watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Psychologically Speaking…

Started by cookieg, November 27, 2021, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookieg

Us and Bournemouth have both drawn our last two games. We have had an illness on the camp and they have let slip when winning. I feel we will be stronger mentally from our two points and they must surely feel deflated especially today from being two up, having a man sent off and then conceding two goals very late.

ChesterTheTabby

We're getting a whole week to rest FINALLY after the international break where a majority of our starting 11 were out, we came back to 3 games in 6 days, plus Norovirus. Still unbeaten in 9 games.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 27, 2021, 05:07:27 PM
We're getting a whole week to rest FINALLY after the international break where a majority of our starting 11 were out, we came back to 3 games in 6 days, plus Norovirus. Still unbeaten in 9 games.

Only conceded once in those two games too. And that's debatable whether it should have been a goal any way. I'd say we're a lot more on top.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 27, 2021, 05:09:40 PM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 27, 2021, 05:07:27 PM

Only conceded once in those two games too. And that's debatable whether it should have been a goal any way. I'd say we're a lot more on top.

Completely agree - and as for debatable, I don't think there can be much - elbow into Rodak's face, offside player, handball, arm ball. All dis-allowable on their own, but these were combined!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Beamer

Also they will have Lerma missing after the red card and I believe that was Mepham's 5th yellow which should mean he will miss the game as well.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Seems like the wheels are coming off for S P then. Finally.

WhiteJC

giving up a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes remaining must have an effect, us drawing 2 games with a squad hit by illness should be a boost for us as we could easily (reasonably) have lost either or both games

is the Bournemouth results the opposite of Fulhamish?

filham

All of the above and Bournmouth have to make the trip to the Cottage and play in front of our fans.
COYW

filham

Parker will have to do more than a trip to Saville Row to counter all of the above.

rebel

Mitro will have a point to prove, hope he gets a hat-trick.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: rebel on November 27, 2021, 06:09:58 PM
Mitro will have a point to prove, hope he gets a hat-trick.

What's 9 goals called? A Hat trick hat trick.

WindyCity

While the premise of this topic to some might seem to "make sense", it rarely comes into play.  Especially ahead of either a big game or playoff competition.  I've seen many instances where a team has clinched playoff eligibility a bit early and finish the regular season on a poor run.  Then they go right into the playoffs blazing, with success.  I wouldn't let B'mouths' recent slip-ups influence how this game turns out.  Gonna be a tough, tough game (for both sides).

filham

Quote from: WindyCity on November 28, 2021, 04:34:23 PM
While the premise of this topic to some might seem to "make sense", it rarely comes into play.  Especially ahead of either a big game or playoff competition.  I've seen many instances where a team has clinched playoff eligibility a bit early and finish the regular season on a poor run.  Then they go right into the playoffs blazing, with success.  I wouldn't let B'mouths' recent slip-ups influence how this game turns out.  Gonna be a tough, tough game (for both sides).
Of course, but if there is a psychological edge to be won then lets not give it to them.

WindyCity

Oh, I don't think there is a 'psychological' advantage either way.  These guys are professionals.  Sometimes simple observers, fans, we're just dopey fans (me, being one of the biggest dopes here), try to ply or make some sense of recent trends and put some value to it.  Sure, there is such a thing as momentum/winning/losing streaks and such, but I think heading into a big game or playoff competition you can throw all that recent stuff/trends right out the window.  These players are pros and will be focused on the important task at hand.

JMHO

COYW!!!!