more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer list Jan and Summer

Started by LC, November 30, 2021, 11:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Quote from: ALG01 on December 01, 2021, 12:52:56 PM
we do not need a new keeper, it is not a priority and the money better spent elsewhere.

Agreed.  I see no reason why Rodak can't be future keeper on this team regardless of league we're in.  Also agree that 3-4 solid additions are all that is necessary, don't want to totally destroy locker room created so far this season, and what it would be assuming we do go up.  At minimum, one backline defender/one strong midfielder/one more forward to complement/back up Mitrovic. 

The Cravenette

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 01, 2021, 09:38:50 AM
Quote from: junior white on December 01, 2021, 08:11:19 AM
Some decent names there

As for the outs
Out
Fabri - not even sure where he is these days
Terence Kongolo
Cyrus Christie
Denis Odoi
Tim Ream (a year extension?)
Ivan Cav 
Joe Bryan
Gazzanigna - as AA cant come (if he wants to that is or if MS even wants him) to summer have to keep
Knockaert
Nathaniel Chalobah
josh Onomah
Quina - Send back
Kamara (has he left already on a permanent?) - already left on a perm deal
Anguissa - rumour is a deal done for a Jan transfer (hence the Fulgini link along with Seri being at the AFCON that is)
Some decent names there

In
Areola - can't join to summer season one loan to WHU
Rob Holding - know some AFC fans who would willingly drive him to us
Max Aarons
Ben Davies
Thomas Delaney
Tom Davies
Steven Bergwijn
Callum Wilson OR Andre Silva (if we have big money available)
John Swift (only if Fabio Carv leaves in January) - perosnally wouldnt go for Swift far better available
Callum Hudson-Odoi (loan?) - no chance playing for Chelsea and also has some very lofty suitors

As for the outs
Out
Terence Kongolo
Cyrus Christie
Denis Odoi
Ivan Cav 
Joe Bryan
Gazzanigna - as AA cant come (if he wants to that is or if MS even wants him) to summer have to keep
Knockaert
Nathaniel Chalobah
josh Onomah
Quina - Send back
Anguissa - rumour is a deal done for a Jan transfer (hence the Fulgini link along with Seri being at the AFCON that is)
Only commenting on the outs as I don't know enough about the proposed ins, apart from Areola who I would love to have back in the summer.
Fabri - should definitely go.  A kid was picked instead of him for the bench last time out whi

Tbf, Fabri not on squad list so can't play. He is always on the pitch at warm up before matches but prob as close as he will get. Amazed he hasn't gone out on loan

Fulham 442

Quote from: The Cravenette on December 01, 2021, 05:00:53 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 01, 2021, 09:38:50 AM
Some decent names there

As for the outs
Out
Terence Kongolo
Cyrus Christie
Denis Odoi
Ivan Cav 
Joe Bryan
Knockaert
Nathaniel Chalobah
josh Onomah
Quina - Send back
Some decent names there

In
Areola - can't join to summer season one loan to WHU
Rob Holding - know some AFC fans who would willingly drive him to us
Max Aarons
Ben Davies
Thomas Delaney
Tom Davies
Steven Bergwijn
Callum Wilson OR Andre Silva (if we have big money available)
John Swift (only if Fabio Carv leaves in January) - perosnally wouldnt go for Swift far better available
Callum Hudson-Odoi (loan?) - no chance playing for Chelsea and also has some very lofty suitors

As for the outs
Out
Terence Kongolo
Cyrus Christie
Denis Odoi
Ivan Cav 
Joe Bryan
Knockaert
Nathaniel Chalobah
josh Onomah
Quina - Send back
Only commenting on the outs as I don't know enough about the proposed ins, apart from Areola who I would love to have back in the summer.
Fabri - should definitely go.  A kid was picked instead of him for the bench last time out whi

Tbf, Fabri not on squad list so can't play. He is always on the pitch at warm up before matches but prob as close as he will get. Amazed he hasn't gone out on loan
Oh okay, that makes sense then but also makes sense for him to move on in some capacity.

