more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR... Ryan Sess RED card for Spurs....

Started by Fulham Tup North, November 25, 2021, 06:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 26, 2021, 10:06:13 AM
The reason someone like myself cares for him, is the manner and integrity of his departure. He signed a new deal knowing he was likely off soon to ensure the club that nurtured him and gave him his opportunity (which he took amazingly) were fully protected and paid by his signing of the contract. He showed a maturity and sense of loyalty to the club in this respect.

It's a shame more young players don't appreciate this and instead look for the bumper sign on fee their paid for running down their contracts.

I am in total agreement.  :54:

092.gif

junior white

Quote from: Pluto on November 25, 2021, 08:59:01 PM
He should never have gone there. Also they should stop playing him at left back when he can't tackle for love nor money. His best position for us was always as a winger.
In the PL your probably right but in Champions League, Europa League and Europa Conference, silly little tackles like that even with the smallest of contacts are given as fouls and they refs cant wait to get their cards out.

Twig

Quote from: gang on November 26, 2021, 09:36:25 AM
Ex player, playing for Spurs, why the concern?

Err because a lot of us liked him and his family and the fact he left on good terms having done the right thing for FFC?

Andy S

A lot of people on here follow the fortunes of ex players. There is nothing wrong with that. I wish all our ex players luck. Some have gone on to have good careers as well. Some I wish we had kept like Dan Burn. When they say it is not worth having an academy I say it is because every now and then we will find a Sess who will make the club some decent money

Hatch007

He wasn't a flash in the pan.

5 Championship goals in 26 games in his debut season as a 16 yo followed by 16 goals the following season.

The wheels fell off for the entire squad (bar Mitro with his 11 PL goals) the following season which was hardly Sess' fault.

I think Poch' was sacked 7 games into Ryan's Spurs career which is also incredibly unlucky for such a young lad after a high profile, expensive move.

Ryan was class on and off the pitch and a credit to his family. I hope Conte turns around his Tottenham career.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Twig on November 26, 2021, 03:13:12 PM
Quote from: gang on November 26, 2021, 09:36:25 AM
Ex player, playing for Spurs, why the concern?

Err because a lot of us liked him and his family and the fact he left on good terms having done the right thing for FFC?
..and he still likes FFC... and his brother is still with us!!!
A lot of people still have a lot of time for the lad ...
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

perry geyton

Quote from: gang on November 25, 2021, 09:39:47 PM
Quote from: Cambridge Away on November 25, 2021, 09:25:00 PM
Quote from: Pluto on November 25, 2021, 08:59:01 PM
He should never have gone there. Also they should stop playing him at left back when he can't tackle for love nor money. His best position for us was always as a winger.
I'm surprised they signed him for so much when he lost his form at some time during that disastrous Joka/Ranieri season (our plight seemed to disguise his loss of form).

Or maybe he just hit a purple patch in that promotion year? He was ridiculous that year

Hit the nail on the head, it was a flash in the pan playing the right system surrounded by the right players.

Yep agreed he was useless in the premier league
Nice we turned Tottenham over for once though

Fulham 442

Quote from: Hatch007 on November 26, 2021, 05:11:55 PM

5 Championship goals in 26 games in his debut season as a 16 yo followed by 16 goals the following season.

The wheels fell off for the entire squad (bar Mitro with his 11 PL goals) the following season which was hardly Sess' fault.

I think Poch' was sacked 7 games into Ryan's Spurs career which is also incredibly unlucky for such a young lad after a high profile, expensive move.

Ryan was class on and off the pitch and a credit to his family. I hope Conte turns around his Tottenham career.
Spot on. Also Mourinhino getting appointed was disastrous for Sess. Fingers crossed for his future career. I will always wish him well.

MartyFFC

He's a top fella and a great talent; and I for one would love to see him back here

cottage expat

Quote from: Hatch007 on November 26, 2021, 05:11:55 PM

Agree completely. Real talent but the departure of Poch. really set him back.