Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Gentleman

Quote from: JimOG on November 25, 2021, 07:05:06 PM
Quote from: Fulham Gentleman on November 25, 2021, 05:36:14 PM
Quote from: JimOG on November 25, 2021, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: Fulham Gentleman on November 25, 2021, 04:10:54 PM
Quote from: JimOG on November 25, 2021, 01:52:17 PM
Quote from: Fulham Gentleman on November 25, 2021, 09:29:32 AM
Our next fixture is probably the one that I looked forward to the most when the fixture list came out, since I live in Preston and can walk to Deepdale. Plus, it is officially Lancashire Day in the county. However, it is a bit of a tricky one since Preston are having a Fulhamish season. They have beaten Bournemouth on the road, but lost at home to Hull and Cardiff. They do play well against the teams at the upper end of the table, but they look disinterested at other times.They have the foundation of a good side, that with a few added players would really challenge for promotion, but their management structure with Peter Ridsdale in an executive director position make this unlikely. Their style under head coach McAvoy is not a beautiful thing to watch. Preston seem to defend well and tend to set up defensively, but going forward is a bit of a struggle. This makes the side somewhat boring to watch. It will be a difficult match, but hopefully we have the full selection of players back after their illness and we can win the three points.  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

FG where do you live in relation to Deepdale? We used to live on Higher Bank Road near the With Trees pub & I'd walk over Moor Park to the matches (I actually played at Deepdale in goal in an inter-firm match when they had that horrible plastic pitch). Still have fond memories of 30 happy years there

I live in Ashton, not far from Haslam Park.

Nice part of the world (although a decent stride to the ground - you may be fitter than half our team on Saturday. Go early, you might be playing :dft012:

It's only a couple of miles and the parking/traffic near Deepdale is not fun. Are you still in the area? I have lived here for about six years and do not know of other Fulham supporters living nearby.

No emigrated to Ireland in 2004 (I was our Irish scout 2005-06 under John Murtough - whatever happened to him) but we try to get back for an annual visit. It's changed remarkably in that time. The university area is an architectural mess and northern suburbs - Preston Grasshoppers to Goosnagh - is like a completely new town - ah well. Enjoy Saturday

The area north of town is nice, but there are too many housing estates going up. The new university building looks nice in pictures, but it does not fit the area well. It has also created traffic chaos in the construction with the new road layout and undefined pedestrian crossings.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: filham on November 25, 2021, 04:43:56 PM
Quote from: bencher on November 25, 2021, 02:17:35 PM
With the above all said I would take a draw, but I feel a Championship winning team finds a way to win this game. Let's see.
I am happy to finish the season in the second position and right now West Brom need to gain ten points on us to push us down to third. I guess a point from Preston would be satisfactory and then we have six days to re group for the Bournmouth match at the Cottage.

Let's not worry about just going up.
Let's win it,as it will be an honour to be the
Champions,rather than runners up.

AJW48361

Saturday 3 at the Back Tete & Jedi or JB wing backs keep it tight and our quality will hopefully get us through the match.

Jim©

Quote from: AJW48361 on November 26, 2021, 09:18:21 AM
Saturday 3 at the Back Tete & Jedi or JB wing backs keep it tight and our quality will hopefully get us through the match.

After 22 points from a possible 24 points, I think changing the shape of the team would be stupid at best.