grandad

Pointless us mere mortals discussing names of ins & outs. We just need to identify the positions that would need strengthening. Whether starters or backups depends on who we could acquire & whether it would be in January or the summer.
First would be an equal quality RB to Tete. Then a left sided CB. Then Defensive MF. Then attacking creative MF. Oven ready striker to compete with Mitro. Finally a quality LW as competition for Kebano.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham 442

Quote from: grandad on December 01, 2021, 05:17:49 PM
Pointless us mere mortals discussing names of ins & outs. We just need to identify the positions that would need strengthening. Whether starters or backups depends on who we could acquire & whether it would be in January or the summer.
First would be an equal quality RB to Tete. Then a left sided CB. Then Defensive MF. Then attacking creative MF. Oven ready striker to compete with Mitro. Finally a quality LW as competition for Kebano.
I definitely think the outs need discussing...we need to start moving players on that never get on the bench, never mind game time..

The Rational Fan

Any sensible strategy would start a) with the budget, then b) focus on staying a yo-yo team and then c) see how we can improve with extra money and trades. But let's not be over ambitious because that risks us losing the yo-yo status we have to be a "league one team".

The budget is easy over the next three years from 1st July 2022 assuming maximum FFP loses is
a) £127m if we don't go up (based on previous seasons accounts)
b) £316m if we do go up
Conclusion: We have an extra £189m over three years if promoted.

Staying a yo-yo team will require extending most of the players contracts for two years, which based on wages in the championship season of 2019/2020 would cost around £140m.

Giving FFC around £49m on transfer spending which is enough to bring in three premier league players (assuming we keep Fabio, Anguissa, and all other players). Realistically, we probably will sell Fabio and Anguissa freeing up enough money to bring in two more midfielders. In addition with three premier league players coming in, we will probably be discarding three to four championship players which gives the budget to buy one more premier league player.

Giving us six more players, two of whom replace Anguiissa and Fabio, plus four other players.

I think Rodak; Tete, Tosin, Robinson; Anguissa, Fabio; Wilson and Mitrovic plus one of Reed, Seri or Cairney are good enough to start, while our others wingers are good enough for the bench.

If I had budget for four players, I would get:
A new centre back (replacing Ream with young Premier League quality playerlike Anderson)
A left winger (replacing Kebano with young Premier League quality player like Lookman)
A utility defender (ie CB/RB/LB replacing Odoi with young Premier League quality player like Aina)
Plus whatever position underperforms for the rest of the season (eg GK, LB, DM, AM etc)
Alternatively, instead of buying a sixth player we could also buy several low budget championship players that replace like with like but only a little younger etc.

Unfortunately, with only six new players we will struggle to stay up with any injuries, but not going over that budget means the 2023/24 season will be much better if either we stay up or get relegated.

Ultimately, no amount of spending within FFP limits guarantees staying up, but spending well should mean our next three season 2022-2025 will be the "Best three seasons of the Khans so Far". Beyond that we need our new players to be young (21-25 years old) so the squad additions last a long time.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 02, 2021, 12:03:20 AM
Any sensible strategy would start a) with the budget, then b) focus on staying a yo-yo team and then c) see how we can improve with extra money and trades. But let's not be over ambitious because that risks us losing the yo-yo status we have to be a "league one team".

The budget is easy over the next three years from 1st July 2022 assuming maximum FFP loses is
b) £316m if we do go up

Staying a yo-yo team will require extending most of the players contracts for two years, which based on wages in the championship season of 2019/2020 would cost around £140m.

Giving FFC around £49m on transfer spending which is enough to bring in three premier league players (assuming we keep Fabio, Anguissa, and all other players). Realistically, we probably will sell Fabio and Anguissa freeing up enough money to bring in two more midfielders. In addition with three premier league players coming in, we will probably be discarding three to four championship players which gives the budget to buy one more premier league player.

Giving us six more players, two of whom replace Anguiissa and Fabio, plus four other players.

I think Rodak; Tete, Tosin, Robinson; Anguissa, Fabio; Wilson and Mitrovic plus one of Reed, Seri or Cairney are good enough to start, while our others wingers are good enough for the bench.

A new centre back (replacing Ream with young Premier League quality playerlike Anderson)
A left winger (replacing Kebano with young Premier League quality player like Lookman)
A utility defender (ie CB/RB/LB replacing Odoi with young Premier League quality player like Aina)
Plus whatever position underperforms for the rest of the season (eg GK, LB, DM, AM etc)
Alternatively, instead of buying a sixth player we could also buy several low budget championship players that replace like with like but only a little younger etc.

Unfortunately, with only six new players we will struggle to stay up with any injuries, but not going over that budget means the 2023/24 season will be much better if either we stay up or get relegated.

Ultimately, no amount of spending within FFP limits guarantees staying up, but spending well should mean our next three season 2022-2025 will be the "Best three seasons of the Khans so Far". Beyond that we need our new players to be young (21-25 years old) so the squad additions last a long time.

What about experience which will be needed to consolidate in the Premier League if we do reach it
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Denver Fulham on December 01, 2021, 02:16:09 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on December 01, 2021, 07:32:08 AM
We certainly don't want to change the whole squad again, it hasn't worked either of the last 2 times, stability is key

I don't understand this sentiment. We only changed the whole squad last time because the one we went up with was getting embarrassed weekly.

Similarly, we need to add quality to this roster should we go up. What works for some guys (like Seri) in the Champ won't be allowed in the Prem.

Agreed, he is a fantastic player and we all give him Love.   O:)
In the PS he will be hammered by cleverer and better quality and informed squads when he "does his thing" in defense.
He's been caught out, in position recently
I think he would be better in a more advantage position where he could be devasting, but we seem to have enough
players in that role already, but will they be PS players next season
But I think that he will be an excellent asset next year whichever divisoiion we are in.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 02, 2021, 12:33:25 AM

b) £316m if we do go up

What about experience which will be needed to consolidate in the Premier League if we do reach it

Unfortunately, we probably don't have enough money for experience as the prices for premier league experience are very high indeed. Players like Phil Jones are available for £20m wages over five years, who would improve our chances but not guarantee staying up, so for me they are frankly not worth the investment when it means sacfricing other areas (such as keeping Fabio or replacing him with someone young). Better we just keep building our squad with youth, while players like Harrison Reed learn to lead.

The Leadership of the Team will have to come from players like Rodak, Tete, Tosin, Kongolo, Reed, and Cairney, which is a plan that could easily fail.

RaySmith

In our intial 13 years in the Prem, becoming what seemed an established mid table side, we relied a lot on older players, often  towards the end of their careers.
Players like Murphy,  Duff, Zamora, Schwarzer, Gera were rejuvenated at Fulham.

Whitesideup

Quote from: ALG01 on December 01, 2021, 12:52:56 PM
we do not need a new keeper, it is not a proiority and the money better spent elsewhere.

I agree with some names on the 'out list' and not others but it serves no purpose to worry now because it is November and in fact to include the acting captain and the alternative right back and utility player is a bit of an insult. They may not be starters if we go up but they would be valuable assets to have in the squad.
regarding incoming.... we will have to wait and see who is actually avaialble but silva is shrewd and I am sure will want the business concluded early.

Were we to get promoted, still a big "if", I too agree that Rodak should be given a chance as our number one. He is having a great season and if there is one position on the pitch where you cannot tell if performance is affected by the standard of others, it's probably the keeper. I  still really don't know if Gazza is good enough for number 2, but elements of his game have concerned me. 

