watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sniffing Juve

Started by We Are Premier League, November 26, 2021, 11:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

I don't like that Juve are sniffing around Mitro...there is a risk that he will be unhappy with us turning down a big offer from them. Replace Ronaldo up front (next to Dybala), play in the Champions League, challenge for titles every season...Although they do have Morata as well and I don think Mitro would fancy a spot on the bench anywhere, not even in the Champions League.

I can't see us accepting an offer, as they can't afford to pay what he is worth to us, but it could be disruptive.

Deeping_white

He loves living in London and is settled with his family, why would he want to leave and bench warm mid season? If he plays regularly and scores for us then he gets in the Serbia team as a starter rather than being on the bench and that's key for him. He also loves it here and is on the verge of breaking a league record so not sure he'd really want to leave

copthornemike

To be honest any 'top' European club should be 'sniffing around' when it comes to Mitro - whether anything comes of it is another issue!
Every player has a price but for so many reasons with (our current excellent chances of promotion, the continuing important role Mitro is contributing to this, the financial benefits of gaining Premiership membership, a wealthy owner and the long period of the contract) it would have to be truly serious money.
The last time we were in the Championship we might have had cause to be concerned  - not now

fulhamfan

Juve can't afford him anyway

Mullers OG

The opportunity to play for one of the top clubs in the world doesn't come round very often in a player's career.  If there's any truth in this story then Mitro is likely to be interested.  That's not to say he'll go as there are other factors to take into account.  First he's under contract but as we discovered with Saha a contract is not enough of itself to stop the transfer of a player determined to leave.  The second is Mitro himself.  He may think that living in London where his family is settled and for a club and supporters who value him is more important than a move.  However living in Turin might be pretty attractive in itself and playing for Juve even more so.  The third is price.  Fulham would want a very large fee for him.  Whether Juve could pay it is doubtful especially if the rumour is accurate that they regard Mitro as a cheaper alternative to Vlahovic from Fiorentina.

Takemehome27

Quote from: copthornemike on November 26, 2021, 12:18:11 PM
To be honest any 'top' European club should be 'sniffing around' when it comes to Mitro - whether anything comes of it is another issue!
Every player has a price but for so many reasons with (our current excellent chances of promotion, the continuing important role Mitro is contributing to this, the financial benefits of gaining Premiership membership, a wealthy owner and the long period of the contract) it would have to be truly serious money.
The last time we were in the Championship we might have had cause to be concerned  - not now

I couldn't agree with this anymore  :54:

filham

Quote from: Deeping_white on November 26, 2021, 11:42:32 AM
He loves living in London and is settled with his family, why would he want to leave and bench warm mid season? If he plays regularly and scores for us then he gets in the Serbia team as a starter rather than being on the bench and that's key for him. He also loves it here and is on the verge of breaking a league record so not sure he'd really want to leave
Well written, those are the words that we all want to hear and lets hope they prove to be correct.
Unfortunately on the other side of the scales is an opportunity to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world and to get all of the glamour and publicity that goes with it, most players would give a lot of thought to that.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Hes a footballer, they're not often renowned for being loyal. However, I honestly think Mitro has found his home with us. Now he has a manager that hasn't frozen him out, for no real reason, and he's always first name on the team sheet banging in goals like they're going out of fashion, I cant see him going. But its Juve, a club with rich history, champions league etc.

But then we battered them, so technically we're a better side.

Bill2

The price I have seen wouldn't buy his left foot, assuming he is right footed he is also on £100k per week. We would not sell willingly when we are in shouting distance of promotion so they would have to play top dollar and he would have to charge into Marco's office demanding a transfer, which some how I don't think he would.

perry geyton

cottage expat

We should tell them 100 million or go and sniff elsewhere.

MartyFFC

As much as I love Mitro, I never thought I would read the sentence 'replace Ronaldo' in reference to him

Somerset Fulham

Yeah. If the likes of West Ham, Palace or Southampton were to come sniffing we could comfortable fend them off and tell them to do one.

But Juventus? And Turin?

Things get a little more tricky then.

EN1 FFC

Surely Juve want to go for the best striker in the championship .... Solanke.... :005: