Main Menu

That was awful

Started by ChesterTheTabby, November 27, 2021, 02:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimOG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 28, 2021, 08:37:25 AM
Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on November 27, 2021, 08:59:19 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2021, 08:11:52 PM
Both Boscombe and Bournemouth next up and hopefully we will be in better shape come Friday.
It will be a busy week no doubt preparing and conditioning.
Being on Sky Sports also all eyes will be on the match between the top two. A six pointer maybe.
Let us put them to the sword and show who the governors are.
I  expect Sky will make a big fuss with their usual razamataz.
All Fulham need to do is let Bournemouth worry about us and just concentrate on our strengths and strengthen any weaknesses.
I feel that one thing missing both today and Wednesday was somebody to put there foot on the ball, a playmaker.
But whoever the starting 11 are we need to make sure we play at our tempo and ensure they march to the beat of our drum. A win will lay down a marker as well as to continue what is an impressive unbeaten run.
We want to show if we are capable of being Champions elect these are the games we should be winning.

Good post - I would be tempted to bring Cairney in for Reed. Nobody dictates play like Cairney when he is on it. He needs to be fully fit and recovered though.

I agree

Reed stays for me although I wish Chalobah (who he you say) were fit. We need a rock-like defensive midfielder. For me one of Silva's few mistakes is to try to turn Reed into an attacking midfielder. He isn't - doesn't have the skills for that. Putting Cairney in for Reed would leave us badly exposed on the counter. Seri is no DM, witness his feeble tackle attempt against Davis of Derby. We need balance - ball winning ability for which neither Seri nor Cairney are noted

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JimOG on November 28, 2021, 10:46:12 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 28, 2021, 08:37:25 AM
Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on November 27, 2021, 08:59:19 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2021, 08:11:52 PM
Both Boscombe and Bournemouth next up and hopefully we will be in better shape come Friday.
It will be a busy week no doubt preparing and conditioning.
Being on Sky Sports also all eyes will be on the match between the top two. A six pointer maybe.
Let us put them to the sword and show who the governors are.
I  expect Sky will make a big fuss with their usual razamataz.
All Fulham need to do is let Bournemouth worry about us and just concentrate on our strengths and strengthen any weaknesses.
I feel that one thing missing both today and Wednesday was somebody to put there foot on the ball, a playmaker.
But whoever the starting 11 are we need to make sure we play at our tempo and ensure they march to the beat of our drum. A win will lay down a marker as well as to continue what is an impressive unbeaten run.
We want to show if we are capable of being Champions elect these are the games we should be winning.

Good post - I would be tempted to bring Cairney in for Reed. Nobody dictates play like Cairney when he is on it. He needs to be fully fit and recovered though.

I agree

Reed stays for me although I wish Chalobah (who he you say) were fit. We need a rock-like defensive midfielder. For me one of Silva's few mistakes is to try to turn Reed into an attacking midfielder. He isn't - doesn't have the skills for that. Putting Cairney in for Reed would leave us badly exposed on the counter. Seri is no DM, witness his feeble tackle attempt against Davis of Derby. We need balance - ball winning ability for which neither Seri nor Cairney are noted

That maybe so regarding who is the best defensive midfielder, Reed, Chalobah or Seri. However, we are crying out for a player who can put his foot on the ball and create which was glaringly and obviously missing in both matches v Derby and Preston.
So Tom Cairney has to be in there somewhere as a starter. .
Also I have always advocated that we need a big defensive midfield player to cut out the high balls, that is a must, but I like Reed he is always busy and his work rate off the ball is second to none, a real players player.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: LittleErn on November 27, 2021, 03:15:51 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on November 27, 2021, 03:05:06 PM
Didn't see the game but was hoping for something better from Preston now they had got rid of Thugill. But sounds like they haven't will have watch the full 90 to see.

They won nearly all of the 50-50 tackles and were much stronger than us. After the first half-hour they pressed us so well that we rarely got the ball under control at the back. We were reduced to headers out or long punts - giving the ball away in most cases. Too many of our stars had an off day (maybe virus related) at the same time. Mitro was clearly at less than half the pace he has shown previously and should have been off at half-time. Wilson did very little of note. Carvalho was bullied but still created a couple of half chances. Reed's passing was abysmal and Seri was weak in the tackle. Ream and Tosin were dwelling on the ball and giving it away. The subs added nothing. Altogether a poor performance second half.
Exactly as above, plus so many uncharacteristic bad passes.
Can only put it down to the virus.