Bronaldinho

Ambitious ins and a lot of money. Also, Delaney while he's a great player just joined Sevilla - he won't be moving nor coming to the champ any time soon.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

born1879

Quote from: Lordedmundo on December 01, 2021, 03:24:10 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on December 01, 2021, 02:16:09 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on December 01, 2021, 07:32:08 AM
We certainly don't want to change the whole squad again, it hasn't worked either of the last 2 times, stability is key

I don't understand this sentiment. We only changed the whole squad last time because the one we went up with was getting embarrassed weekly.

Similarly, we need to add quality to this roster should we go up. What works for some guys (like Seri) in the Champ won't be allowed in the Prem.

Well I think WSW is right - but you also mentioned the word quality which is correct.  However, it is crazy to repeat the same mistake of trying to replace half of the team in June/July season and then expecting the team to be ready for the beginning of August.

I think we will need 4-5 absolute quality signings (if possible better players than those proposed by the original poster), but integrate no more than 3 of them immediately into team. That way - starting the new season with a stronger first 11, but one that still retains the cohesion and team spirit from this season. 

Last season we were not far off - but negative tactics and RLC put paid to any chance that we had.

I would be happy for the following 8 players to start the first game next season:

Rodak
Robinson
Tosin
Tete
Reed
Wilson
Carvalho
Mitrovic

The main weakness is centre half - we need a player of Andersen's quality and in midfield, where we need bigger stronger players who also offer some creativity and goal threat (I'm thinking of players in a similar mould to West Ham's duo of Declan Rice and Soucek).

If we could sign Areola that would also be great and perhaps a player to challenge Kebano for a first team spot (in other words someone better than Cavaleiro and Knockaert!)

No Seri? Been better than Reed this season

Lordedmundo

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 02, 2021, 03:25:15 AM

Unfortunately, we probably don't have enough money for experience as the prices for premier league experience are very high indeed. Players like Phil Jones are available for £20m wages over five years, who would improve our chances but not guarantee staying up, so for me they are frankly not worth the investment when it means sacfricing other areas (such as keeping Fabio or replacing him with someone young). Better we just keep building our squad with youth, while players like Harrison Reed learn to lead.

The Leadership of the Team will have to come from players like Rodak, Tete, Tosin, Kongolo, Reed, and Cairney, which is a plan that could easily fail.

I see where you are coming from - but I don't fully agree.  It is not about buying overpriced Premier League players like Phil Jones (who I don't rate anyway), but identifying players we can sign who have the potential to be as good (or even better) than these big names from top clubs who are unwanted and/or overpriced.

For instance - Palace signed Andersen for £17.5m which is great value compared to Ben White at £52m. They also secured a great loan deal for Conor Gallagher and previously signed players like Milivojevic for £15m and Kouyate for £10m.

Then you have West Ham who signed Soucek and Coufal for a combined £20m and may well buy Areola for £13m (is Ramsdale really worth twice as much?)

The players of sufficient quality are out there, and as a London club we do have the ability to compete with other Premier League teams to sign them. But, clearly we need to make better choices than the last two times we went up...

We Are Premier League

We need to sign/loan 5 players for next years starting 11.

GK
CB
MC
LW
AM/CF

If we cant get that type of quality in Jan I wouldn't buy or borrow anyone, except if we get any injury that we need a replacement for.

Bergwijn on a loan to buy deal would be amazing, but i think he will get much more attractive offers form abroad.

Going the other way:
Fabri - someone might take him and pay part of his salary
Christie - might be able to get a few 100k for him
Knockaert - loan with option to buy for someone like She U?
Think we will keep the rest as the saving from offloading them is insignificant (Sess, Quina etc.)

LC

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 02, 2021, 03:25:15 AM

b) £316m if we do go up

I have no idea what everyone's obsession is with Kongolo, he's literally played like 2 games for us and is permanently injured, he needs to leave. And Cairney won't start in the PL next year.

We need to bring in PL experienced players, it doesn't have to cost the earth and we'll still keep the core of the team.   

river phoenix

We should look at Stephy Mavididi in the summer, Montpellier, ex-Arsenal youth player, very quick and knows where the goal is, can player as a striker as well as left winger.