more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AFC Bournemouth opinion

Started by Hugh Gentry, November 22, 2021, 09:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 23, 2021, 08:24:59 PM
I'm wathing West Brom and they seem to be back at it again although they are yet to score.

There is no room for too many slips ups, they'll be on top of both us and Bournemouth given the chance if they continue to play the way they are at the moment.

Well this aged badly..

Arthur

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 23, 2021, 02:05:19 PM
Quote from: Arthur on November 23, 2021, 12:07:08 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 22, 2021, 08:17:04 PM
We're on a run, which will end at some point. I can see where, but I don't want to jinx it and would love to be proved wrong.

From your 'matter of fact' view on other matters, it surprises me to see you embracing superstitious clap-trap.

Come on. Be bold. Don't hide. Tell us against whom you see our run ending.

Well clearly Bournemouth.

That's just it - it wasn't clear at all. I was expecting you to say Derby or, at a push, Preston.

Your earlier contribution chided other posters for looking ahead to the Bournemouth game when we've other opponents before then.

Now it transpires you have been thinking ahead to this fixture.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: simplyfulham on November 23, 2021, 10:35:27 PM
I'm wathing West Brom and they seem to be back at it again although they are yet to score.

There is no room for too many slips ups, they'll be on top of both us and Bournemouth given the chance if they continue to play the way they are at the moment.

Well this aged badly..

No, it still stands.  They were much the better side this evening (against a side that beat us) but just didn't score.   Did you watch it?

simplyfulham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 23, 2021, 10:42:57 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on November 23, 2021, 10:35:27 PM

Well this aged badly..

No, it still stands.  They were much the better side this evening (against a side that beat us) but just didn't score.   Did you watch it?

But that's the thing isn't it. You're not going to trouble the top spot if you can't score goals.

They've picked up 4 pts from the last possible 15 and only scored twice in that run.

No I didn't watch it, it falls very low on my list of things to do of a Tuesday before we even get to the fact I don't have sky, but 25 shots at goal tonight and no goals tells it's own story no?

Feels like teams have worked them out to an extent and they are no where near good enough at creating or putting away chances.

Somerset Fulham

We've been through a patch, Bournemouth maybe heading into theirs too. It happens. I'm not suggesting that they will catch us, but they certainly have a squad capable of doing so and it's something to be aware of, especially if they change managers in the near future.

In that respect my post has aged just as I expected it too. 

simplyfulham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 23, 2021, 11:04:55 PM
We've been through a patch, Bournemouth maybe heading into theirs too. It happens. I'm not suggesting that they will catch us, but they certainly have a squad capable of doing so and it's something to be aware of, especially if they change managers in the near future.

In that respect my post has aged just as I expected it too.

Well hey listen I don't mean to get into he said she said too much but...

You very much did say..
... they'll be on top of both us and Bournemouth given the chance if they continue to play the way they are at the moment.

Which admittedly might be tricky if they don't score another goal.. like they did tonight.

They just don't have a goal threat. No manager in the world is going to be able to change that without bringing someone into the side in Jan. They remind me a bit of us last year when Parker left Mitrovic on the bench. We huffed and puffed well enough but you just couldn't see where we were going to get goals from.

It's the same with Brom. They're not a bad side but they need some fire power.

Somerset Fulham

What a strange argument to want to pick.  They will be on top of us if we give them the chance, of course they will. 

At the time I posted tonight they were well, well on top and playing well too. If that continues they will win games, then all it takes is for us to lose a couple then they're back in it.

I don't understand what you're trying to prove here, really.

simplyfulham

Whoa there easy fella. No arguments or points here, just a bit of light taking the mick that's all.

Your admiration for a Baggies side after a 0-0 with Blackpool who could potentially be 10 points off second just seems an odd hill to die on.

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: simplyfulham on November 24, 2021, 12:12:06 AM
Whoa there easy fella. No arguments or points here, just a bit of light taking the mick that's all.

Your admiration for a Baggies side after a 0-0 with Blackpool who could potentially be 10 points off second just seems an odd hill to die on.
I agree, they have repeatedly flattered to deceive and the fans have fallen out of love with the manager pretty quickly. The problem for them is if they don't bounce back straight away the more difficult it becomes to get back, as we know all too well.

WBA could come back into it of course, personally I don't think that will be because we have taken our foot off the gas but because the team below us and in particular their manager, will make some strange decisions.

itombomb

Quote from: simplyfulham on November 23, 2021, 08:12:17 PM
We're on a run, which will end at some point. I can see where, but I don't want to jinx it and would love to be proved wrong.

From your 'matter of fact' view on other matters, it surprises me to see you embracing superstitious clap-trap.

Well clearly Bournemouth. We all know, deep down, it'll go either way. It doesn't have a draw written all over it. Some of our players have a point to prove, especially Mitro and I can see Parker setting up to get his players winding him up and getting him sent off.

My thoughts were it does have draw written all over it.

Parker will be keen not to lose to us because;
A) he won't want to give up ground to a title rival.

B) he's a cautious coach by nature and he knows we probably have more strength in depth than Bournemouth do.

C) he has too much pride to let his Bournemouth team lose to us after the way he walked out in the summer. He won't want it to look like he made the wrong choice.
I agree with that. They're a good side who will cause us problems as they have some quality, and if you remember back, arguably our best performance in the Parker promotion season was sneaking the win in the home game against Leeds, where we entirely set up to counter them, rather than seek to do anything ourselves.

Pluto

They have the second best squad in the league but there isn't a single player of theirs who would get into a combined starting 11. I would take our player in literally every position.

FFC1987

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 23, 2021, 09:42:20 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 23, 2021, 06:51:18 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 23, 2021, 04:35:41 PM

Well clearly Bournemouth. We all know, deep down, it'll go either way. It doesn't have a draw written all over it. Some of our players have a point to prove, especially Mitro and I can see Parker setting up to get his players winding him up and getting him sent off.

I wrote I think it'll be a draw and look, another example of the dismissive attitude people are calling you out for. Jeez

I wasn't replying to you though. I dont think it will be a draw. If you do, that's fine. Jeez.

:beer: Jeeez :beer:

Just leaving this here Rufus