watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moaning.

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, November 27, 2021, 03:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I'm all for people point their opinion across on the board. But slating the performance today and against Derby is a poor show.
We've taken two points and conceded once in two games, even though our squad has been hammered by the norovirus. Keys players were missing against Derby, and clearly still weren't 100%.
In my opinion, it shows me that our season will be just fine, because we're getting results regardless.

People need to give their heads a wobble and think about how much the virus has taken it out of the players.

Jamie88

I think complaining about the performance against Derby would've been unfair as we were very unlucky and actually played fairly well.

Today, however, you can't deny that we were very very poor. Hopefully as you say it is all just down to the squad having the virus and still recovering from it.

SP

Very true. Nine points plus GD clear of third place is great for me.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Jamie88 on November 27, 2021, 03:41:06 PM
I think complaining about the performance against Derby would've been unfair as we were very unlucky and actually played fairly well.

Today, however, you can't deny that we were very very poor. Hopefully as you say it is all just down to the squad having the virus and still recovering from it.

I think the team are entitled to play poorly after the run we've had, and the runs they've had...

Somerset Fulham

Waiting for the bright spark to go off about a thread moaning about moaning etc as justification for their own whingeing.

Peabody

Well said, some are criticising out of habit" others just haven't got a clue, some are actually criticising aMS over his substitution s. Do they not understand that we have illness ridden squad?

YankeeJim

I wasn't able to watch the match today and is my habit when I can't watch, I go the the game thread  to get a feel for the flow of the game. I know it part of Fulham to expect the worst but reading that thread I kept expecting to read about Preston goals. It seems every player had their worst match ever and the only players not ravished were Rodak and Odai. Odd because Dennis is the usual whipping boy. It kind of takes the joy out of Fulham for me.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Fulham1959

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 27, 2021, 03:58:24 PM
I wasn't able to watch the match today and is my habit when I can't watch, I go the the game thread  to get a feel for the flow of the game. I know it part of Fulham to expect the worst but reading that thread I kept expecting to read about Preston goals. It seems every player had their worst match ever and the only players not ravished were Rodak and Odai. Odd because Dennis is the usual whipping boy. It kind of takes the joy out of Fulham for me.

Agreed.  The match day threads are always an immediate rush-to-judgement, good or bad.  For example, Onomah, today, "should never play again for Fulham" (not a direct quote) after 10 minutes on the pitch.  Talk about fickle, faint-hearted fans !

Lighthouse

Playing below par and still picking up points in this league is good. The fact that fans are far more critical is just the way it is now. The better we as a club the worse the fans become. Cocky and self important and expecting only wins. We have this all the time although I must admit it seems to a bit worse this time around. Every club has the yob element who forget to enjoy the game and only like to see other clubs beaten.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Colton F.C.

We are still top of the Championship.  Rejoice at that news and congratulate the Fulham players and the management team.

Tabby

Poor performance today, thought we looked alright against Derby. Still, nobody else in the top 3 taking advantage. There will be off days, but as long as they're rare I'm happy.

I Ronic

Personally think they lost their way on field and Silva should have been quicker with the subs to regain the composure. Personally would have brought Muniz on for Mitro. That said I'm not sure who on the bench was fit.
Happy to take a point away from home though. Still top and looking forward to Bournemouth at home.

Woolly Mammoth

I can confirm that "moaning" as defined in the English. Oxford, Colin's Dictionary as ..........."To complain Lament or Grieve ".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 27, 2021, 03:36:08 PM
I'm all for people point their opinion across on the board. But slating the performance today and against Derby is a poor show.
We've taken two points and conceded once in two games, even though our squad has been hammered by the norovirus. Keys players were missing against Derby, and clearly still weren't 100%.
In my opinion, it shows me that our season will be just fine, because we're getting results regardless.

People need to give their heads a wobble and think about how much the virus has taken it out of the players.

Completely agree.

FFC1987

perry geyton

Bad day in the office but a good point at the end it f the day

Better raise our game for Friday though and I think we will

Snibbo

When other teams play badly and still get a draw,  they're praised for "grinding out a point"

ALG01

The 'moaning' so called is that we played poorly not that we got a point at a difficult place.
what we all see is that our team was clearly not 100% with it and that has been asigned to a bug in the squad. I happen to think that is true because so many players underperformed. seri sparkled aagainst bansley when he came on and was clearly adifferent man these last two games, he just has to be struggling. Mitro? I woiuld not have played him, he looks very lack lustre and again that just has to be the bug.

my view is that for these last two games it is sort of a free pass for the players, clearly illness affected. hopefully we will see what they can really do when recovered next Friday.