watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR. Every day a stabbing death

Started by bobbo, November 26, 2021, 09:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The police are doing their best but perhaps more effort is needed by parents to keep children off the streets at night and to certainly not let them leave home with knives.

Fulham Tup North

It's tragic and the fact that the Police are just a target now.... who would be a copper!!
🥺....
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

sunburywhite

I have to be honest and coming from a well off middle class white family, if i was going to nightclubs etc I would probably go tooled up in case of trouble

If the people around me were carrying I certainly wouldnt go in with my trousers round my ankles
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: filham on November 26, 2021, 07:19:34 PM
The police are doing their best but perhaps more effort is needed by parents to keep children off the streets at night and to certainly not let them leave home with knives.

It is 100% down to parenting. Most were probably kids themselves, a high percentage are probably single mums (not all single mums let their kids become like this. My ex being one),. But when drug dealers literally poach primary school kids into selling their drugs, you're going to end up with a society that doesn't give a fig about anyone else.

sunburywhite

Bobby Womack had a great line in one of his songs Across 110th Street
"Pushers dont let the junkie go free"
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ron

Feral behaviour of the young is encouraged by the breakdown of family structure and values. An unpalatable truth for the politically correct brigade to accept. Young boys growing up without a father figure's discipline are attracted to stay out and pick up the gang values and inevitable drug culture which itself uses violence as a day to day fact of life.
Stop and search is avoided by the police in areas where it does most good because of the backlash it generates among those who deny there is a problem. Punishments are too soft.

Drugs, gangs, disrespect for ineffective justice. The future is bleak.

sunburywhite

Quote from: ron on November 26, 2021, 08:34:26 PM
Feral behaviour of the young is encouraged by the breakdown of family structure and values. An unpalatable truth for the politically correct brigade to accept. Young boys growing up without a father figure's discipline are attracted to stay out and pick up the gang values and inevitable drug culture which itself uses violence as a day to day fact of life.
Stop and search is avoided by the police in areas where it does most good because of the backlash it generates among those who deny there is a problem. Punishments are too soft.

Drugs, gangs, disrespect for ineffective justice. The future is bleak.

I agree and disagree
Drugs are seen as an easy way to earn money to a generation who  NOW want everything we saved and scripmed for

Drugs are an easy way to get a flash car

(Again without trying to be racist) most of th issues are inner city issues but the Police are having their hands tied on what they can do and cant do

Twig

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 26, 2021, 05:01:52 PM
The police need to be given more powers. They need to be able to kick a young scrote up the arse if needs be. Everyone is so scared of being sued or offending someone, that they pussyfoot around. Criminals on scooters can't be rammed off the road in case they're injured, why? They've done nothing to warrant respect and care. But they know this, which is why they use them. And now the E scooter things are becoming the same thing.
Prison is too soft as well. Get them working or learning something. Most of them have little self worth, so learning something from their punishment, might prevent them reoffending.

But tests cancer drugs on the paedophiles and rapist. If it works, it helps society, if it doesn't and they die, we've lost nothing.

Hmm I think that's just a tad over the top.

RaySmith

Quote from: bobby01 on November 26, 2021, 04:26:26 PM
This is so different to the England I was born into 70 years ago. One thing that stands out to me is the lack of punishment for crimes. Laws are in place for custodial sentence if you are carrying a knife, not used. Insulate Britain faced jail time if they continued disrupting roads, many arrested and released, no surprise that when the last lot were sentenced the disruption has virtually stopped.
If we have no room in prisons build more, until a time comes where people are punished for the crimes they commit they have no incentive to stop doing it.

True that prisons are overcrowded, and old - while we actually have some of the highest rates of incarceration in the world, and this  is  along with  reductions on new prison building and  prison staff, with the loss of many experienced staff, replaced with inexperienced, poorly paid, private security companies' staff,  with  as well as big police officer  reductions, under 'Austerity' measures of recent years, with many  staff leaving these professions and not being replaced.

I think the reasons for our the increasing violence,  here, are complex -increasing inequality and poverty, breakdown in community values - look at responses to  coronavirus with many  refusing to  wear masks, and the rise of the anti-vax movement- how would people today  have responded during WW2, with the necessary restrictions imposed on the population?

Community values have largely been replaced with dog eat dog selfishness.

I also think that we have gone from 'spoil the rod, spoil the child' of my  day, obviously wrong, but maybe we have gone too far in the other direction now to children increasingly  being free to do what they want, with no proper  parental discipline.

But I think it's only a small proportion of children engaging in this violence, usually from the most disadvantaged sectors of society - how many kids from good, middle class homes  get involved in violent crime?

Just some personal thoughts, and people are free to disagree, but I don't think that there are easy solutions.

TC's Sporran

society has allowed this looking up to gang leaders from as young as 5 as the way a lot of people grow up. to whole communities there is no problem. it is simply how it is. a way of life.

or death.

doing something about it?
never going to happen.
and because knife crime is a mundane every day occurence it wont be before long that its not only in the major cities but everywhere.
if it isnt that way even now.
a solution?
there isnt one, any action would result in riots and unrest.
my nieces boyfriend is in the met stationed in a well known trouble spot.
chatting to him recently he said you wouldnt believe the things people are killed over.

and he said remarkably that often the perpertrators simply dont understand how lethal a knife can be.
one stab often in an act of bravado, if in the right place can kill so easily.
he said most of the time they dont realise this.
i found that hard to believe but he assured me this is often the case.

just like sunburywhite saying he would go tooled up to a nightclub. he wouldnt actually go out intending to kill.
but carrying means you are half a second from being a killer and they dont realise this.
and carrying is sadly now the norm.
thats why killing is the norm.

TC's Sporran

my god what a good mood i bet everyone is in now.......

rebel

This is so sad, those boys should be protecting Ava, that should be their natural instinct. I think for someone to bring a knife, something has been said previously, then Ava has been confronted, that's escalated into her being 'stabbed'. Only speculating.