Tykes are desperately struggling at the moment, Fulham are doing quite the opposite.

Marco Silva's side have won their last six matches to bridge a six-point gap between themselves and West Brom in third.

In those six games, The Cottagers have netted 21 times and conceded just the one goal.

David Prutton has predicted in his Sky Sports column that Fulham will run out as 2-0 winners at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

The verdict 

Fulham have fully liked into gear early into this campaign and look like an unstoppable force that could prove to be too much for The Tykes.

It remains to be seen if the international break has halted the momentum they have picked up, but ultimately, they have proven to be quality all over the pitch.

The new manager buzz has been in effect this season, with Steve Cooper seeing instant success with Nottingham Forest, whilst Johnnie Jackson has managed to turn things around at Charlton Athletic.

However, Fulham should have too much for Barnsley here, and it will be no surprise to see Fulham score three or four against The Tykes.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sky-sports-pundit-shares-score-prediction-as-fulham-host-barnsley/

WhiteJC

Tete starts: The predicted Fulham XI to face Barnsley on Saturday

Fulham will be looking to pick up from where they left off before the international break this weekend as Championship action returns to Craven Cottage with Barnsley the visitors.

The Whites had a fantastic run of form between the international break in October and the one that's just gone this month, with them scoring goals aplenty, conceding very few and winning game after game.

Indeed, they'll be hoping that the break we've just had won't kill momentum with them welcoming a Barnsley side hoping to experience a bit of new manager bounce.

Marco Silva should be able to name a strong side for this one, so let's take a look at how it could potentially look now:

Tosin Adarabioyo serves the last match of his three-game ban this weekend so Michael Hector could be in the heart of the defence alongside Tim Ream.

Denis Odoi is also suspended, with him collecting his fifth yellow card of the season last time out against Peterborough United.

The timing isn't too bad, though, as we saw Kenny Tete return to the field against the Posh and he should come into the side at right-back.

Further forwards, Marco Silva again has calls to make with his superb midfield options but it does seem Jean Michael Seri and Harrison Reed are proving fairly hard to budge.

And then, up top, the attacking quartet rather picks itself at the moment with them on fire and Aleksandar Mitrovic continued his form in the international break, pleasingly for Fulham.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/tete-starts-the-predicted-fulham-xi-to-face-barnsley-on-saturday/

WhiteJC

Carlton Morris starts: The predicted Barnsley XI to face Fulham on Saturday

Barnsley are facing a crucial clash against automatic promotion-chasing Fulham as they aim to secure a positive result in front of their new manager Poya Ashbaghi in Joseph Laumann's last game in charge.

The Tykes took their time to make the right appointment to replace Markus Schopp as manager and they have decided to take the gamble of appointing Ashbaghi to take over the reins at Oakwell.

Whilst he arrives with good experiences already in his managerial career working with Sweden's under21s and IFK Gothenburg, he is still only 36-years-old and has never managed in English football before.

Considering Barnsley enter into the game inside the bottom three and four points adrift of safety after their damaging defeat against fellow strugglers Hull City last time out, Ashbaghi can not afford to take too long to settle into his new job with results needing to be picked up to avoid the Tykes getting cut adrift.

A clash with Fulham at Craven Cottage does represent a chance for some players in Barnsley's squad to impress the new manager in what will be the final game in caretaker charge for Laumann. He will be hoping that he can bow out of his short-term spell in charge of the club by upsetting one of the promotion chasers in the Championship.

It will be interesting to see what team Laumann names for his final game in caretaker charge and it is important that he gets the team selection spot on if they are to have a chance of getting a result.

With that in mind, we take a look at the starting XI Barnsley could name at Craven Cottage...

With that in mind, we take a look at the starting line-up Barnsley could name against Fulham...

Laumann is likey to want to stick with the 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 formation that the Tykes have been used to playing during his caretaker spell in charge of the club.

In goal, Bradley Collins is likely to start with him having been an ever-present in their opening 17 matches of the season. He will be aiming to make sure he impresses the new manager and continues to be relied upon between the sticks.

Barnsley have some issues to contend with at the heart of their defence, with Aapo Halme still unavailable and Liam Kitching looking likely to miss out of the game through injury as well.

That means Laumann could go with a back three of Jasper Moon, Mads Juel Andersen and Michael Helik for the Tykes' trip to Fulham. It would provide a chance for the trio to show their worth to the new manager and that they can be relied upon to be Barnsley's back three under him.

In the midfield two, Josh Benson should keep his place in the side having been a decent enough performer for the Tykes since his summer arrival from Burnley. He could be joined in the middle of the park by Claudio Gomes.

On the right-hand side, Callum Brittain is set to miss out on the game due to a one-match ban after he has accumulated five yellow cards in the Championship this season. Callum Styles could come back into the side in the wing-back role he played under Ismael last term. While down the left, Ben Williams is likely to keep his place.

Carlton Morris could be set to make a return to action and it was even suggested that he could be ready to start this game for Barnsley. He could come into the side alongside Aaron Leya Iseka and they will be key to helping provide an extra added goal threat in the final third. Cauley Woodrow would be expected to start up front.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/carlton-morris-starts-the-predicted-barnsley-xi-to-face-fulham-on-saturday/

WhiteJC

Poya Asbaghi sends message to Barnsley fans ahead of trip to Fulham

Poya Asbaghi takes charge of his first Barnsley match this weekend as the Tykes travel south to London to take on high-flying Fulham.

It's been a tough season so far for the men from Oakwell and that has led them to change manager with Markus Schopp lasting just months at the helm of the club.

Asbaghi, then, is tasked with turning their fortunes around this season and getting them up the league table and away from the drop zone, though it will certainly be a tall order trying to get a result at Craven Cottage tomorrow.

New manager bounce has been coined for a reason, though, and the Tykes will be looking to benefit from that in the coming matches, whilst Asbaghi has sent this motivating message to Barnsley fans on Twitter on the eve of his first game in charge:

The Verdict

If the players run through walls for him and get results that is all the fans will want to see, as we saw with Valerien Ismael there last year.

There's still plenty of quality in the Barnsley squad despite their league position and Asbaghi is tasked with helping them realise exactly that – it's going to be fascinating to see how he goes about his business.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/poya-asbaghi-sends-message-to-barnsley-fans-ahead-of-trip-to-fulham/

WhiteJC

Up next: Barnsley (h)

Spirit should be high in the Fulham camp as the Whites prepare to return to Championship action after the international break. Marco Silva's side quickly set aside the disappointment of their limp second-half capitulation at Coventry to win six games in succession at the end of October and consolidate their hold on second place in the table – six points clear of West Brom – with a string of impressive performances. Fulham's adventurous style has been coupled with defensive solidity as Marek Rodak's return in goal has made the side much more miserly, with the Slovakian keeping five clean sheets in a row.

Struggling Barnsley made the decision to part ways with Markus Schopp at the start of November. The Tykes appointed Poya Asbaghi as their new boss on Wednesday, although the former Swedish under-21 head coach will not take charge of the team at Craven Cottage this weekend. Asbaghi, who guided IFK Gothenburg to the Swedish Cup in 2020, will have a watching brief alongside his number two Ferran Sibila in SW6 tomorrow, meaning that Jo Laumann will take charge for a final time, having previously led Barnsley to their only win of the campaign against Derby in his first game a few weeks ago.

Barnsley might be marooned in the Championship relegation zone but they have an excellent recent record against Fulham and don't have to look too far for inspiration ahead of their trip to the capital. Former Fulham forward Cauley Woodrow, who has been wearing the captain's armband for the Reds this term, starred in a 3-0 win over his old club in February 2020 – scoring twice as the Whites were completely outplayed. Barnsley have been handed a real boost in the build-up to this game with Carlton Morris successfully returning to training after missing three months with a serious knee injury. The target man may well line up alongside Woodrow on Saturday.

Homegrown midfielder Callum Styles is pushing for a return to the side, having come off the bench in the disappointing home defeat at the hands of Hull City two weeks ago, whilst Nigerian forward Victor Adeboyejo could also be recalled to the starting eleven. Barnsley will be looking to end the division's second worst away record, having failed to win any of their eight league games on the road so far this season. Both Styles and Laumann, who confirmed during his press conference earlier this week that he will be part of Asbaghi's backroom staff at Oakwell, believe that the unpredictability of the Championship gives them a chance of springing another surprise at Craven Cottage this weekend.

Fulham would do well to heed that warning, especially given how poorly they have adjusted to life after international breaks already this season. They looked leggy and lethargic in a dismal defeat at Blackpool when Silva opted to play Tim Ream and Antonee Robinson merely others after they both featured for the United States in World Cup qualifying. That experience might inform Silva's selection tomorrow, with Robinson and Bobby Decordova-Reid involved in a Kingston qualifier on Wednesday morning. The Fulham boss has options in both positions, with Joe Bryan a well-established alternative at Championship level, and both Tom Cairney and Fabio Carvalho able to deputise in the number ten role and fully fit following injury concerns.

