watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri Article

Started by WestSussexWhite, December 02, 2021, 10:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

Excellent Seri Article in the sun, said he wanted to stay and play last season for us, but Parker just didn't include Him in the squad, which for me is criminal...Seri seems to love it at Fulham.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16918542/barcelona-target-seri-fulham-cold-feet/amp/

Somerset Fulham

What a fantastic read, he really does come across as a good guy.

For people who want to read the article without helping that utter shitrag get anymore clicks, use this link.  https://archive.md/vZaEm

ChesterTheTabby

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16918542/barcelona-target-seri-fulham-cold-feet/

Great article, good man, hope he can realize his potential with us - get us promoted - and elects to stay. Top drawer interview. Wouldn't have said what he said or taken the interview if he didn't mean it. COYW.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WOTM

flyingfish

Interesting. All the talk is of Mitro with something to prove over Parker but Seri will want to show him what a mistake he made as well. Lovely.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 02, 2021, 11:14:00 PM

For people who want to read the article without helping that utter shitrag get anymore clicks, use this link.  https://archive.md/vZaEm

The shitrag as you called it,was good enough to do the story,and its main football journalist Tom Barclay is a Fulham fan.......

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 03, 2021, 07:46:23 AM

The shitrag as you called it,was good enough to do the story,and its main football journalist Tom Barclay is a Fulham fan.......

Doesn't make it any less of a shitrag.

FFC1987

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on December 03, 2021, 08:40:57 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 03, 2021, 07:46:23 AM

Doesn't make it any less of a shitrag.

Whenever I see this kind of stuff, I always love to hear what isn't considered a s***rag anymore to be honest. In sport terms, I'd only really buy into the Athletic. For actual news, none of them are reliable.

MartyFFC

Is this another reason to dislike Parker then....... I guess it does demonstrate that we all make assumptions however sometimes, we're not privy to the full facts and so it seems some of the historic criticism of Seri is perhaps unfair. He's certainly one of my favourite players at the club currently

bog

Cannot believe that Parker didn't want to play Seri.  :doh: :doh: As a result I had the impression that the player wanted away. Along with Mitro's treatment just what was going on behind the scenes by way of Parker's policies? 

092.gif

jeremyfulham

In defence of Parker I thought Seri's attitude stank last season especially vs Brentford.
He seems a different player this year.

Deeping_white

Quote from: jeremyfulham on December 03, 2021, 09:47:12 AM
In defence of Parker I thought Seri's attitude stank last season especially vs Brentford.
He seems a different player this year.

But it now seems quite clear that he was probably demoralised because Parker froze him out, which you can also understand why his body language wasn't great (in constrast to now because of how he's feeling the love!). He'd have also been under instruction from Parker to pass the ball square at no greater distance of 5 yards and not go beyond the half way line, which for a player of his technical ability is a complete injustice

blingo

Got to hold my hands up. We were fed what looks like loads of B/S and it appears Seri DID want to play for us but just like with Mitro, Parker froze him out.

I apologise to Seri for my lack of informed knowledge and now want him at FFC.

The best answer of all to Parker would be for us to give Bournemouth a good tanking tonight with both Seri and Mitro scoring.

WhiteJC

BACK IN FROM THE COLD Ex-Barcelona target Jean Michael Seri on a hot streak at Fulham after suffering from ingrowing toenails in cold weather!

JEAN MICHAEL SERI used to suffer from cold feet.

But now the Ivory Coast star is really letting them do the talking at Fulham.

Jean Michael Seri used to suffer from cold feet but now they have been in form for Fulham

Seri, 30, arrived at Craven Cottage three years ago to a huge fanfare after the club paid Nice £25million.

It was seen as a transfer coup as Barcelona had tried to sign him just one year before.

Yet he had an awful first season at the club under first Slavisa Jokanovic and then Scott Parker, which ended in relegation from the Premier League.

Seri – who has spent most of the past two seasons on loan at Galatasaray and Bordeaux – suffered from ingrowing toenails in cold weather.

He said: "My toenails on my left foot were very painful when the weather was cold.

"I had to cut them every time because they grew into the flesh.

"It was something that had never happened to me before because I was playing in Portugal and the south of France where the weather was warm.

"Yet in England it was the first time I had played in cold weather and it was difficult. I had to wear a bigger size left boot."

But Seri has since fixed the problem and no longer suffers from the issue.

He added: "This time is different. I put cream on my feet and the problem has gone."

Championship leaders Fulham take on Bournemouth on Friday night in a top-of-the-table clash.

And Seri is now finally showing the Craven Cottage faithful why the club invested so much money in signing him.

The midfielder is right up near the top of the league's assists standings with six so far.

Seri arrived at Fulham with a bang, scoring a sensational goal against Burnley

He has also started 17 of the club's 20 league matches and been a commanding and calming presence in the middle of the park.

