more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - TV's

Started by H4usuallysitting, November 28, 2021, 11:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Replaced my TV for one in Costcos.

85" Samsung.. Half the price of a LG at the minute.   Pretty sure the projector I have in the kids Cinema room was from there, which is outstanding quality if you need more details on that? Think they are cheap too, it's probably the sound system and room soundproofing that's 95% of the cost. But it's not necessarily needed in a living room, just another option perhaps.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

ianthailand

Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on November 29, 2021, 01:33:01 AM
There is definitely no such thing as a poor cabbie, I would bet money you're the richest bloke who looks at this forum.
He's buying half of Devon. It's just deciding which half! Sounds like you've found a house H4, hope all goes through ok. Expect half the Hammy End will be booked in for 2 weeks holiday.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Holders on November 29, 2021, 01:09:06 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 29, 2021, 12:21:43 PM
Quote from: Holders on November 29, 2021, 12:13:00 PM
Goodness me! I really cannot understand the obsession with ever larger TVs that dominate a room. My partner brought a 28" with her and we use that. It's twice the size of what I had before and quite big enough. I certainly wouldn't want anything bigger. Huge TVs just seem tawdry and tasteless to me (no offence intended).

It's looking like the new house I'm getting, has a larger front room than our old house

Found one already?

Looking that way... need's some work & near a station

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ianthailand on November 29, 2021, 02:33:52 PM
There is definitely no such thing as a poor cabbie, I would bet money you're the richest bloke who looks at this forum.
He's buying half of Devon. It's just deciding which half! Sounds like you've found a house H4, hope all goes through ok. Expect half the Hammy End will be booked in for 2 weeks holiday.

Afternoon Ian

I'll be doing special rates, and shipping down crate's of London Pride & ESB....trying to get Young's to pre-mix Ram & Special for me.... how's Thailand?.... weather here is a tad windy with a north easterly that cuts into your bones when you're not looking

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Dodgin on November 29, 2021, 01:48:49 PM
Hisense 55A7GQTUK 55 Inch TV Smart 4K Ultra HD QLED Digital Dolby Vision.

Read Amazon reviews before buying
Quote from: Dodgin on November 29, 2021, 01:48:49 PM
Hisense 55A7GQTUK 55 Inch TV Smart 4K Ultra HD QLED Digital Dolby Vision.

Read Amazon reviews before buying

Hope there's not to many long word's

ianthailand

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 29, 2021, 04:31:44 PM

Afternoon Ian

I'll be doing special rates, and shipping down crate's of London Pride & ESB....trying to get Young's to pre-mix Ram & Special for me.... how's Thailand?.... weather here is a tad windy with a north easterly that cuts into your bones when you're not looking
Rainy season just ending and a bit cooler in the mornings. Sangkha still quarantined but Cambodia now open so shouldn't be long before i can stay there. Having first Astra Covid jab on Wednesday, finally got the wife to have hers as well. New passport ready to collect prior to 1 year Visa Extension in January. Busy time for me, stops me listening to podcasts and reading novels. Really hope house move goes well and it turns into your dream home, also get some lucrative employment sorted out. Can't beat retirement mate, 23 years now, thankyou BP.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

FWIW I just took delivery of the new Sky Glass. Voice activated and cracking picture quality. Looks as though there is a soundbar built in, but not had the opportunity to test the sound quality. Sky is built in and uses WiFi, so if you're like me and couldn't get it before due to lack of possible reception, it's perfect.
No I don't work for them, but I'm highly impressed with it to be honest. TV comes in three sizes: 43, 55 and 62 inches. 43 is plenty big enough for my needs, and exact same size and my previous one.

If that isn't of interest then get down to Curry's/PC World and have a look around. When I bought my last TV, the Samsung rep that was trying to make me spend money I didn't have, said "if I didn't work for Samsung, I'd buy LG because they're the best value for money".

So, long story short, LG...

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ianthailand on November 29, 2021, 04:48:54 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 29, 2021, 04:31:44 PM

Afternoon Ian

Rainy season just ending and a bit cooler in the mornings. Sangkha still quarantined but Cambodia now open so shouldn't be long before i can stay there. Having first Astra Covid jab on Wednesday, finally got the wife to have hers as well. New passport ready to collect prior to 1 year Visa Extension in January. Busy time for me, stops me listening to podcasts and reading novels. Really hope house move goes well and it turns into your dream home, also get some lucrative employment sorted out. Can't beat retirement mate, 23 years now, thankyou BP.