Kenny Tete will make his first start since August after Denis Odoi, who has deputised so impressively for the Dutch international at right back, picked up his fifth booking of the season at Peterborough. Michael Hector is expected to fill in for Tosin Adarabioyo, who serves the final game of his three match suspension following his sending off against West Bromwich Albion, at centre back and there may be the need to rest Jean Michael Seri after the Ivorian midfielder played a full part in two crucial World Cup qualifiers this week. Aleksandar Mitrovic, scorer of that stunning winner for Serbia in Lisbon, remains in blistering form – having scored twenty goals in seventeen Championship outings after heading the decisive goal against the Posh last time out.

It is only natural for minds to begin to wander towards the return of Scott Parker to the Cottage and the prospect of overhauling Bournemouth at the top of the table after such a fine recent run of form. But Silva has already seen how gloriously chaotic the Championship came by and, having spoken about the need to retain humility after the thrashing of Blackburn earlier in the month, will need to assure Fulham approach this fixture with the right attitude. Barnsley might be struggling, but their players now have a new boss to impress, and will regard this assignment as a real opportunity to prove their worth. It won't be the walk in the park that many are anticipating.

MY FULHAM XI (4-2-3-1): Rodak; Tete, Bryan, Hector, Ream; Reed, Cairney; Wilson, Kebano, Carvalho; Mitrovic. Subs: Gazzaniga, Mawson, A. Robinson, Seri, Onomah, Decordova-Reid, Muniz.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/11/up-next-barnsley-h-3/

WhiteJC

Fulham sell out Luton allocation

Fulham have sold out their allocation of tickets for December's trip to Luton Town within two and a half hours.

Tickets for the clash at Kenilworth Road went on sale this morning at 10am and the club tweeted this afternoon that the entire 1,032 allocation had been snapped up.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/11/fulham-sell-out-luton-allocation/

WhiteJC

Mitrovic: Scoring Serbia winner was 'best day of my career'

Aleksandar Mitrovic admitted that scoring Serbia's winner in Portugal to secure World Cup qualification was 'the best day of my football career for sure'.

The Fulham striker told FFCTV that the emotion of his extraordinary achievement and what it means for his homeland is still with him even days afterwards:

"It was an amazing night. The best day of my football career for sure and a big night for the whole country. It was amazing and something that hasn't happened for a long time. It is a dream come true. I still feel the buzz – you kind of don't believe what happened. To beat Portugal away – they don't lose at home in seven or eight years – to win the game in the way that we win, we were dominant in every aspect of the game. I've been in the World Cup before but the way that we played in this qualification, the way that we earned qualification was amazing. To be honest, in Serbia the feeling is like we won the World Cup now!

Mitrovic also reflected on the turnaround almost a year to the day since his penalty shoot-out miss against Scotland meant Serbia missed out on a place at the European Championships. He spoke of his pride at how he has recovered from a difficult year for both club and country.

"It is exactly one year. It has been an amazing year. Football again proves us wrong and that's life. Through life and in your career, you have some tough periods. You decide how it is going to be: you are going to give up, or keep going and keep working hard. I never give up, it was a tough year for me not just internationally but at club level, I keep my head up, keep working hard, never give up and this year is payback. It is an amazing year. I am really proud that I keep going and that everything now is like a dream."

The Fulham centre forward revealed that his club head coach, Marco Silva, was at the Estadio de Luz, but had left before Mitrovic dramatically denied Portugal automatic qualification.

They sing the song as well. It was a couple of thousand people, 60,000 Portuguese fans and they were more noisy than the Portuguese fans. They are amazing fans, they follow us everywhere we go. It was amazing to have fans there, to hear them keep pushing us and it was an amazing night for all of us.

"He was at the game. He told me he left the stadium a little bit before the goal because of the traffic. He's calm. We speak a little bit more about how we saw the game – everybody saw that we were better and we deserved to win. We speak a little bit, but it is new challenges ahead and we have to focus on Saturday."

A modest Mitrovic reaffirmed his pleasure at his own remarkable goalscoring exploits – he has scored 20 goals in seventeen league appearances so far this season – but insisted Fulham's league position remains the most important thing.

I'm happy. I'm doing my job and everybody around me is doing their job and that makes it easier for me. I have good players around me who are trying to find me every second on the pitch. I have do my job, to be focused and I know the chances will come so when the chance comes I have to be focused to put the ball in the net. If the team plays well, creating chances the goals will come. We are playing good offensive football, we have a good manager who wants to dominate every game, we want to create chances and score goals. We have scored so many goals as well so I think I am scoring goals this is just the reward for the hard work, dedication and time that we put it in as a team during training sessions.

