watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - TV's

Started by H4usuallysitting, November 28, 2021, 11:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winterline

The display of the TV is the most important factor, there could be ghosting or other visual artifacts, do not only look at inches or brand, once you had made a choice, google that model number followed by reviews, if there is a video review even better.

Years ago a house mate worked at a TV store and convinced my uncle to buy a TV set with home theater speakers, when i looked at it, it looked like a nice set up , when it was turned on the picture quality was really bad, I then looked up that model number and they were all talking about the bad picture, very low ratings. It's the same thing with PC monitors.

f321ffc

Quote from: Bill2 on November 30, 2021, 10:12:18 AM
Quote from: f321ffc on November 29, 2021, 05:52:08 AM
Awaiting delivery of this  one, bought on recommendation, for the price it's apparently a bargain and a bloody good telly. £498 from ao.com

Hisense 55A7GQTUK 55 Inch TV Smart 4K Ultra HD QLED Digital Dolby Vision.b
Sorry but wouldn't buy anything made in China unless it was the only option. Will be more expensive but Samsung are made in Sth Korea.
Well TV all set up, very easily, especially for an old git that could write his technical knowledge on the head of a pin, thought I might have to get my son to do it.
Very impressed with the picture quality much better than the 50inch Samsung I replaced it with.
" Sorry but wouldn't buy anything made in China "  have a look around your house I would be surprised if you have absolutely nothing that was made in China.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

WindyCity

As the FFC tilt is the only champ/prem game scheduled for this Friday, methinks it will certainly be available on hesgoal.

Bill2

Quote from: f321ffc on December 01, 2021, 04:59:14 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on November 30, 2021, 10:12:18 AM
Quote from: f321ffc on November 29, 2021, 05:52:08 AM
Awaiting delivery of this  one, bought on recommendation, for the price it's apparently a bargain and a bloody good telly. £498 from ao.com

Hisense 55A7GQTUK 55 Inch TV Smart 4K Ultra HD QLED Digital Dolby Vision.b
Sorry but wouldn't buy anything made in China unless it was the only option. Will be more expensive but Samsung are made in Sth Korea.
Well TV all set up, very easily, especially for an old git that could write his technical knowledge on the head of a pin, thought I might have to get my son to do it.
Very impressed with the picture quality much better than the 50inch Samsung I replaced it with.
" Sorry but wouldn't buy anything made in China "  have a look around your house I would be surprised if you have absolutely nothing that was made in China.

Absolutely right in that I have some stuff made but where I have a choice I will always go for something made elsewhere and while it may cost a bit more it normally is not a lot or the same by shopping around.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 28, 2021, 11:48:22 PM
Looking at upgrading my tv.....but, I'm a poor cabby - any make's & model's....been told a 55" would be the right size

A poor cabbie.
I thought you are planning to move to Devon/Cornwall   :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

H4usuallysitting

Looking like a January move....poor old Devon

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 01, 2021, 05:50:52 PM
Looking like a January move....poor old Devon

Of all the places I would like to retire it would be Devon or Cornwall.

I tried 2 years in Florida but didn't like or enjoy it as much as I thought I would.
Came back to Virginia last November,

Good luck on you move
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Forever Fulham

TV prices have fallen in inverse proportion to their sizes and capabilities--to a point.  Today, you can buy a quality Samsung 1080P Smart TV with almost all of the bells and whistles for a pittance.  A 55" or 60" (diagonal screen measurement) version in most rooms is not too small/not too big.  Pick up a Samsung or Yamaha (for instance) sound bar if you don't have separate speakers. 

Spend a bit more,  if you like, for a 4K resolution screen "Smart TV" which can access streaming video content via the TV itself, using its remote control device.  If you go the 4K route (which none of the networks are broadcasting in yet) you should look for certain  catch words such as "Native 4K" or "True 4K" which distinguishes such sets from those that are designed to stretch  or reach for a 4K viewing experience.  There are other key words to look for.  HDR+ and the number of HDMI ports in back of the TV.   You want at least two if possible.  In my personal opinion, Samsung makes better quality modern TVs than  LG does.  I also like Phillips.   Sony had this market, dominated, and I don't know what happened to them.   I would avoid Sony.  Toshiba makes OK TVs but not my first choice.  I'm no purist who has to get the best picture screen, and premium features.  I'm looking for the best quality/price combo around.  Initial and lasting engineering.  For me, Samsung is the way to go  now.