more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Johnny Haynes filmed interview, February 1961

Started by Fulham1959, November 29, 2021, 04:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

Dodgin

Do you think you worth Sixty pounds a week. How lucky we were for having this giant among players at our club. A sweet memory for all the older fans. Thanks for that.

filham

bobbo

He was more than a little bit special . Captained England through the World Cup the following year .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fernhurst

Does anybody know if the story regarding a physical fight was correct. Dear old Tosh Chamberlain would have known.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fernhurst

Or was it a case of " What happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room"?

bog

Absolutely wonderful to see the Maestro speak and see Tosh again. I wonder how close he was to telling that reporter to p*** off?
£60 a week. In the event as we all know he was paid £100. Valued at £60,000. I wonder what went on in that dressing room. Oh to be a fly on the wall.  I got quite emotional. A world class player who spent his whole career at Fulham. Thankyou for the all the moments of genius Johnny.  : :54:: :Haynes The Maestro: 049:gif

092.gif   

Fernhurst

I felt a shiver when I watched Seri's pass to BDR for our third against Barnsley.

Nearest pass I've seen to match The Maestro.

RaySmith

I well remember Johnny expressing his displeasure at teammates when they failed to control a brilliant, thirty yard pass, as his good mate, Tosh sometimes did.

He was a perfectionist and a winner, so he must often have found it hard at Fulham, but obviously loved it there too - and the club made him  the country's first £100 a week player, shortly after this interview - which, I think is the first of its kind I've seen.

The Maestro comes across very well, I thought - great stuff, thanks for posting, Fulham 1959.

jarv

Bill2

Quote from: bog on November 30, 2021, 11:28:41 AM
Absolutely wonderful to see the Maestro speak and see Tosh again. I wonder how close he was to telling that reporter to p*** off?
£60 a week. In the event as we all know he was paid £100. Valued at £60,000. I wonder what went on in that dressing room. Oh to be a fly on the wall.  I got quite emotional. A world class player who spent his whole career at Fulham. Thankyou for the all the moments of genius Johnny.  : :54:: :Haynes The Maestro: 049:gif

092.gif   
Was at the game where Tommy Trinder announced from the balcony at the cottage Johnny Haynes was the first £100 a week player. Does anyone know the date and match that happened?