It is all a far cry from his first season at Fulham – which started superbly with a stunning goal-of-the-month winning strike against Burnley but quickly fizzled out in a campaign that saw the West Londoners crash back into the Championship.

But the Ivorian believes he has unfinished business at the Cottage and accepts his previous performances were not good enough.

Seri said: "I felt a lot of expectation when I joined. The Fulham fans had heard about me almost joining Barcelona so thought I would help them stay in the Premier League.

'HE'S BETTER THAN ZIDANE...'
SERI revealed he had to be told by a friend that Fulham fans had made up a song in homage to him.

The words go like this:

"We've got Seri
Jean Michael Seri
I just don't think you understand
He's Marco Silva's man
He's better than Zidane
We've got Jean Michael Seri"

And the midfielder said: "They sang it against Millwall and my friend told me the fans were singing my name.

"And I thought, 'No, they're not.'

"But I watched the game back on TV and heard it good, I heard my name.

"It gives you a lot of positive energy to go again and fight for them."

"Unfortunately things didn't go as we all wanted.

"The club spent a lot of money for me and expected better from me.

"I didn't give back something.. I must give the club something back for that investment so I'm glad to be doing so now.

"When you first come to England, it can be difficult. We can see this with a lot of players who come from different countries because it's very different here to other leagues.

"What I learned, reflecting on that season, is that you must have a winning mentality every day, not just on matchdays.

"If you have this mentality, you'll be ready for every game and that's the key as a professional player when you come to England. At first I didn't have that.

"What I mean by this mentality is winning every day, winning in every training session. You must not lose the ball easily and must try to win every challenge.

"If you have a game on Saturday, you can't start preparing on Thursday. You must be preparing from Monday to the matchday.

The midfielder spoke to SunSport ahead of the top-of-the-table clash with Bournemouth

Seri has been in top form for Fulham this season in the middle of the park

"Do that, and you'll arrive at the game winning every challenge, you won't be giving away possession and when you're winning 1-0 you'll want to defend well to make sure you don't concede a goal. That is a winning mentality.

"And then you move on to the next game and go again. You must have this routine

"If you don't do this, it's impossible to be successful.

"I have told players in France that in England you must be perfect. If you're good, you'll be average or inconsistent. No, you must be perfect to succeed."

Seri had a good season on loan at Galatasaray, playing Champions League football, and when he returned to Fulham last summer with the club back in the Premier League, he was desperate to make amends.

But he did not feature in a single top-flight game and only managed 118 minutes of football in the Carabao Cup, coming on as a sub against Sheffield Wednesday before playing the full 90 against Brentford.

Seri was not even involved in a Premier League matchday squad so he decided to go on loan to Bordeaux during the January transfer window.

He said: "I had a positive season in Turkey so it was frustrating to not play.

I was thinking, 'Why does the manager not realise that I can help the team?' because I was in very good form and very confident.
JEAN MICHAEL SERI

"I was thinking, 'Why does the manager not realise that I can help the team?' because I was in very good form and very confident.

"I had learned from my past experience in the Premier League. If he gave me one chance, I could've helped the team.

"It was a big frustration and not what I expected when I returned.

"I spoke to Scott Parker before we started the season and that conversation must remain private. But he decided what he had to decide and it was a difficult situation for me."

However, when he returned from Bordeaux this year, new boss Marco Silva told the midfielder he was part of his plans.

And since then Seri has not looked back and has promised fans there is no chance of him leaving during the January transfer window.

He said: "When the gaffer arrived, he said, 'I want you to help us go up together into the Premier League.'

"I knew Marco from when he was in Portugal and I thought, 'Why not?' I wanted to stay here and my family like London too.

"The Championship is actually better than a lot of the leagues in Europe.

Jean Seri hopes to pay back Fulham by helping them to promotion to the Premier League

"I'm here for the whole season. I want to celebrate when we get promoted. I want to enjoy this moment with the club.

"Fulham deserves it because they've spent a lot of money on me. They deserve to be in the Premier League for many years and I believe Marco is building something good.

"And I want to pay the club back."

JEAN MICHAEL SERI ON ....
ALEKSANDAR MITROVIC: Everyone speaks about the goals he is scoring – but it's not just about that anymore with him.

Before, I knew Mitrovic as a striker, a No9 who would get into the box on the end of the long ball.

But, no, not now.

Mitro is coming back to participate in the game and that is very different and important for the team.

BOURNEMOUTH CLASH: There will be no surprises for us. We've planned everything. The manager has put something on the table – a plan and we've done everything he has told us.

What is being demanded of us is very easy. We don't need to complicate it.

We don't have to add anything. He is telling us exactly what he wants and in this way we can be successful together.

THE FANS: The way they're coming and pushing us, we must keep going.

Some months ago, we were without them so we're very happy they're back and we want them to push us until the end.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16918542/barcelona-target-seri-fulham-cold-feet/