The Serbian striker reiterated that Fulham's fine form in October will count for nothing if they don't continue to perform well after the international break.

"We have to continue like this, to be honest. We have two home games now, some tough games and a tough period with a lot of games in a short period. We want to keep winning games and in the Championship we don't have any time to celebrate. We have to keep going, have the right mentality and that is what we are trying to do. There are no easy games. We have to be 100%. Barnsley is a tough team for us, last time we were in the Championship they gave us a hard time. We are ready, we know what to expect and we want to win that game."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/11/mitrovic-scoring-serbia-winner-was-best-day-of-my-career/

WhiteJC

McAvoy extends Wealdstone loan until January

Fulham defender Connor McAvoy will remain with Wealdstone until January after the National League outfit extended his loan this afternoon.

The teenage centre half initially moved to the Stones on a month's loan in October but Wealdstone manager Stuart Maynard moved quickly to keep hold of the Scottish youth international after McAvoy's excellent start at Grosvenor Vale.

Maynard told Wealdstone's official website: "Connor's come in and has been a revelation. You all saw from that tackle at Barnet last weekend that effectively won us the game. He will have a real chance to contribute across a busy festive period. We're delight to keep him on board and thank Fulham for their continual work they do with us."

McAvoy enjoyed a dream debut when he scored his first senior goal at Weymouth and has helped a resolute Wealdstone defence keep clean sheets against Grimsby and Barnet.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/11/mcavoy-extends-wealdstone-loan-until-january/

WhiteJC

Stansfield undergoes knee surgery

Jay Stansfield has undergone knee surgery and will be out 'for a few weeks', according to Fulham head coach Marco Silva.

The teenage striker, who scored his first senior goal with a stunning strike at Birmingham City in the League Cup in August, has been in brilliant form for Fulham's youth sides this season. He scored three goals in five appearances for Fulham's under 23s, who currently lead the second division table by seven points, as well as featuring for the under 18 side earlier in the campaign. Stansfield received a call-up for England's under 20 side, for whom he scored against the Czech Republic in the Elite League last month, but now faces a significant spell on the sidelines.

The nineteen year old, signed from Exeter City's academy in August 2019, has already battled back from ankle surgery, which kept him sidelined for five months last year. Silva revealed during his pre-match press conference this afternoon that his promising striker picked up the injury in training at Motspur Park earlier this week:

"We have a situation with Jay. Two days ago he got an injury. He had surgery on his knee yesterday and he will be out for a few weeks."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/11/stansfield-undergoes-knee-surgery/

WhiteJC

Pre-Barnsley Press Conference

Marco Silva provided an insight into Aleksandar Mitrović's state of mind after his heroics on international duty.

Almost a year to the day after missing a penalty in Serbia's European Championship Play-Off shoot-out with Scotland, Mitro popped up with a 90th minute winner against Portugal to book his nation's place at the 2022 World Cup.

"As you'd expect, he's in a good place," Silva said in Friday's pre-Barnsley press conference. "He's in a special place, he's in a very good mood with very high confidence, and all of us congratulate him.

"Everyone remembers what happened one year ago, and that's football. When you have bad moments, if you do things right and people keep believing in you, and if you keep working hard, things can change.

"I think he's a good example for everyone, to think that when you're in a bad place, if you have the quality and desire, the commitment and the confidence, and if the people around you support you, then things can change.

"Mitro is a good example of how in 12 months, everything can change, and he deserves this moment in his career.

"But he knows that I believe he can do more and more and more, and I know that he wants to do more."

Barnsley come to Craven Cottage on Saturday having this week appointed a new Head Coach in Poya Asbaghi.

The former Sweden Under-21 boss will not be in charge for the match, but Silva insists his side will be concentrating on their own game, regardless of who's in the opposition dugout.

"The main focus for us will be ourselves," he explained. "We know that they changed the manager, who will possibly be in the stands at the game. We don't know but that's not the important thing for us.

"As always, we analysed some moments from them and some of their games, but the main thing is always to focus on ourselves. There are some things that we've worked on, the players go into the match knowing everything they should do.

"For me and my players, we know that the next one is always the most important game for us. Always, always, always.

"Tomorrow's match is very important. I'm not saying that it will be more important than Peterborough, or be more important than the next one, but it's really, really important for us to play with 100% focus, to start the game really strongly.