Cheers Ian...just a quick one about the Astra jab - take a paracetamol if you get any side effects from it......this time of year is great in Thailand, less humidity..... it's nearly another year over..... I'll work part time in Devon - with hour's to suit me & concentrate on fishing for sea bass... definitely going to be different

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 29, 2021, 05:07:04 PM
FWIW I just took delivery of the new Sky Glass. Voice activated and cracking picture quality. Looks as though there is a soundbar built in, but not had the opportunity to test the sound quality. Sky is built in and uses WiFi, so if you're like me and couldn't get it before due to lack of possible reception, it's perfect.
No I don't work for them, but I'm highly impressed with it to be honest. TV comes in three sizes: 43, 55 and 62 inches. 43 is plenty big enough for my needs, and exact same size and my previous one.

If that isn't of interest then get down to Curry's/PC World and have a look around. When I bought my last TV, the Samsung rep that was trying to make me spend money I didn't have, said "if I didn't work for Samsung, I'd buy LG because they're the best value for money".

[/quote

Cheers.... I'm hearing some good things about LG, they appear to have their own technology

Logicalman

Quote from: Brightster#2 on November 29, 2021, 02:50:25 AM
I'm an AV Tech here in Ohio. Out of all the TVs I would highly recommend LG for amazing picture quality. If you want something that will give you good picture and be durable and integrate into any smart system you can't beat Sony!

I'd agree 100% with this. We upgraded our 55" Sony with a 65" LG a few years back. The Sony is now 12 years old (it had just come out the year prior when we got ours) and going strong on bedroom wall after we've moved 4 times, and the LG provides just a beautiful picture, as well as all the different apps available (even able to watch FFCTv on it via the browser app!)
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Holders

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 29, 2021, 04:28:23 PM
Goodness me! I really cannot understand the obsession with ever larger TVs that dominate a room. My partner brought a 28" with her and we use that. It's twice the size of what I had before and quite big enough. I certainly wouldn't want anything bigger. Huge TVs just seem tawdry and tasteless to me (no offence intended).

It's looking like the new house I'm getting, has a larger front room than our old house

Found one already?

Teignmouth?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

BestOfBrede

Interesting....
I've got SkyQ and am not sure what Sky Glass is?
Please update us/me on the sound quality as that's really important to me (deaf ol git)
Cheers

I'll add that the best picture quality I've ever had is Samsung!

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Holders on November 29, 2021, 06:55:42 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 29, 2021, 04:28:23 PM

Found one already?

Teignmouth?

Fingers, toe's and eye's crossed

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 29, 2021, 07:09:56 PM

Interesting....
Please update us/me on the sound quality as that's really important to me (deaf ol git)
Cheers

Sky Glass is the TV itself I think. I was looking for a maker but it seems Sky itself has to take credit. It has SkyQ inbuilt.
Sound quality seems much better that the LG so far though. 

Bill2

Quote from: f321ffc on November 29, 2021, 05:52:08 AM
Awaiting delivery of this  one, bought on recommendation, for the price it's apparently a bargain and a bloody good telly. £498 from ao.com

Hisense 55A7GQTUK 55 Inch TV Smart 4K Ultra HD QLED Digital Dolby Vision.b
Sorry but wouldn't buy anything made in China unless it was the only option. Will be more expensive but Samsung are made in Sth Korea.

H4usuallysitting

Thinking about it....  LG must be good.... didn't they sponsor the best team in Fulham

Southcoastffc

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 30, 2021, 10:43:54 AM
Thinking about it....  LG must be good.... didn't they sponsor the best team in Fulham
Yes.......but so did Pizza Hut!  :033:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 30, 2021, 10:51:35 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 30, 2021, 10:43:54 AM
Yes.......but so did Pizza Hut!  :033:

That's dinner sorted out

MartyFFC

I feel we need a separate thread where everyone compares how many inches they have. I've just bought a splendid 55 inch Samsung for 700 quid, which is working out quite nicely. However as suggested by others I would go for as many inches as you can; I do sometimes lament not having gone for an extra 10 inches

BestOfBrede

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 29, 2021, 11:18:31 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 29, 2021, 07:09:56 PM

Interesting....
Cheers

Sky Glass is the TV itself I think. I was looking for a maker but it seems Sky itself has to take credit. It has SkyQ inbuilt.
Sound quality seems much better that the LG so far though. 
0001.jpeg
Thankyou