watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Is it April the 1st?

Started by bog, November 24, 2021, 09:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Apparently talks are being held to lengthen half times from 15minutes 25. This too allow for halftime entertainment like the so called Super Bowl.   :doh: As far as I am concerned they can p*** off!

092.gif

filham

No thanks we have paid to watch 90 minutes football and we don't want that to be interupted by dancing girls or animal acts at half time.

Holders

What rot! They'll be proposing splitting games into four quarters for advert breaks next.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

blingo

That would be the beginning of the end of football as we know it.

Kent Cassandra

Mick, I am sure you remember when brass bands used to march up and down the field at half time?
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

We Are Premier League

I don't mind an extra 10 min to have enought time for a p*ss, a drink and a quick chat. Always rusing around with q's and trying to get back on time.

A bit of extra revenue for the clubs as well...I could not care less if there is a half time show or nor, as i wont be watching it.

Southdowns White

It still won't be enough time for those clowns who already take 25 minutes for half time, leaving their seats up to 10 minutes before half time and returning at no specific time sometime during the second half!

bog

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on November 24, 2021, 11:27:21 AM
Mick, I am sure you remember when brass bands used to march up and down the field at half time?

Oh yes! And that was all inside 10minutes! The players used to come out and walk between them. I bet Tosh joined in at the back!

Hope all is well.  049:gif

Sgt Fulham

It's the lack of backlash from these little changes that are allowing corruption and greed to ruin our game. This must be resisted in the same way that the Super League was, and any other stupid attempt to change football for the benefit only of corporations.

H4usuallysitting

I've just noticed, the World Cup is in December....will they play the game in quarters (water breaks & advertising) and have a 25 minute break at half time...sounds very fair to me....Im sure the advertising is about saving the planet......what did someone once say..."if the planet is a bank - they would of saved it by now"

bog

I think they want to make the FA Cup final like the Super Bowl. Er no thanks.  :doh: :031:

092.gif 

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: bog on November 24, 2021, 01:07:58 PM
I think they want to make the FA Cup final like the Super Bowl. Er no thanks.  :doh: :031:

092.gif 

So, they'd turn a 90 minute game into a 4 hour marathon....they should copy cricket & have 5 day's

grandad

Having a segment of an orange on the touchline was good enough for us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

No way would anyone in their right mind would want to copy that load of Cods wallop super bowl. What are the players supposed to do watch Micky Mouse eat hot dogs and cookies and chew gum and talk loud.
A stupid idea based around greed which is the only snake that can never be charmed.
Plus don't they know I have a milk round in the morning so it cannot happen.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Source?

Perhaps it's a league compromise and an attempt to be inventive to create a greater revenue stream for clubs, led by those who wanted to create the breakaway european league... For me it completely defeats the point of competitive football - 25 minutes is far too long, as a player or manager I'd find it hard to believe any one team would want or need that time to have in between halves. It would completely destroy any momentum in the game and end up feel like watching two mini games instead of one.

sunburywhite

Quote from: grandad on November 24, 2021, 04:24:56 PM
Having a segment of an orange on the touchline was good enough for us.

As Rodney Marsh tells the story

The last time I was picked by Alf Ramsey for England we had a team talk before the game and Alf told me we all had to work harder. "Rodney you in particular," he said in his accent. Then he said: "if you don't work hard I'm going to pull you off at half time." And I said: "Christ, at Man City all we get is a cup of tea and an orange."
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

More and more American owners are what is making this a possibility.

bog

Quote from: General on November 24, 2021, 05:19:56 PM
Source?

Perhaps it's a league compromise and an attempt to be inventive to create a greater revenue stream for clubs, led by those who wanted to create the breakaway european league... For me it completely defeats the point of competitive football - 25 minutes is far too long, as a player or manager I'd find it hard to believe any one team would want or need that time to have in between halves. It would completely destroy any momentum in the game and end up feel like watching two mini games instead of one.

The source was an article in the Mail. 'The money spinning idea comes from CONMEBOL, South America's governing body.' The International Football Association meets today and at the end of the meeting this topic is to be 'discussed'. In 2009 FIFA (Blatter) wanted to make the break 20 mins but that was dropped because of fan's back lash. (I don't recall that) Long term I do wonder with the money men in suits mulling over the financial possibilities. That would finish me with football.

092.gif