"For us it doesn't matter if they come from a good result or not, we still respect them as a club. As always, we look to ourselves and what we can do in the game."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/november/19/pre-barnsley-press-conference/

WhiteJC

Barnsley Matchday Preview

Fulham v Barnsley | Saturday 20th November 2021 | 3pm | Craven Cottage | #FULBAR

The opposition

Barnsley's start to the season was underwhelming but not a disaster. They only won once in their opening eight matches, but were hard to beat as well, losing just twice in that time.
    But then a run of seven consecutive losses, in which time they scored just four goals, cost Markus Schopp his job as head coach.
    The Tykes this week announced Sweden Under-21 boss Poya Asbaghi as Schopp's successor, though caretaker Jo Laumann – who has overseen a win and a defeat in his two games in temporary charge – will remain in the dugout at Craven Cottage.

Fulham team news

Tosin sits out the final game of his ban, while Denis Odoi is also suspended having picked up a fifth booking of the season in our win over Peterborough United. Ivan Cavaleiro and Nathaniel Chalobah are in the final stages of their recovery, but Jay Stansfield had knee surgery this week and is set for a spell on the sidelines.

Barnsley team news

Striker Carlton Morris could be in line for a first appearance since mid-August after recovering from a knee injury, but Liam Kitching and Aapo Halme are set to miss out, as is Callum Brittain who serves a one-game ban having accrued five yellow cards.

Tickets

Fans can still purchase General Sale tickets for this match.

Arrive early

Make sure you get to the Cottage in plenty of time to enjoy our early bird refreshment offers. Available until half an hour before kick-off – as will be the case at every home game this season – fans can take advantage of subsidised prices on a number of food, alcoholic and soft drink items.

FFCtv

Overseas supporters will be able to watch a live stream of the game with a match pass on FFCtv. Domestic subscribers can listen to live commentary from Gentleman Jim, Jamie Reid, and Sean Davis.

Virtual mascots

The boys will be supported virtually by mascots Thomas, Jack and Henry on Saturday.

Form

Fulham: WWWWW

Barnsley: LLLWL

Player insight

Aleksandar Mitrović is reading nothing into Barnsley's recent form, anticipating a tough test against a side who did the double over Fulham in 2019/20.

"In the Championship it doesn't matter who you play," he told FFCtv. "We saw in the Peterborough game that there are no easy games, there are no easy opponents. We have to be 100% ready for every opponent.

"Barnsley is a tough team for us, last time we were in the Championship they gave us a hard time. But we're ready, we know what to expect, and we want to win the game, that's no secret."

Pre-match quotes

"For us it doesn't matter if they come from a good result or not, we still respect them as a club. As always, we look to ourselves and what we can do in the game."

Marco Silva
Fulham Head Coach

"They're an exceptional team. They are full of experienced, Premier League talent. But these are the games we look forward to playing in, in front of a big crowd in a great stadium against an in-form side."

Jo Laumann
Barnsley Assistant Coach

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/november/19/barnsley-matchday-preview/

WhiteJC

Mitrovic is 'in a special place,' says Silva

Marco Silva says in-form striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is in the form of his life after scoring the goal that sent Serbia to the World Cup last week.

The Fulham boss, who watched Serbia's decisive tie against his native Portugal last weekend, told his pre-match press conference that Mitrovic is full of confidence after scoring twenty goals in seventeen Championship appearances this season.

"As you'd expect, he's in a good place. He's in a special place, he's in a very good mood with very high confidence, and all of us congratulate him. Everyone remembers what happened one year ago, and that's football. When you have bad moments, if you do things right and people keep believing in you, and if you keep working hard, things can change.

I think he's a good example for everyone, to think that when you're in a bad place, if you have the quality and desire, the commitment and the confidence, and if the people around you support you, then things can change. Mitro is a good example of how in 12 months, everything can change, and he deserves this moment in his career. But he knows that I believe he can do more and more and more, and I know that he wants to do more."

Silva certainly won't be taking Barnsley for granted tomorrow – even if new manager Poya Asbaghi won't take charge of the Tykes formally until Monday.

"The main focus for us will be ourselves. We know that they changed the manager, who will possibly be in the stands at the game. We don't know but that's not the important thing for us. As always, we analysed some moments from them and some of their games, but the main thing is always to focus on ourselves. There are some things that we've worked on, the players go into the match knowing everything they should do. For us it doesn't matter if they come from a good result or not, we still respect them as a club. As always, we look to ourselves and what we can do in the game."

"For me and my players, we know that the next one is always the most important game for us. Always, always, always. Tomorrow's match is very important. I'm not saying that it will be more important than Peterborough, or be more important than the next one, but it's really, really important for us to play with 100% focus, to start the game really strongly."

Silva confirmed that Ivan Cavaleiro and Nathaniel Chalobah will miss the Barnsley game through injury. Chalobah has returned to training following a calf injury but will not be risked tomorrow, whilst Cavaleiro could be in contention to feature at Preston next weekend.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/11/mitrovic-is-in-a-special-place-says-silva/

WhiteJC

'A revelation' – Fulham starlet Connor McAvoy extends National League loan amid strong form

Fulham starlet Connor McAvoy has drawn high praise after it was confirmed his loan spell with Wealdstone has been extended.

McAvoy, 19, linked up with Wealdstone last month in a bid to pick up senior experience away from Fulham.

EFL clubs are able to send players on loan to non-league sides as teams outside the Football League don't have to abide by the given transfer windows. It gives young Football League talents the chance to head out on loan and test themselves in senior football, which is exactly what Connor McAvoy has done.

Now, it has emerged that McAvoy's loan spell with National League side Wealdstone has been extended.

McAvoy's loan club confirmed the extension on Friday, meaning the Fulham youngster will remain until the start of January.

It comes after a successful start to life with the Stones. The Scottish youth international scored on his debut, coming in a 1-1 draw with Weymouth. Since then, he has remained a part of Stuart Maynard's starting XI, helping keep clean sheets in big wins over Grimsby Town and Barnet.

Earning high praise
Upon the confirmation of his loan extension, Wealdstone boss Maynard was full of praise for Fulham loan man McAvoy.

He was labelled a "revelation" by his boss, saying:

"Connor's come in and has been a revelation. You all saw from that tackle at Barnet last weekend that effectively won us the game.

"He will have a real chance to contribute across a busy festive period. We're delighted to keep him on board and thank Fulham for their continual work they do with us."

What now for McAvoy?
McAvoy will now be looking to maintain his spot in Maynard's side into the festive period, something that seems highly likely given the Wealdstone boss' recent praise for the Fulham man.

Continued strong performances will surely catch the eyes of Marco Silva and co back at Craven Cottage, so it will be interesting to see how his situation at Fulham pans out once his loan spell comes to an end in January.

https://the72.co.uk/255863/a-revelation-fulham-starlet-connor-mcavoy-extends-national-league-loan-amid-strong-form/

WhiteJC

Limited Availability: Barnsley Tickets

Don't miss tomorrow's match against Barnsley - with ticket availablity at Craven Cottage limited!

Fulham return to action on Saturday and Marco Silva's side will be looking to pick up from where they left off, after a number of impressive performances and results before the international break.

Fans are reminded that up until 30 minutes prior to kick-off a number of early bird offers are available on food and drink around Craven Cottage. Gates open at 1:30pm.

Secure your seat before Saturday and save, with all adult and concession prices increasing by £5 on matchday.
STAND    BLOCK    ADULT    18-21 & 65+    JUNIOR
Hammersmith    All Blocks    £30    £25    £15
Putney Home    P1, P2, P3, P4    £30    £25    £15
Johnny Haynes    E, EL, F, FL    £45    £40    £25
Johnny Haynes    Remaining Blocks    £35    £30    £15

All adult and concession prices increase by £5 on matchday.
£2 discount on above prices for Restricted view seats. Adult members receive a £5 discount on the above ticket prices for an Adult Ticket, £2 discount for a 65+/ 18-21 Ticket, applies to 1 ticket per member per game.

Join us at Craven Cottage - buy online anytime at tickets.fulhamfc.com, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (9am-5pm) or in person at the Fulham Ticket Office, open from 9:30am on Saturday 20th November.

Please note, supporters will need to ensure they are logged in to their OneFulham Account and have linked their ticketing account in order to purchase online. For more information on the OneFulham Account, please click here.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/november/19/limited-availability--barnsley-tickets/

WhiteJC

Jasper reflects on Bulgaria under-21 duty

Sylvester Jasper enjoyed every minute of his international duty with the Bulgarian under-21s this week and is now concentrating on knuckling down at Colchester United in order to earn another call-up.

The Fulham winger, on loan at League Two Colchester, qualifies for Bulgaria as his mother was born there and admits that the early questions from his new team-mates were all about former Fulham forward Dimitar Berbatov.

"They were all asking me 'have I met Berbatov?' Berbatov is an icon in Bulgaria, so everything he's done, I kind of know about. I haven't met him yet but it would be nice and he was a great footballer."

