https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your team vs Bournemouth

Started by Maidstone Lee, November 29, 2021, 09:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Quote from: Sammyffc on November 29, 2021, 10:19:29 AM
Quote from: Fernhurst on November 29, 2021, 10:17:11 AM
Robinsons speed is phenomenal and for that alone I would keep him in.

Wilson and Mitro need a slap around the face to wake them up before having the privilege to walk out on the pitch for Fulham FC.
Ream and Tosin MUST NOT be bullied by Billing and Solanke. Get to the ball FIRST.
Rodak to spend a day on the punch bag warming up for the challenge.

Pop those three points in storage and and we can all have an enjoyable pint post match.

:beer:

' Wilson and Mitro need a slap around the face to wake them up ' ?

What on earth is wrong with you ?

Agreed, what a disgraceful thing to say on a Fulham message board 😕

Hatch007

bobby01

Bournemouth press high once we clear that Wilson and kebano can get one on one with the full backs and I think Carvalho is the better fit for the no10 role to run at their ch's.
Defensively they are reasonable until you get behind the midfield then I feel the back four are weak, I expect lots of big diagonals from us.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Fernhurst

Looking forward to it enormously.

Over 65 years of support and still love my team dearly and because I now live in The Bournemouth FC catchment I need my team to stand tall and perform.
Good luck boys ........ COYW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Mickeyboro

If I open my windows I can hear the crowd at Dean Court!

Looking forward to being the only smiling passenger on the train back...🤞

TC's Sporran

I think its time for me to wake up and smell the coffee. i would have thought cairney if fit would have been one of the first names on the sheet. but i see that hardly anyone else shares this opinion. so maybe im just watching him through rose tinted spectacles.
Illness has been the cause of the relatively poor performances lately and i think TC on the pitch would have made a massive difference.

bottom line is unfit (ill) players must not be selected hoping their quality will shine through.

Facts Not Fiction

Rodak

Tete Tosin Ream Robinson

Seri Cairney

Wilson Carvalho Kebano

Mitro

Gazza, Odoi, Hector, Bryan, Onomah, Reed, BDR, Muniz

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on November 29, 2021, 10:49:08 AM
Rodak

Tete Hector Mawson Bryan

Reed Seri

Wilson Carvalho Kebano

Mitrovic

It's probably not a good idea to make three changes at the back but Tosin has been shockingly poor since his return and Robinson just gets worse every game.

Dropping Ream is a tough choice. He's had a good season so far but he's started to look more like the old Ream lately: Making silly mistakes, losing possession in dangerous areas. His lack of pace can get us into trouble too. If Ream starts he will probably need Robinson's pace as cover. Ream+Bryan will leave us too exposed.

Bryan is clearly a much better footballer than Robinson though, especially going forward, doing overlaps, delivering crosses for Mitro. Mawson is a much better DEFENDER than Ream. I know Mawson had a couple of poor games for us but those were mostly at RCB. He's been far better at LCB and he has been rock solid on the few occasions we've seen him this season.

Tough choice but I'd rather see Bryan with a LCB that doesn't need the extra protection of Robinson's pace.

I think Silva will probably stick with Ream+Robinson though. I don't think he will drop Ream and as long as Ream plays we will probably need Robinson's pace, which is a shame because it's so much more fun watching Joe Bryan going forward.

Completely changing the back 4 is a recipe for disaster IMO. One or 2 max. Hardly like our defence is porous at the moment. 3 goals conceded in 9.

ALG01

Quote from: TC's Sporran on November 30, 2021, 12:00:30 PM
I think its time for me to wake up and smell the coffee. i would have thought cairney if fit would have been one of the first names on the sheet. but i see that hardly anyone else shares this opinion. so maybe im just watching him through rose tinted spectacles.
Illness has been the cause of the relatively poor performances lately and i think TC on the pitch would have made a massive difference.

bottom line is unfit (ill) players must not be selected hoping their quality will shine through.

I think it is the fit or unfit part of Tom's selection. For me he is the main man when available.
I agree, this is not a game to go into with passengers. A half fit mitro is no use once the opposition rumble he is not at it.. better a fully fit alternative
BUT
if mitro is 100% then clearly he has to start.

Jim©

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on November 29, 2021, 10:49:08 AM
Rodak

Tete Hector Mawson Bryan

Reed Seri

Wilson Carvalho Kebano

Mitrovic

It's probably not a good idea to make three changes at the back but Tosin has been shockingly poor since his return and Robinson just gets worse every game.

Dropping Ream is a tough choice. He's had a good season so far but he's started to look more like the old Ream lately: Making silly mistakes, losing possession in dangerous areas. His lack of pace can get us into trouble too. If Ream starts he will probably need Robinson's pace as cover. Ream+Bryan will leave us too exposed.

Bryan is clearly a much better footballer than Robinson though, especially going forward, doing overlaps, delivering crosses for Mitro. Mawson is a much better DEFENDER than Ream. I know Mawson had a couple of poor games for us but those were mostly at RCB. He's been far better at LCB and he has been rock solid on the few occasions we've seen him this season.

Tough choice but I'd rather see Bryan with a LCB that doesn't need the extra protection of Robinson's pace.

I think Silva will probably stick with Ream+Robinson though. I don't think he will drop Ream and as long as Ream plays we will probably need Robinson's pace, which is a shame because it's so much more fun watching Joe Bryan going forward.

It's a fair point you make about Robinson's pace complementing Ream's lack of it. But Ream is having to cover a huge swathe of the pitch when Robinson always finds himself upfield. I get that it will happen with the style that we play, but Robinson is inadvertently exposing him. However, I don't see why Ream is suddenly being singled out for being dropped. IMO he's been our most dependable and consistent CB this season. I'd also add that in a 30 yard sprint, I don't even know if Mawson would get in front of Ream, hence I'd not change him around.

I'm not sold on Reed's form yet this season, he's not playing badly, just not as creative as he should be in that position. I'd be tempted to play TC there if fit and always bring Reed on to strengthen things up.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 30, 2021, 12:46:27 PM
Rodak

Tete Tosin Ream Robinson

Seri Cairney

Wilson Carvalho Kebano

Mitro

I almost agree but I would probably have Reed in for Seri if you are going to play Cairney.
We need Cairney in midfield if he is fit.
I have grown to like Seri but he at times gets knocked off and outmuscled on the ball as he is too lightweight in a number of matches. We need at least one tall guy in midfield to add height and cut out crosses and high balls. Both Reed and Seri are too short together.
If Seri sat on Reeds shoulders they still
would not come up to my height.
It will be no picnic Friday, they will keep their powder dry because believe me they have a cunning plan and we need a player who can sit on the ball and create, which has been missing especially in the last game and not run around like headless chickens and Cairney makes the ball do the work, because the ball never gets tired. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MartyFFC

Rodak

Tete Tosin Ream Robinson

Seri Cairney

Wilson Carvalho Kebano

Mitro

This is our most exciting starting XI for sure, ridiculous amount of technical ability for this division

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 30, 2021, 01:07:09 PM
Rodak

Tete Tosin Ream Robinson

Seri Cairney

Wilson Carvalho Kebano

Mitro

I almost agree but I would probably have Reed in for Seri if you are going to play Cairney.
We need Cairney in midfield if he is fit.
I have grown to like Seri but he at times gets knocked off and outmuscled on the ball as he is too lightweight in a number of matches. We need at least one tall guy in midfield to add height and cut out crosses and high balls. Both Reed and Seri are too short together.
If Seri sat on Reeds shoulders they still
would not come up to my height.
It will be no picnic Friday, they will keep their powder dry because believe me they have a cunning plan and we need a player who can sit on the ball and create, which has been missing especially in the last game and not run around like headless chickens and Cairney makes the ball do the work, because the ball never gets tired.

Seri is small, but Harrison Reed is 5 foot 11 inches (1.80m) and Tom Cairney is 6 foot 0 inches (1.82m).

The first problem with Seri and Cairney playing together is both of them need players moving around them, and neither of them creates the kind of movement the other one needs.

The second problem both Seri and Cairney have is they struggle to perform for 90 minutes when the other team has a lot of possession (especially Seri and even Cairney when coming back from injury/sickness).

The solution is to play either Seri or Cairney for the first 55-65 minutes, then give the other one the last 25-35 minutes. It would be a huge mistake to start with both, they both lose energy around the 60-minute mark, because we need at least one of them on the field at all times for 90 minutes to provide passes that find the players moving into space.

Whitesideup

Interesting that motm Odoi is dropped by nearly everyone. I don't know if Tete was rested because not fully fit, but I would be very disappointed to be dropped were I Denis. But if it happens, he is such a big character, he'll take it on the chin because he's a big man and a great pro.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 30, 2021, 03:41:56 PM
Interesting that motm Odoi is dropped by nearly everyone. I don't know if Tete was rested because not fully fit, but I would be very disappointed to be dropped were I Denis. But if it happens, he is such a big character, he'll take it on the chin because he's a big man and a great pro.

None of the teams this season are exposing Odoi's weaknesses, so he looks like a top player. Odoi may actually be happy the manager that knows him the best doesn't get the chance to try to expose his weaknesses.

Whitesideup

Re Tosin - really don't see how he can be dropped. Yes, he made more mistakes than normal. But it was his surprising speed (and make no mistake, he is quick) that enabled him to make up for at least one of them .. the one in the first half when he made a recovery tackle on the player he had allowed to dispossess him. And although Ream has had a good season (but also not his finest game on Saturday) I still think Tosin is our best centre-half, possibly by a margin. I haven't considered Kongolo as I see him more of a bench warmer .. the physio's bench.

Deeping_white

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 30, 2021, 03:45:08 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on November 30, 2021, 03:41:56 PM

None of the teams this season are exposing Odoi's weaknesses, so he looks like a top player. Odoi may actually be happy the manager that knows him the best doesn't get the chance to try to expose his weaknesses.

You didn't watch the Peterborough, Reading or Coventry games then?

Jim©

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 30, 2021, 03:19:54 PM

Seri is small, but Harrison Reed is 5 foot 11 inches (1.80m) and Tom Cairney is 6 foot 0 inches (1.82m).

I'd be very shocked if Reed was over 5 foot 8!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jim© on November 30, 2021, 04:17:14 PM

Reed is 181cm and Cairney 186cm according to our webaite. That makes Reed 5'11 and Cairney 6'1.

Jim©

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 30, 2021, 05:04:29 PM
Quote from: Jim© on November 30, 2021, 04:17:14 PM

Reed is 181cm and Cairney 186cm according to our webaite. That makes Reed 5'11 and Cairney 6'1.

Yeah, but you've seen him with your own eyes? He's not 5'11. I'm not even sure he's 5'8!