watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rooney’s coaching

Started by copthornemike, November 25, 2021, 02:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

Very disappointing not to have got three points last night but praise where praise is due Rooney must be an effective coach, at least defensively speaking. They were under the cosh throughout the 90 minutes yet kept their concentration and defensive formation throughout - reminded me of some of our defensive performances under Woy.
They just might have a chance under Rooney of escaping the drop under Rooney if they can learn to score a couple as well!
One thing I think we can all agree on - it is currently much better to be a FFC supporter at the moment

NJFulham

He's becoming a very good EFL/lower leagues manager.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

blingo

Better than parker or fat fat frank given the restraints and tools he has to work with

Stoneleigh Loyalist

As I said on another thread only three teams have conceded less goals which is remarkable for a bottom (mid table) team. The fact that they have scored two less also tells another story but they have #till only lost five games..
I don't know what it would be like to watch them very week without the distraction of the 21 point deduction.

filham

Yes, the Derby defense was well organised and showed plenty of fighting energy last night, also their attacks on the quick breaks were dangerous. Rooney seems to be doing a good job and it can't be long before he is short listed for the Man. U job which becomes vacant frequently.

Carborundum

Was very impressed with the way his team had a plan, moved the ball quickly and covered.  The young lad at right midfield, Ebosele, has natural ability for sure but what stood out is how he'd been coached what to do, where to be, when to do it.  They won a lot of second balls.  Good gaffership for sure.

General

Don't think one game can make a decision - Rooney has got 22 points this season, without any deductions they'd still be pretty low in the league. I think the result yesterday the more I look and think about it was purely due to the defensive show Derby put on, aided significantly by their two very experienced CBs in Jagielka and Curtis Davies who both played well. On top of which motivating a squad who feel unjustly punished to go out there and give us their best after beating bournemouth would see them high flying.

Looking at the stats and the chances on the various highlight reels, a ball almost entirely over the line and two shots off the post, I think it was just as much their defensive nous and experience coupled with a bit of luck that saw us not come away with a win. There were a lot of timely last minute tackles from them.

Ronnief

Isn't Liam Rosenior his assistant. Liam has impressed me as a coach, will he one day return to Craven Cottage?  092.gif