Jasper feels the exposure to international football will only help him go as a footballer – and adds to his progression having impressed on loan with the U's.

"It was very enjoyable. It's a different environment and a different experience to football here at Colchester. You're playing with players from all over Europe and different styles of play but I really enjoyed it. Some of the lads are in Bulgaria but there are also quite a few who play abroad, like in Germany and around Europe.

Being in a different environment with different kind of coaching and a different way of playing, you can implement it in your own game and that can only benefit you. I feel like I represented Colchester and myself well, so I'm happy. Playing for your country is a proud moment. Playing at the Euros and the World Cup are two of my dreams, so hopefully I can do that."

The teenage winger, who has made sixteen appearances during his loan spell so far, is now concentrating on continuing his excellent club form – starting with the trip to Stevenage tomorrow.

"I feel like I'm probably in one of my best patches of form, since I've been here. I feel like I'm playing more regularly which is a big thing and I'm playing well, affecting games and scoring goals. I want to keep doing that and I have to keep my head grounded and have tunnel vision.

"I just have to keep doing what I'm doing. The AFC Sudbury game was on TV so I know a lot of people would have been watching it. It was good to make a good first impression to a lot of people who maybe haven't seen me play. As long as I'm helping the team and the club do well, along with helping myself and my development, I'm happy."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/11/jasper-reflects-on-bulgaria-under-21-duty/

WhiteJC

Watch Fulham v Barnsley Overseas!

Fulham v Barnsley is available to watch live on FFCtv for supporters outside the UK & Ireland.
Enjoy coverage from Craven Cottage as Fulham return from the November international break, with supporters overseas able to pick up a one-off Fulham v Barnsley Match Pass for just £10.

Coverage on Saturday 20th November begins at 2:30pm with Ivan Berry hosting your pre-match show alongside Gentleman Jim and Fulham legend Sean Davis, before kick-off at 3pm.

Complete with commentary, multi-camera coverage and replays, for supporters outside the UK & Ireland, the 21/22 Season International Live Video Pass also remains available to purchase for £170.

Please note, an FFCtv monthly or 21/22 FFCtv Season Pass (Worldwide - Excludes Live Video) pass will not provide access to watch this match.

FOLLOW THE ACTION ON THE MATCH CENTRE & APP

Live video and live audio commentary is available for this match.

To watch or listen live, fans must have an active FFCtv subscription with the correct entitlements, as well as be logged in to their OneFulham Account.

Supporters can watch or listen from the Fulham v Barnsley Match Centre on desktop/laptop, at tv.fulhamfc.com or via the Official Fulham FC App.

For matchday support, visit our streaming guide or FAQs, or contact [email protected]

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/november/19/watch-fulham-barnsley-overseas/

WhiteJC

Fulham U23s put three past Stoke

Fulham's under 23s were made to wait for their seventh successive win – but three late goals for Steve Wigley's side secured victory over Stoke City at Motspur Park tonight.

The young Potters side battled valiantly having had Daniel Malone sent off for a horrid lunge at Adrion Pajaziti but were eventually beaten as Fulham made their numerical advantage count in the final quarter of an intriguing contest. Idris Odutayo broke the deadlock with seventeen minutes to play – heading home his first goal of the season from a fine Marlon Fossey cross. Terry Ablade doubled the lead five minutes later with a splendid volley before substitute Luke Harris added a third in stoppage time.

Wigley rung the changes after the international break with Damien Las making his first under-23 start of the campaign and bringing back Ablade and Ollie O'Neill, who scored a dramatic winner on his debut for the Republic of Ireland's under 21s on his international debut. Fulham began patiently with Kieron Bowie going close with a rasping drive before Ibrahima Sy headed straight at Las after a lovely Stoke counter-attack.

But Stoke's hopes of troubling the league leaders further were seriously diminished when Malone received his marching orders ten minutes before half time for a rash challenge on Pajaziti. England youth international Emre Tezgel almost gave the visitors a shock lead when he slotted wide of goal after bursting clear of the Fulham back line. Bowie almost gave the young Whites a half-time advantage but his audacious long-range effort crashed against the crossbar.

Fulham were in the ascendancy early in the second half with a speculative Pajaziti drive flying off target and O'Neill was denied by a brave block from Lewis Macari. The lively Ablade, preferred to Jean-Pierre Tiehi in the starting line-up, then drove wide after racing away from the Stoke defence as the hosts still toiled for the breakthrough. Just when it looked like being a frustrating evening, centre half Odutayo popped up at the far post to power home Fossey's floated ball in and give Fulham a priceless advantage.

