watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa leaves Sheffield United

Started by Riversider, November 25, 2021, 09:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Yes, let's not speak ill of him.  He was a terrific manager.  He turned it all around. 

Milo

My understanding is that it was another case of false promises by Directors and not being backed in the transfer market, so constantly in dispute with owners.

YankeeJim

Quote from: ffcthereligion on November 25, 2021, 07:13:46 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on November 25, 2021, 05:08:45 PM
There seems to be a fatal flaw in the man. Everywhere he has been, wither successful or not, he seems to leave early. I'd suspect he doesn't play well with management. The operative word just might be stubborn. He sets his team up and refuses to change as he did with us after promotion.

His only flaw was having one of your countrymen dismantling what he built

So your a Citi fan, I see.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

WolverineFFC

With 2 games yet to come against them, this is great news for Fulham. Can't imagine them finding a better manager at the Championship level than they had.

Good luck to Slavisa though. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere better than Sheffield United.

Arthur

Quote from: WindyCity on November 25, 2021, 07:01:52 PM
Quote from: blingo on November 25, 2021, 06:34:05 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on November 25, 2021, 04:55:23 PM
Any interest in bringing him back to CC?  There was a thread here recently saying that Silva has ants in his pants and tends to move around a lot and may move on from FFC next year even with/after a possible promotion to PL.  What you think?
Seriously??????

Seriously Yourself!

All I was doing was asking the question.  I'm not advocating for this, btw.  BUT, he still seems to be a fan favorite in this forum, so I thought I'd try to see how forum members felt.  I know how you feel, thank you.

You may have known you were only 'asking the question', but it's understandable that others reading your first post might presume you are one of those for whom Slav is a big favourite and would be in favour of a return.

Moreover, you've put forward a scenario which, at this point in time, is likely to be rejected by the overwhelming majority of supporters. Not quite as stony ground, perhaps, as asking whether, if we go up again, Silva should take a leaf out of Parker's book and play Cavaleiro as our main striker, but still largely barren territory.

'Seriously?' - without the provocative use of so many question marks - is likely what many of us are thinking.

WindyCity

Quote from: Arthur on November 26, 2021, 01:10:04 PM
Any interest in bringing him back to CC?  There was a thread here recently saying that Silva has ants in his pants and tends to move around a lot and may move on from FFC next year even with/after a possible promotion to PL.  What you think?
Seriously??????
Seriously Yourself!
All I was doing was asking the question.  I'm not advocating for this, btw.  BUT, he still seems to be a fan favorite in this forum, so I thought I'd try to see how forum members felt.  I know how you feel, thank you.
You may have known you were only 'asking the question', but it's understandable that others reading your first post might presume you are one of those for whom Slav is a big favourite and would be in favour of a return.
Moreover, you've put forward a scenario which, at this point in time, is likely to be rejected by the overwhelming majority of supporters. Not quite as stony ground, perhaps, as asking whether, if we go up again, Silva should take a leaf out of Parker's book and play Cavaleiro as our main striker, but still largely barren territory.
'Seriously?' - without the provocative use of so many question marks - is likely what many of us are thinking.

I don't want to get into a pizzing match with anyone here.  Certainly anyone here is free to "interpret" what they're reading in this forum.  I reviewed my initial post, and still see it as an open 'question', and can't understand how anyone could read into it any more than just an inquiry.  As I said, though, open to interpretation, but I still don't see how it could be interpreted any other way.

simplyfulham

Quote from: WindyCity on November 26, 2021, 05:49:58 PM
Seriously??????
Seriously Yourself!

I don't want to get into a pizzing match with anyone here.  Certainly anyone here is free to "interpret" what they're reading in this forum.  I reviewed my initial post, and still see it as an open 'question', and can't understand how anyone could read into it any more than just an inquiry.  As I said, though, open to interpretation, but I still don't see how it could be interpreted any other way.

Anyone who's actually paid attention to English football for longer than 5 mins is probably thinking the same thing as WindyCity here.

Silva is class and is playing some of the best football seen at the cottage for 20 years. But rightly or wrongly, he's seen as having a reputation of jumping at other, more reputable jobs at the first chance.

I'll admit I get a little anxious every time the rumours of a manager getting sacked at a mid to lower table premier league club come around.

Given that his statement about considering a potential future replacement is just sensible.

MartyFFC

Why people are making smug comments about his CV not looking too impressive is beyond me; he took over us when we were at a real low point and without spending much money took us to the PL, with a fantastic brand of football. And 2 PL promotions on his CV isn't too shabby either......... We literally went from being a laughing stock under that buffoon Symons to the playoffs in the blink of an eye.

St Eve

He was a great manager for us and I was upset when he was let go. Obviously not a great fit at Sheffield United, but their loss.

Arthur

Quote from: simplyfulham on November 26, 2021, 09:01:46 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on November 26, 2021, 05:49:58 PM

Anyone who's actually paid attention to English football for longer than 5 mins is probably thinking the same thing as WindyCity here.

Silva is class and is playing some of the best football seen at the cottage for 20 years. But rightly or wrongly, he's seen as having a reputation of jumping at other, more reputable jobs at the first chance.

I'll admit I get a little anxious every time the rumours of a manager getting sacked at a mid to lower table premier league club come around.

Given that his statement about considering a potential future replacement is just sensible.

Thank you both for your responses.

I think the line between interpretation and ambiguity has been crossed.

I took the original question - 'Any interest in bringing Slav back to C.C.?' - to be asking whether supporters would rather Jokanovic were our manager than Silva.

S.F. - Your understanding is different: To you, it is asking whether supporters would want Jokanovic back were Silva to walk out on the Club. Your interpretation may be correct. I don't know. It is, as I said, ambiguous. However, both your response and mine are reasonable in the circumstances, I think.

Therefore, that it's your opinion, S.F., that my knowledge is akin to someone who hasn't 'paid attention to English football for more than 5 minutes' seems, to me, harsh and somewhat misguided. Mind how you go.