That seemed to sap the spirit from the Stoke side. Ablade volleyed majestically past Nathan Broome after excellent work down the left from Ziyad Larkeche and Harris, who replaced Bowie midway through the second half, rounded off the scoring in added time by emphatically firing home. The victory means that Wigley's in-form side are now ten points clear at the top of the table.

FULHAM UNDER 23s (4-2-3-1): Las; Fossey, Larkeche, C. Robinson, Odutayo; Sessegnon, Pajaziti (Dibley-Dias 86); Hilton, Bowie (Harris 66), O'Neill; Ablade (Tiehi 82). Subs (not used): Allen, Araujo.

GOALS: Odutayo (73), Ablade (78), Harris (90+2).

STOKE CITY UNDER 23s (4-4-1-1): Broome; Jones, Coates, Okagbue, Macari; Malone, Jarrett, Goodwin, James-Taylor; Sy; Tezgel (McCarthy 77). Subs (not used): Hemfrey, Roney, Baker, Cargill.

REFEREE: Tom Bishop.

SENT OFF: Malone (35).

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/11/fulham-u23s-put-three-past-stoke/

WhiteJC

Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa & David Ospina Have Returned To Naples Ahead Of Inter Clash, Italian Media Report

Two important Napoli players have returned to Italy after their commitments for the national teams ahead of the clash against Inter on Sunday, according to a report in the Italian media.

As has been reported by FCInternews, Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa and goalkeeper David Ospina are back in Naples after featuring for Cameroon and Colombia respectively.

The Cameroonian midfielder has been a surprise package in Serie A this season after his loan move to Napoli from Fulham who until this season were a Premier League side.

His combative presence in the midfield has been a key part of Napoli's success so far and Luciano Spalletti will be very pleased to have him fit and available to face Inter on Sunday evening.

The only casualty from the international break for Napoli is an injury to Adam Ounas who is not an integral member of the Azzurri side. Inter have not fared so well.

https://sempreinter.com/2021/11/19/andre-frank-zambo-anguissa-david-ospina-have-returned-to-naples-ahead-of-inter-clash-italian-media-report/

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Barnsley Preview: xT creation zones, positional attacks and more – what do the stats say?

Fulham head into Saturday's fixture with Barnsley looking to extend their winning streak in the Championship to seven matches. The Tykes will not have new boss Poya Asbaghi in charge until next week but will be eager to reduce the deficit to safety with an unlikely result at Craven Cottage.

Fulham are currently second in the league, with a win potentially taking them to the top of the table. Marco Silva's side have been in incredible form of late, having won their last six league games. They will look to continue their form with a win against Barnsley this weekend.

Aleksander Mitrovic has been their most impressive player this season. Only 17 games into the season, the Serbian international has already scored 20 goals and provided five assists. With his current form, he's on course to break the record for the most Championship goals scored in a season. He doesn't look like slowing down either. Mitrovic has scored in each of the last six games, with a total goal tally of 11 goals in that period.

The Fulham team was creative from the wider side and especially from the left. They had more threat creation zones on the left side and were more effective in attacking from this side of the pitch. Neeskens Kebano created the highest threat from passes and his passing accuracy was 85%. They also scored their goal from the left side of the penalty area.

Barnsley, on the other hand, have not been able to get into their stride this season. They have only won one of their last 15 league games and are currently 23rd in the table. It will be a huge ask for them to take anything away from the game against Fulham on Saturday.

Despite being second last on the table, Barnsley have a high number of positional attacks in the league. They have attempted 28.39 positional attacks, which indicates they have not been completely reliant on set pieces for their attacks in the game. A positional attack is when the team attacks the opposition goal from open play, which means building-up play and not a counterattack.

Barnsley did lose their last game to Hull, but the attacks they constructed were from the right flank, and Callum Brittain had the highest xT from his passes. Barnsley have failed to create enough chances and be effective in front of the goal. They have scored only 12 goals this season which is the second-lowest tally in the league.

It's hard to see Barnsley picking up any points from this game, given the form that the two sides are in. Marco Silva's side should have enough firepower to easily get past their opponents on Saturday.

Fulham predicted starting lineup:
Rodak, Tete, Hector, Ream, Robinson, Seri, Reed; Wilson, Decordova-Reid, Kebano, Mitrovic.

Barnsley predicted starting lineup:
Collins, Andersen, Helik, Kitching, Brittain, Styles, Benson, Williams, Adeboyejo, Woodrow, Iseka.

https://eflanalysis.com/analysis/efl-championship-preview-fulham-vs-barnsley

WhiteJC